No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is he, Kyle Anderson was my pick back then, but haven't followed him.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
      Is he, Kyle Anderson was my pick back then, but haven't followed him.
      He will be. Anderson is like 2 years older, this is his last year of his contract and he averaged like 3 points and 3 rebounds? Im not setting bar high for Bruno lool
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        LOL

This dude is a clown man. The guy is a fucking garbage time player in the NBA, hasn't accomplished shit in his 3 years here. Hasn't improved one bit. And now he's acting like a DIVA in international competition? are u kidding me? who the fuck do you think you are?

If you're Kobe or LeBron sure. Those guys should be given some leeway. They're all time greats. You're BRUNO CABOCLO lol. You're a SHITTY basketball player. You're showing up you're coaches and you're teammates. You can't do that. You can't act like that. It's not a good look.

Brazil did a GREAT job of removing him from their team.
        Somewhere, Sam Dalembert is pouring out a little liquor....

Comment

• Don't get me started about Dalembert.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• From a pretty big newspaper in Brazil http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/esporte...sciplina.shtml and translated using google translate. Seems like Bruno has had these type of issues before which is kind of disappointing he hasn't learned.

Brazilian disappoints confederation and NBA team with act of indiscipline

Caboclo's first tournament for the National Team lasted only 46 minutes

Coach César Guidetti and the new board of CBB (Brazilian Basketball Confederation) had great expectations for the debut of wing Bruno Caboclo, 21, in the National Team.

An emptied Copa America, which was no longer vague for the Olympics or World Cup, was seen as the ideal chance for its first performance.

All optimism about the NBA's Toronto Raptors player ended on Saturday night in Medellin, Colombia, when the athlete ignored the coach's and manager Renato Llamas's speech and refused to return to the basketball court in Defeat to Mexico for the second round of the tournament.

Unsatisfied with his role in the team, even if he had played 46 of the 50 minutes possible in the competition, the player did not listen to Guidetti when called in the second quarter. He held the position after two conversations with Llamas, the second during the halftime.

At the end of the match, the manager announced his suspension "indefinitely" of the NT. The experiment was abruptly closed.

Caboclo's debut for the selection could, in fact, have not even happened. During the training phase in Pindamonhangaba, the player missed a training session on Monday (14), after a day off given to the group on Sunday.

The frustration with the Caboclo cut was not limited to CBB employees. She reached out to whoever works for the Raptors.

When the information reached the Canadian metropolis, its leaders were disappointed. They activated their Brazilian contacts immediately, in search of details. But they were not necessarily surprised. It would not be the first immature act they heard.

During the three years of Caboclo in Toronto, the franchise worked to stifle similar stories, preserving the athlete - and also their investment.

In 2014, the club was surprised to use the 20th pick of the "Draft" in the athlete born in Osasco. A risky bet on a wing that had only played 17 times for Pinheiros in NBB. Hence the effort to shield it.

In his first three years of contract, the Brazilian played only 106 minutes for the Raptors. Which equates to two full matches and another ten minutes to spare. Each regular season of the NBA has 82 games.

Even so his call was received positively in Toronto. To the surprise of CBB, the procedures for the release of the player were fast. The Copa América would be valuable for its development.

In the distance, however, with the match against Mexico live on TV, there was no longer any way to stifle the case.

Quite different from what happened on January 1, 2015, when the club announced the return of the athlete of a loan to Fort Wayne's Mad Ants, a NBA Development League franchise based in Indiana.

After three matches for the team, the Brazilian, then 19, had early return to Canada without further explanation.

It was, in fact, a kind of rescue operation.

After a defeat of the Mad Ants, Caboclo had "disappeared". Club managers and coaches sought to try to get in touch and had no response by phone, social networks or campaign.

Worried, then, they had to resort to the staff of the hotel where he was staying, so that his room would be opened. When they arrived, they found the player sitting in his bed, silent, watching the TV.

The player was frustrated not to have been used even in an inferior team like the Mad Ants. Once again, the Raptors' plan to given playing time was closed earlier than expected.

This episode, confirmed to Folha by three independent sources, was just one of a series of mistakes that punctuate the trajectory. "Emotional" is an adjective that has accompanied him in Canada.

Now, in the service of the National Team, the issues have surfaced. In social networks, the forwad was heavily criticized. He even got one of his accounts out of the air on Saturday. Profile was reactivated with an apology.

"I respect my coaches and colleagues and let my emotions get in the way of our team's goals," he said. "I humbly accept the consequences for my actions."

That same night, back to the hotel where the selection was staying in Medellín, Caboclo again "disappeared". This time, however, he was not locked in his room. He only ended his stay earlier and went to another establishment, without communicating to CBB.

LOW INTENSITY

The untimely gesture did not surprise an experienced NBA scout who was in the gym in Medellin to watch him.

After a win over Colombia on Tuesday, the scout, who can not be identified due to the protocol of the American league, reported to Folha that Caboclo seemed disconnected from his teammates.

"Bruno's body expression is terrible"

In his diagnosis, he pointed out the low intensity and apparent lack of compromising of the ward.

In the only Brazilian triumph for group A, he added 11 points and 11 reboes.

Comment

• Google Translate comes up with some beautiful, nonsense phrases.

But that's definitely not good. I wonder if now that the lid is off Pandora's Box if we'll get the Toronto media coming out with stories and recollections that they suddenly remember being aware of all along.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• well fuck that's disheartening. Masai fucked up on this one. I guess I fucked up too lmao he is not going to be a NBA player
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I guess I hit the nail on the head when I said Ryan Leaf.... that guy was all emotions & it seems Bruno might be the same. I hope they get Stackhouse to talk some shit into the kid ASAP.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I guess I hit the nail on the head when I said Ryan Leaf.... that guy was all emotions & it seems Bruno might be the same. I hope they get Stackhouse to talk some shit into the kid ASAP.
                    It's been vaguely reported this week that Bruno clashed with Stackhouse this year in the D-Leauge, often getting upset or pouty about his playing time there too.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      I guess I hit the nail on the head when I said Ryan Leaf.... that guy was all emotions & it seems Bruno might be the same. I hope they get Stackhouse to talk some shit into the kid ASAP.
                      This is so DISRESPECTFUL to Ryan Leaf. Leaf was an ELITE prospect. He was a GREAT college player. Great college career.

Bruno came out of NOWHERE and was somehow picked in the 1st round. He was no elite prospect. No one has ever heard of him before. Masai drafted him only because of his physique(6'11, long arms) which is beyond idiotic.

First time I ever saw him play it was like watching a 5 year old kid play basketball for the first time(i'm not exaggerating). Things has not changed. He hasn't gotten any better. And now we know he has attitude problems? diva-ish? get this fucker out of my team.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wow. If true, that is some serious headcase baggage. What a mess.

Comment

• Yeah....I remember when I was a 19 year old and got selected for a job in a far away country. I didn't know a word of the new language. I was fawned over by my new home and had tens of thousands of people chant my name. Then I got shipped to a small town. And the best was, everything I did was watched by rabid fans. I had a bad day at work once and cried. It became a news story that followed me to this day. Of course I never behaved unprofessionally after that. See where this is going? If you have been through college, think of what you would have been like if all those moments were filmed. Give the guy a chance to make mistakes. Even repeat ones. Then see what he can be before you write him off.

Comment

• This looks reaalllyy bad. If he uses this experience to turn things around then there's a sliver of hope. At the same time maybe he and everyone else learns that this just isn't for him and we can all just move on.

I'll say this, it must be difficult to go from being a complete unknown to where he is now, with the fanbase putting him under a microscope. For me it looks like he came into all of this unaware of how much mental fortitude it takes to make this work.
                            OG is our king

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Yeah....I remember when I was a 19 year old and got selected for a job in a far away country. I didn't know a word of the new language. I was fawned over by my new home and had tens of thousands of people chant my name. Then I got shipped to a small town. And the best was, everything I did was watched by rabid fans. I had a bad day at work once and cried. It became a news story that followed me to this day. Of course I never behaved unprofessionally after that. See where this is going? If you have been through college, think of what you would have been like if all those moments were filmed. Give the guy a chance to make mistakes. Even repeat ones. Then see what he can be before you write him off.
                              Exactly. People are quick to write him off because he gets upset about not playing enough.

It could be so much worse. Imagine Bruno thought he was playing too much?

The kid is passionate. That article was written to help the Brazilian Basketball Confederation save face.

This incident is not breaking news, and it does not change his potential trajectory.

He will most likely adapt and mature from this.

Comment

• And if you write him off now, and start singing his praises in 2 years, you're faker than a 4 dollar bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X