Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    So if this guy does pan out, what do will we do next? Lowry will probably be old, so we'd need a replacement for him, derozan and Patterson will most likely be in his prime, JV will be entering his prime, Ross too, I don't think that wins us a championship.. should we just sign KD?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    that lineup isn't going to win us a championship anyway. so it doesnt really matter how old they'll be by the time bruno could potentially be an impact player/star/whatever.

besides lowry, DD/ross/JV/Ppat are all barely mid 20's. they still have a ton of years left.

it also seems like you're putting WAY too much on brunos shoulders. hes a fucking 20 pick for gods sake. no one is thinking hes going to be our championship saviour.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• People act like we picked Bruno with a lottery pick in the top 5 or something.

We swung for hte fences. He could've been worth a Top 5 pick 5 years down the line, but, I think at worst he'll be a good role player, which is what a 20th Pick is anyways.

Lowry/DD are just entering their primes.

PPat is almost in his prime.

Ross/JV aren't even really there yet.

This team has a lot of youth, and some good upside if they can come together and play as a TEAM, ala the Spurs.

If Bruno can be a solid contributor, maybe like a 6th/7th man (being hopeful), and put up something like 8pts/5rbdn/1 stl/1 blk averages in like 20MPG, what more can you ask for from a 19 Yr Old Rookie, drafted 20th?

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
        People act like we picked Bruno with a lottery pick in the top 5 or something.

We swung for hte fences. He could've been worth a Top 5 pick 5 years down the line, but, I think at worst he'll be a good role player, which is what a 20th Pick is anyways.

Lowry/DD are just entering their primes.

PPat is almost in his prime.

Ross/JV aren't even really there yet.

This team has a lot of youth, and some good upside if they can come together and play as a TEAM, ala the Spurs.

If Bruno can be a solid contributor, maybe like a 6th/7th man (being hopeful), and put up something like 8pts/5rbdn/1 stl/1 blk averages in like 20MPG, what more can you ask for from a 19 Yr Old Rookie, drafted 20th?
        I'd be ecstatic with those averages but more realistically I think he'll be at around 4pts 2rebs 0.5 blocks 0.5 steals and probably at about 10 or so minutes a game. He's too young to be playing half the game

Comment

• The way I look at it what's the difference between Exum and Caboclo?

If anything Bruno probably played against better competition over the last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            The way I look at it what's the difference between Exum and Caboclo?

truth

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
              So if this guy does pan out, what do will we do next? Lowry will probably be old, so we'd need a replacement for him, derozan and Patterson will most likely be in his prime, JV will be entering his prime, Ross too, I don't think that wins us a championship.. should we just sign KD?

Yeah, lets just sign KD, what the heck. Lets just sign LeBron too.

Comment

The difference is all this so called experts hyping up Dante Exum like he's the second coming of Penny Hardaway and you're right Exum could easily by a bust because he has not played against strong competition is the last year or so
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  The difference is all this so called experts hyping up Dante Exum like he's the second coming of Penny Hardaway and you're right Exum could easily by a bust because he has not played against strong competition is the last year or so
                  The difference is they've seen Exum against some good competition in international play and he has more skills than Bruno apparently does now.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, lets just sign KD, what the heck. Lets just sign LeBron too.
                    I obviously didn't mean it like it was easy, meant it like the next path we should take. Stop being ridiculous.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      I'd be ecstatic with those averages but more realistically I think he'll be at around 4pts 2rebs 0.5 blocks 0.5 steals and probably at about 10 or so minutes a game. He's too young to be playing half the game
                      You think so? I think he could be pulling those numbers by the end of the year.

I mean, granted, everybody is always touted as a "Fast-Learner", but for somebody who's only been playing for 5-Years, he's picked up a lot of skills and fundamentals. With I would say limited coaching. What can he do with Professional Level coaching, equipment, and everything?

Especially since he's a gym rat too, I can see him an DD getting along very well, which means he'll likely get along with AJ/Ross too. Hopefully JV and Lowry, if he resigns, or our new PG are all working together, I mean, we've got time to allow them to get to know each other and Gel with Bruno, gotta use that time wisely.

Comment

Here is Tim Chisholm on fans here
                        http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2014/...ddball-drafts/

Step 5: A few dissenting Raptors fans begin to loudly defend a player that they’ve barely — if ever — seen play.

Step 6: Fans increasingly talk themselves into the player over the course of the summer, sometimes going so far as to talk about how the newcomer will displace his positional incumbent upon arrival.

Soooo True .... Love it.

Comment

• 2 years away from being 2 years away......

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
                            You think so? I think he could be pulling those numbers by the end of the year.

I mean, granted, everybody is always touted as a "Fast-Learner", but for somebody who's only been playing for 5-Years, he's picked up a lot of skills and fundamentals. With I would say limited coaching. What can he do with Professional Level coaching, equipment, and everything?

Especially since he's a gym rat too, I can see him an DD getting along very well, which means he'll likely get along with AJ/Ross too. Hopefully JV and Lowry, if he resigns, or our new PG are all working together, I mean, we've got time to allow them to get to know each other and Gel with Bruno, gotta use that time wisely.
                            I honestly think Masai will still sign a veteran back up wing to get minutes, even if he does play well we can't go into the season expecting someone that just turned 19 to be our first wing off the bench.

Comment

• This pick is almost like drafting a high school player, and developing him. It's a bit of a loop hole really. This is true organic growth. If they can but zero expectations on him and bring him along slowly this season, I would imagine that he maybe able to be a rotational player next year. Hopefully within 3 year or 4 years he is a factor on this team. We really don't know enough about him right now to give any kind of timelines but his work ethic and physical tools are encouraging.

Comment

• I've said enough about this kid.
                                I like the pick.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X