No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to make a statement that I may regret.

I loved the gamble on Bruno. I do not think he will ever play meaningful NBA basketball. That being said due to the number of sleepers that pop up and the late first and early second round, so long as there is no obvious choice, I am happy to continue gambling.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I'm not going to condemn him based on 20 minutes no matter how allegedly horrible he was.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        I'm not going to condemn him based on 20 minutes no matter how allegedly horrible he was.
        As has been noted, he put up some really impressive numbers in high pressure d-league games, and in international ball this summer. I'm still cutting him some slack.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          No I'd take Young because he looks like he could actually be a NBA player and not someone like Bruno who looks like he'd be lucky to come off the bench in China whenever his "nerves" hit because of the ever so intimidating highschool sized crowd and high pressure of a preseason game in Hawaii. That's why.
          He does? News to me. Everything about his frame, athleticism, and game scream ordinary or high limited. Compound with his abysmal stats and being traded already and he comes across as a total dud. I guess he's young (har har), and he was able to perform at the d-league level his first two years, so we'll see if he can pull together some kind of mediocrity in Milwaukee.
          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Oct 3, 2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• I for one will be interested in reading the "Where Are They Now?" Of 32 year old reclusive millionaire Bruno Caboclo in 2027
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I for one will be interested in reading the "Where Are They Now?" Of 32 year old reclusive millionaire Bruno Caboclo in 2027
              He is too innocent. My guess he will fall for some older golddigger like Chris Bosh did, she is gonna have his babies and he will have to pay child support to her until he leaves the NBA. After that he will try to play in Europe but that too would not work so he will end up being broke and will retire playing for mid level team in the Brazilian league at the age of 32.

I hope someone is talking to the kid that this could all be in his future if he isn't careful and his head isn't focused 24 hours on how to improve to a point where he isn't a liability on the NBA court or off it. The path he will take this year could potentially change his whole life for the better or the worse.

Comment

• Why is this scrub still on this team?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• James Young or Bruno? lol oh boy. Scrub vs scrub. Who's the bigger the bigger scrub?

They're both equal to me. But at least Young knows that you're not supposed to pass the ball to an opposing player.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. But realistically speaking, Jokic went 20 picks after Bruno. He was on nobody's radar.

Also have to remind ourselves that we were in "win now" mode. None of these guys would've been gifted development minutes if drafted by the Raptors.
                    Was Bruno on anyone's radar? I've heard the chatter, but can we really rely on it? I think Bruno would have still been there for the Daniels pick.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

• Bruno's issue isn't confidence, it's pressure. As odd as it seems, it feels like this was "Too much, too fast, too soon." Too much was drafting him in the 1st round, when he knew he was a 2nd rounder with a promise. The "too fast" was bringing him here right away, only for him to sit on the bench for a full season when he needed minutes more than anything. I bet Bruno would've done better with a year in Brazil before coming over, the playing in the D-League/G-League. The "too soon" was that game against the Bucks, in which he was thrown in during garbage time and actually played decent in his time on the floor. As odd as it seems, the expectations were always high on this kid even though he was a number 20 pick. When the 1st NBA game you ever play on the court involves the whole crowd shouting your name, how would you feel stepping onto the court every time after that?
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Was Bruno on anyone's radar? I've heard the chatter, but can we really rely on it? I think Bruno would have still been there for the Daniels pick.
                        Bruno was on 4 teams radar: Us, Phoenix, Utah & San Antonio. There was a risk that the Jazz or Spurs could've nabbed him before us.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Bruno was on 4 teams radar: Us, Phoenix, Utah & San Antonio. There was a risk that the Jazz or Spurs could've nabbed him before us.
                          I hope you're using the word "risk" very loosely.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            Bruno's issue isn't confidence, it's pressure. As odd as it seems, it feels like this was "Too much, too fast, too soon." Too much was drafting him in the 1st round, when he knew he was a 2nd rounder with a promise. The "too fast" was bringing him here right away, only for him to sit on the bench for a full season when he needed minutes more than anything. I bet Bruno would've done better with a year in Brazil before coming over, the playing in the D-League/G-League. The "too soon" was that game against the Bucks, in which he was thrown in during garbage time and actually played decent in his time on the floor. As odd as it seems, the expectations were always high on this kid even though he was a number 20 pick. When the 1st NBA game you ever play on the court involves the whole crowd shouting your name, how would you feel stepping onto the court every time after that?
                            Pressure? LOL he's been GIFTED a spot on an NBA team. The pressure should be on guys like Rautins and McDaniels, Miller and all these bubble guys. Stop making EXCUSES.

Bruno's issue is he can't play PERIOD. This should be obvious by now. I thought it was pretty obvious 3 years ago.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• C'mon guys, we can't be talking about pressure and nerves in his soon to be 4th year. If he can't handle nerves during a meaningless preseason game, how in the world is Casey supposed to put him out there for actual meaningful NBA minutes?

We're not talking about a proven basketball player here. This isn't a case of him playing fantastic consistently elsewhere but happened to have a bad night out of nowhere. He's been getting groomed since 2014 and he still isn't up to speed; clearly.

Not every pick pans out.. it's okay to say that Bruno does not have the chops for this job. Doesn't make him a fool or an idiot, it just means the NBA isn't for him.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Why is this scrub still on this team?
                                14 foot wingspan
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X