Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Absolutely mpg would be a factor - still suggests they maybe should have a different training program than starters? Or that it should be individualized for all players. I find it weird that they all shot the same number of practice FT's, even though, for example:
    - Dwight Howard shot about 500 in-game FT's at a 49.5% clip. He should be working on this more than a guy like Ebanks, who shot 14 in-game FT's at a 78.6% clip. Why would they both spend a similar amount of practice time shooting 1400-ish FT's? The return on investment seems wonky for both the player and the team.

I'll admit I don't know the first thing about training and skill development at this level. Maybe there's enough customization in each player's personal training program.
    I suspect the tallied FT's are from team practices, where all players are shooting FT's as part of a long practice. I'm sure each player has loads of untallied FT's from personal workouts. Who knows how many Dwight put up on his own time.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Absolutely mpg would be a factor - still suggests they maybe should have a different training program than starters? Or that it should be individualized for all players.
      Coaches need to just randomly grab bench players, make them get changed and have them play hard for 5 minutes. Real game style. See if they can perform coming in cold.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        Coaches need to just randomly grab bench players, make them get changed and have them play hard for 5 minutes. Real game style. See if they can perform coming in cold.
        I'll tell you my playing days should have involved more towel waving aerobics and garbage time drills as opposed to running all those suicide sprints on behalf of the starting unit's atrocious turnover rate from the previous game.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          I'm more glad to hear that he is playing well against these NBAers. But that could just be the manager saying that.
          Just because it may not be true, doesn't make it any less nicer to hear.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Just because it may not be true, doesn't make it any less nicer to hear.
            True
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Does anyone else see Bruno being used in a similar role as Novak was last year?

I know he doesn't have the shooting prowess of Steve Novak that would force teams to keep an eye on him and open up the floor. But, maybe that's a good thing because it could lead to more open looks for him. Bruno should be able to contribute some shooting this year and it's not like Novak did anything on the defensive end anyway so Bruno would probably be an upgrade there right away just based on his length. Besides, how many times did Novak miss wide open 3's?

Seems like a perfect fit to me.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                Does anyone else see Bruno being used in a similar role as Novak was last year?

I know he doesn't have the shooting prowess of Steve Novak that would force teams to keep an eye on him and open up the floor. But, maybe that's a good thing because it could lead to more open looks for him. Bruno should be able to contribute some shooting this year and it's not like Novak did anything on the defensive end anyway so Bruno would probably be an upgrade there right away just based on his length. Besides, how many times did Novak miss wide open 3's?

Seems like a perfect fit to me.
                I could actually see that. I do think he's going to get a little playing time here and there from the way some of the coaches are talking, but we shall see.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  I could actually see that. I do think he's going to get a little playing time here and there from the way some of the coaches are talking, but we shall see.
                  Either Hamilton or Bruno.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Either Hamilton or Bruno.
                    I don't see hamilton making the team.
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Novak could space the floor simply by reputation, though. Nobody was leaving him wide open, except by accident. Put Bruno in as a floor-spacer, and teams are not going to cover him that tight off-the-ball until he shows that he can make them consistently. Some nights he will, some nights he won't, probably. Will he get discouraged if he misses a few wide-open looks? Will he get discouraged if he's hanging out, wide open in the corner, and his teammates aren't passing to him? You never had to worry about those things with Novak, but those can often be issues with young rookies. So no, I don't really like him being used in a Novak role because I don't want him to get into the habit of camping on offense. I'd rather see him being an active part of the offense when he's on the court. If you can get him some open looks, great, but preferably as part of an offence that asks him to be much more active than Novak typically was.

Now, if you're talking about Novak-type minutes and game situations, then yeah, I'm all for that.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                        Novak could space the floor simply by reputation, though. Nobody was leaving him wide open, except by accident. Put Bruno in as a floor-spacer, and teams are not going to cover him that tight off-the-ball until he shows that he can make them consistently. Some nights he will, some nights he won't, probably. Will he get discouraged if he misses a few wide-open looks? Will he get discouraged if he's hanging out, wide open in the corner, and his teammates aren't passing to him? You never had to worry about those things with Novak, but those can often be issues with young rookies. So no, I don't really like him being used in a Novak role because I don't want him to get into the habit of camping on offense. I'd rather see him being an active part of the offense when he's on the court. If you can get him some open looks, great, but preferably as part of an offence that asks him to be much more active than Novak typically was.

Now, if you're talking about Novak-type minutes and game situations, then yeah, I'm all for that.
                        I could care less about his feelings and if team mates pass to him (which they will, the only way he even gets that role is if he's working hard in practice and knocking down those shots, plus it won't be in crunch time).

Of course he will be "camping on offence" TR did last year and it worked well for him as a stepping stone to more responsibility (hopefully) this year.

The kid needs to play and his most useful skill right now is his shooting and his length. Which is one more skill/asset than Novak had.

As far as teams not respecting his shooting, I mentioned that in the original post and said it would lead to more wide open looks for him, which isn't a bad thing.
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• I think the Brazilian Kevin Durant is too much expectations on him.
                          Realistically, I think we can mold Bruno to be a Lamar Odom type of player.
                          Bruno doesn't really have the handles or the pure shotcreation or offensive prowess to be a outright scorer.

He likes to crash the boards, hit the 3, defend multiple positions, and block shots.
                          If he can work on his handles and his feel for the game, he can be a Lamar Odom type of player thats a mismatch for any team really.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                            I think the Brazilian Kevin Durant is too much expectations on him.
                            Bruno doesn't really have the handles or the pure shotcreation or offensive prowess to be a outright scorer.

He likes to crash the boards, hit the 3, defend multiple positions, and block shots.
                            If he can work on his handles and his feel for the game, he can be a Lamar Odom type of player thats a mismatch for any team really.
                            He's straight up hitting cross over step back fading 3s in his defenders face, highschool kids can do this yes, but whats amazing about bruno is his size and wingspan and devotion to his work. I would not compare him to fords buddy lamar.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                              I think the Brazilian Kevin Durant is too much expectations on him.

He's 18, he can easily still become a scorer. DeRozan was nothing but an athlete when he came into the league and now he's a great scorer. Heck, Bruno probably already has a better 3 point shot than DeRozan does.

Comment

• Guys, you gotta remember that we know almost nothing about Bruno and that he's going to change a lot before he's a final product.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X