Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    Bruno's biggest obstacle is that he's competing with JJ and Ross for minutes.
    That's not an obstacle...that's an opportunity. He is going to have to go hard in practice, and he looks like the type that will.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      That's not an obstacle...that's an opportunity. He is going to have to go hard in practice, and he looks like the type that will.
      And it's not like JJ is here long term.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I believe these tweets are from Bruno's agent/manager, so perspective would be biased, but glad to hear he is getting some action against other NBA players.

@Ewresende: 1/2 News coming from L.A. Training camp, Pick up games against Top NBA players. He went, he did it. @Bruno_Caboclo impressed all once again.

@Ewresende: 2/2 Hello, who are you man? I'm Bruno, @Bruno_Caboclo from Brazil, 18 years old and I came to stay.

Anyone know who was involved in this action? I would guess DeMar and Amir at least, plus Lowry potentially...but these are just guesses.

Hoping some non-Raptor players were involved.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Follow-up from Bruno's agent about LA game:

@Ewresende: @m_shantz It was on Friday. A bunch of players from other teams. You know, they all play some interesting pick ups during the Summer.

Nothing specific, but glad he's getting some action against non-Raptor players. Good to get some variety and to gain a little familiarity. Could help in speeding development.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            He's pretty much at the same level as most of the college freshman that were in the draft, outside of a few exceptions. Just look at someone like Aaron Gordon. Would you bet serious money Gordon is ready for NBA minutes before Bruno? I sure wouldn't.
            On the Magic? Sure he is ...

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
              I believe these tweets are from Bruno's agent/manager, so perspective would be biased, but glad to hear he is getting some action against other NBA players.

@Ewresende: 1/2 News coming from L.A. Training camp, Pick up games against Top NBA players. He went, he did it. @Bruno_Caboclo impressed all once again.

@Ewresende: 2/2 Hello, who are you man? I'm Bruno, @Bruno_Caboclo from Brazil, 18 years old and I came to stay.

Anyone know who was involved in this action? I would guess DeMar and Amir at least, plus Lowry potentially...but these are just guesses.

Hoping some non-Raptor players were involved.
              I'm more glad to hear that he is playing well against these NBAers. But that could just be the manager saying that.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Everything Bruno Caboclo

gonna reserve any judgement on cabloco until he actually plays in an nba game. 15 second instagram videos of shooting open 3's is something i care very little to see. Good form or not, that might as well have been a video of austin daye.
                Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Aug 25, 2014, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  gonna reserve any judgement on cabloco until he actually plays in an nba game. 15 second instagram videos of shooting open 3's is something i care very little to see. Good form or not, that might as well have been a video of austin daye.
                  That was cold.
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Thats "NBA Champion" Austin Daye to you.

Comment

Agreed, practice is not the game

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Agreed, practice is not the game

Wow, several guys who shot 1400 FT's in practice and only 11-14 FTA's in game over the same period. Seems like they should spend less time standing around practicing FT's and more time practicing how to draw fouls.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Wow, several guys who shot 1400 FT's in practice and only 11-14 FTA's in game over the same period. Seems like they should spend less time standing around practicing FT's and more time practicing how to draw fouls.
                          Well, minutes played probably has a lot to do with it. Everyone gets full practice time. Guys who only play in 5 games won't be able to rack up a lot of FT's.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                            That was cold.
                            It wasn't a comparison or anything but Austin Daye can shoot tons of open 3's in practice as well. He did win the raptors family day 3 point shootout after all

Comment

• Well Austin Daye shot 40% in his second year with Detroit. And 40% with San Antonio. He has other problems though.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Well, minutes played probably has a lot to do with it. Everyone gets full practice time. Guys who only play in 5 games won't be able to rack up a lot of FT's.
                                Absolutely mpg would be a factor - still suggests they maybe should have a different training program than starters? Or that it should be individualized for all players. I find it weird that they all shot the same number of practice FT's, even though, for example:
                                - Dwight Howard shot about 500 in-game FT's at a 49.5% clip. He should be working on this more than a guy like Ebanks, who shot 14 in-game FT's at a 78.6% clip. Why would they both spend a similar amount of practice time shooting 1400-ish FT's? The return on investment seems wonky for both the player and the team.

I'll admit I don't know the first thing about training and skill development at this level. Maybe there's enough customization in each player's personal training program.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X