Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    I must say I am ready to cut this guy loose. I would love to see us sign Richard Jefferson for a 1 year deal to help mentor OG and provide some solid depth on the wing. Bruno needs to go play somewhere out of the NBA light for a couple years to see if he develops.
    We don't need to cut Bruno for that. We have space to add someone. There is no financial benefit since we'd have to eat Bruno's contract.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Bruno, it pretty much makes no sense to get rid of him at the moment. We'd have to eat his deal and he probably has no trade value even just as sweetener. No team is thinking "if you throw in Bruno we can get this deal done". Maybe he could be a token piece to help balance money, but his contract is very small so maybe not. And maybe he gets bought out if Masai has a deal on the table that brings in more players than we can currently fit on the roster so he has to clear a spot.

But yeah, probably another year on the roster for him.

Comment

• RJ is a good fit, but I hate him so damn much. He acts so tough but you know he is marshmallow soft

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        We don't need to cut Bruno for that. We have space to add someone. There is no financial benefit since we'd have to eat Bruno's contract.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Bruno, it pretty much makes no sense to get rid of him at the moment. We'd have to eat his deal and he probably has no trade value even just as sweetener. No team is thinking "if you throw in Bruno we can get this deal done". Maybe he could be a token piece to help balance money, but his contract is very small so maybe not. And maybe he gets bought out if Masai has a deal on the table that brings in more players than we can currently fit on the roster so he has to clear a spot.

But yeah, probably another year on the roster for him.
        As long as he isn't re-signed, I don't care whether he's cut or not

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Remember when i said he's not a good 3pt shooter and when i said that Giannis is a better 3pt shooter than him? yeah....

2/13. All of his 3's were wide open too. And most did not even hit the rim.
          This is why the G-league doesn't translate well to the NBA. Just the pressure of being on a bigger stage is hard to handle, let alone having NBA-level defenders lurking around.

Comment

• To me a guy like Bruno needs to suffer some hardship. You saw guys like Anthony Parker and what he was like when he came here after a stint in Europe. I don't think Anthony Parker was some kind of spoiled brat before he went there, but Bruno is. Some guys need a humbling experience to get back on track.

I think that's just what a person like Bruno needs. He'll have received something $7.2M by the end of the 4 years for essentially doing jackshit. A little maturation ought to do the trick. Currently his chances of being a rotational NBA player is 0 to none. A few years in a dungeon of a Chinese labor camp, I'm sorry, I mean Chinese basketball team and his chances might raise to 5%.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• The shooting is a major concern. Hopefully he can his legs under him with the 905.

Comment

• He just looks like he's not strong enough emotionally. He's looked really good in many international/d-league games you would think he should be able to at least play like a rookie in the NBA, then he gets into a pre-season game and:

goal-tend his own teammate's shot
                staring into space on D and getting dunked on
                jumps too early when rebounding and completely missed the ball
                butter fingers several passes with no defender nearby
                passes the ball to the wrong team

I don't think he's actually that bad skill wise, just that he can't handle the pressure. But if the pressure of a pre-season game is affecting him this much, he's going to need A LOT of playing time to over come that.

Comment

• No extension for Bruno or Lucas.

Details on the front page of Raptors Republic.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    No extension for Bruno or Lucas.

With the team possibly being a tax team in 2018-2019 kind of makes sense to walk away from one if not both those guys. Although you could probably get Bruno back at a minimum deal.. it might be more prudent to get another kid to come in instead. Look what we got out of FVV for example.

Personally I think the Bruno experiment ends after this year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      With the team possibly being a tax team in 2018-2019 kind of makes sense to walk away from one if not both those guys. Although you could probably get Bruno back at a minimum deal.. it might be more prudent to get another kid to come in instead. Look what we got out of FVV for example.

Personally I think the Bruno experiment ends after this year.
                      I'm sure they'd bring either player back for the minimum if they can. But I also think they don't extend qualifying offers - both guys would very likely take the QO, and that would mean a significant tax hit next summer.

That changes if JV is moved, then a QO and longer term offer for BeBe makes sense.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thank god. Masai finally seeing the light?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I read on Twitter that Bruno will begin the season as an inactive.

It was a good run for Bruno (not really) but it looks like the experiment has officially failed.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                            I read on Twitter that Bruno will begin the season as an inactive.

It was a good run for Bruno (not really) but it looks like the experiment has officially failed.
                            Active and inactive lists are basically meaningless until game night.

But that aside, him being inactive just means he's not dressed. Which, I mean, is that unexpected?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Active and inactive lists are basically meaningless until game night.

But that aside, him being inactive just means he's not dressed. Which, I mean, is that unexpected?
                                I guess most people here think this was the year he should crack the rotation if he was ever going to, and alas, he hasn’t.

He’s definitely done, OG basically replaces everything that Bruno was supposed to be on this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X