No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno does know how to play basketball, we've seen him be an impact player at lower levels - he's just too prone to making mistakes (turnovers especially, which are an absolute no-no for Casey) and he's not yet knocking down shots at the clip he should be.

Given his (non)performance this preseason, the question of whether he's emotionally/mentally ready also looms large.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Nope. Bird Rights are automatic. You have them until you waive them (or the player signs with another NBA team).
      I suspect Masai is eyeing up this possibility - shouldn't be too hard to find Bruno a lucrative opportunity to spread his wings in Europe or China.

Comment

• Also, PJ Tucker was an undersized shooting guard? News to me.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Also, PJ Tucker was an undersized shooting guard? News to me.
          Reading comprehension is key when you attempt to make a (failed) shot at being witty.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Reading comprehension is key when you attempt to make a (failed) shot at being witty.
            I comprehended everything just fine - "they didn't know if he was a SG or SF because he was actually the size of a below average sized SG" - I simply disagreed with the point. He had the height of a SG but I doubt anyone thought he was one. Here's a scouting report from that time:

Tucker’s size has to be considered the main one. If he was just 2-3 inches taller, he’d be a sure-fire top-20 pick as it would be much easier to see him becoming a real power small forward. At 6-5, he is shorter than most NBA shooting guards, but is more bit stuck between the 3 and the 4 spots when talking about his true position skill-wise. Defensively is where the biggest concerns come out, as it’s unclear whether he has the experience or lateral quickness to defend the perimeter. If Tucker were an incredibly freakish athlete he would likely make up this to a certain extent, but he really isn’t out of this world in this regard, even though he is certainly no slouch. His overall quickness and first step are not what you’d expect out of an NBA shooting guard, and he might need to transform his body into more of a wing’s build than a burly college forward. Tucker is most likely a small forward in the NBA, but doesn’t have the same type of range on his jump-shot that most small forwards do. He never really attempted to shoot from behind the collegiate 3-point line, let alone the NBA 3-point line, not with his feet set and certainly not off the dribble. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...g-Report-2865/ ©DraftExpress

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I comprehended everything just fine - "they didn't know if he was a SG or SF because he was actually the size of a below average sized SG" - I simply disagreed with the point. He had the height of a SG but I doubt anyone thought he was one. Here's a scouting report from that time:

Tucker’s size has to be considered the main one. If he was just 2-3 inches taller, he’d be a sure-fire top-20 pick as it would be much easier to see him becoming a real power small forward. At 6-5, he is shorter than most NBA shooting guards, but is more bit stuck between the 3 and the 4 spots when talking about his true position skill-wise. Defensively is where the biggest concerns come out, as it’s unclear whether he has the experience or lateral quickness to defend the perimeter. If Tucker were an incredibly freakish athlete he would likely make up this to a certain extent, but he really isn’t out of this world in this regard, even though he is certainly no slouch. His overall quickness and first step are not what you’d expect out of an NBA shooting guard, and he might need to transform his body into more of a wing’s build than a burly college forward. Tucker is most likely a small forward in the NBA, but doesn’t have the same type of range on his jump-shot that most small forwards do. He never really attempted to shoot from behind the collegiate 3-point line, let alone the NBA 3-point line, not with his feet set and certainly not off the dribble. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...g-Report-2865/ ©DraftExpress
              I never said anyone thought he was one and your actual words/snide remark were that he WAS one which I clearly never said. The scouting report you provided only strengthens exactly what I was saying, damn near repeats it lol and shows the confusion they had when scouting him as to what position he should play as I stated and why unlike Bruno his physical attributes are what held him back not that he was some garbage player like BC.
              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Wed Oct 18, 2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Remember when everything demar derozan was where we went to bicker? The good ol days
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ok, I'm going to step away from this one until Bruno starts showing what he can do on the actual hardcourt again.The 905's first game isn't until Nov 5...

Comment

• This season is Bruno's final chance to show he can be a valuable piece of the team. If he shows decent improvement over last year, he probably gets resigned on a near min deal. If he doesn't, we let him walk off into the sunset, or Masai bamboozles someone into trading us a 1st round pick for him. Either way, no need bitching about getting rid of him until the season is over. The value some of you put on 15th man slots is ridiculous. Slots 11-15 don't get much if any playing time, so you might as well have some lotto tickets there with a chance to be winners.

Comment

• how come Bruno didn't com in with the team?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        how come Bruno didn't com in with the team?
                        Here's hoping because he's not a part of it anymore.

Comment

• Word was he was just delayed getting out of the locker room.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Word was he was just delayed getting out of the locker room.
                            He was 2 minutes away from being 2 minutes away?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Word was he was just delayed getting out of the locker room.
                              Right....
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                He was 2 minutes away from being 2 minutes away?
                                As usual, blame it on "nerves".

DNP - Nerves/Ice in belly

Comment

Working...
                                X