Page 191 of 197 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 3940

Thread: Canada Basketball

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thompson says best is yet to come for Canada

https://www.fiba.com/news/thompson-s...ome-for-canada

CLEVELAND (FIBA AmeriCup 2017) - Canada have yet to realize their immense potential in the international game but it seems only a matter of time before that happens..

Cory joseph raptors Open Gym

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUoTvoDaRhM

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamal Murray wins MVP of the NBA Rising Stars game, over some very big names. Kid is gonna be a beast.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I see more and more of DeMar's offensive game in Wiggins which is actually a great thing because AW has better range and a lot more bounce and speed. Him and Murray so far will be leading the charge but Rowan Barrett Jr may be the real superstar in the future (well behind Zion lol I swear that kid is turning 28 this year, just unreal athleticism).

Murray
    Barrett Jr
    Wiggins
    Lyles
    Thompson

Really not that bad at all for a nation that's just starting to grow the game especially when majority seem to be from Ontario and when our entire country's population is less than California alone lol.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice if Murray gets more time in Denver which may happen but I get the sense like his dad Malone wants to win. Jamal has had some very good games but is streaky and due to denver depth he will get pulled while in a drought.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rightsideup wrote: View Post
    It would be nice if Murray gets more time in Denver which may happen but I get the sense like his dad Malone wants to win. Jamal has had some very good games but is streaky and due to denver depth he will get pulled while in a drought.
    Meh I wouldnt sweat what is happening to him as a rookie. If DEN is smart he will become a starter and they will ship Mudiay for another top young player because this league is all about shooting. Jokic is basically the point C, so if they can just surround him with shooters which obv Murray is they could have an extremely bright future ahead I think they do see it because Murrays hype died down around the draft but they seem to be trying to include him more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Meh I wouldnt sweat what is happening to him as a rookie. If DEN is smart he will become a starter and they will ship Mudiay for another top young player because this league is all about shooting. Jokic is basically the point C, so if they can just surround him with shooters which obv Murray is they could have an extremely bright future ahead I think they do see it because Murrays hype died down around the draft but they seem to be trying to include him more.
    Very good point Mudiay's shooting is really not showing signs of improvement. As long as Jamal shows the coathing staff a good work ethic he will eventually be seeing more time.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

RJ Barrett coming along nicely....

NEW ORLEANS—A teenage Canadian basketball star copped a major honour here as part of the NBA’s all-star weekend.

R.J. Barrett, seen as one of the next wave of great Canadian players, was named the most valuable player at the league’s Basketball Without Borders global camp held over three days.

The 16-year-old son of long-time Canadian national team stalwart Rowan Barrett was chosen the best of 63 players at the camp, directed by Raptors president Masai Ujiri.

Barrett is a six-fooot-seven sophomore at Montverde Academy in Montverde, Fla., the same prep school attended by Ben Simmons, the top pick in last June’s draft.

Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    RJ Barrett coming along nicely....
    Yep but there is an important info there as well:
    "The 16-year-old son of long-time Canadian national team stalwart Rowan Barrett was chosen the best of 63 players at the camp, directed by Raptors president Masai Ujiri"
    Sneaky Masai using the camp as early scouting evaluation of early Canadian talent, so he got a lag on the competition from both Canada and Africa before they enter college. Obviously knowing first hand their personality and work ethics is something that could be used well on draft day other then the player's overall talent after they done playing in college.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just listened the Lowe Podcast and interesting to hear about a Canadian angle ... It seems that Boogie tormented and bullied
    Nik Stauskas during his rookie season and almost ruined his NBA career before it even started ...

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Wiggins actually going to show up and play?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote guyroch wrote: View Post
    I just listened the Lowe Podcast and interesting to hear about a Canadian angle ... It seems that Boogie tormented and bullied
    Nik Stauskas during his rookie season and almost ruined his NBA career before it even started ...
    What?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    What?
    What ? on your what ... I read my post and just stating that I listened to a podcast and got some old news about a Canadian player and thought I would share it ..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Is Wiggins actually going to show up and play?
    We all hope but the more and more our depth grows the more if he plays will not be such a big deal ... We are unlike teams
    like Gernmany who depended on Dirk ...

Post Thanks / Like

We all hope but the more and more our depth grows the more if he plays will not be such a big deal ... We are unlike teams
    Right, except that right now what really matters most is sub-NBA depth and involvement. With the new format, we need to qualify for the FIBA championships through home-and-away series, most of which will take place during the NBA season (so we'll need non-NBA players to get us there). We need to finish top 7 in the Americas in those games to get to the 2019 world championships. At the world championships (which will be in September so we should have a solid roster), we essentially need to finish top 2 amongst americas teams to qualify directly, or top 23 overall to move onto the final qualification tournaments... which is in June so we need any NBA players who are in the playoffs to turn around and play with little rest from the NBA season.

Honestly, I don't think any country is as much screwed-over by this new qualification system than Canada. Other countries who are less reliant on NBA-level talent can at least keep the same rosters throughout the process, and they're more likely to have players playing close to their home country where they travel less and run national team practices. We'll need to convince guys like, say, Bennett and Bachinski and Ejim that they should give up what little rest they get to come to Canada, get a few practices in, play a game in Canada and then fly down to Argentina and play a game there and then return to the Euro-teams within a 9 day window, with no promise (and in fact little likelihood) that they'll be on the team that plays at the world championships or Olympics if they win. And we need them to actually win most of those games, and they'll be highly criticized if they lose.

Raptors Republic Starter Matt Damon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is literally our team right now
    SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
    He is literally our team right now
    Hey Brian Scallabrine poster ( not actual broadcaster I suspect ) can you explain to me why Brian Scallabrine seems so self adsorbed and frankly arrogant on the morning lineup with Frank Isola ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    What?
    He said: "I just listened the Lowe Podcast and interesting to hear about a Canadian angle ... It seems that Boogie tormented and bullied Nik Stauskas during his rookie season and almost ruined his NBA career before it even started ..." Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Nicholson traded from Washington to the Nets. I hope they give him some regular playing time so they can see what they have. He will have to fight with Scola, Booker, and Acy for pt.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Andrew Nicholson traded from Washington to the Nets. I hope they give him some regular playing time so they can see what they have. He will have to fight with Scola, Booker, and Acy for pt.
    You and me both ... I am pretty sure they will give him every opportunity ...

Post Thanks / Like

Tyler Ennis to the Lakers...another Canuck with the opportunity to get some playing time before the season is out.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Page 191 of 197 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast

Thread Information