Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Bruno or Vince Carter, Bruno or Vince Carter, Bruno or Vince Carter.
    Bruno!!!

Comment

• I think you absolutely extend him. Forget the risk if he doesn't pan out. There is oodles of potential and extending him asap would likely mean getting him relatively cheap and for term. Imagine Bruno as a backup 3/4 that can play D on multiple positions and shoot the 3, at less than $5M per in today's cap world. It's a no brainer for me, extend him this summer, get him as many minutes with the Raps next year as possible supplemented with runs in the 905...he may actually be a 10-15 minute player every 2nd or 3rd game when his extension kicks in and maybe even a reliable rotation piece the year after.

Comment

• Bruno is exactly the type of player that a team like the Nets would throw a large offer at.

They have no real assets and aren't going to attract free agents unless they overpay and/or can offer more playing time to fringe players that they hope can blossom.

Getting him locked up just makes good sense for the right price.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I have no idea obviously about Bruno's mindset nor the advice he is getting....but looking at his development surely he must understand how positive an environment the Raptors org. has been for him as a player and an individual. It looks like he has scaled a hump this year ....and here's hoping both he and the Raps make a mutually agreeable decision.

Comment

• Might as well re-sign him. We're not gonna improve through free agency any time soon, and he'd still be relatively cheap asset moving forward.

Comment

• Just watching those highlights on the last page. Now, I know it's DLeague but that's the first time I've seen him look like a professional basketball player.... He's a 1000 times better than he was 2 years ago. Maybe more. Also, he looks huge out there. Is he 7 feet now?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Bruno is exactly the type of player that a team like the Nets would throw a large offer at.

They have no real assets and aren't going to attract free agents unless they overpay and/or can offer more playing time to fringe players that they hope can blossom.

Getting him locked up just makes good sense for the right price.
                There's a really big difference between the Allen Crabbe's and Tyler Johnson's of the league - two guys that the Nets threw big money at last summer - and Bruno. Crabbe & Johnson had averaged over 20 MPG the season before the Nets pitched their offer to them, and there was legitimate reason to think that they could develop even further if given more opportunity. Bruno on the other hand has yet to play a meaningful second of NBA basketball and has logged only 100 minutes over three years.

I don't think we need to worry about a team wooing Bruno away with a big offer and if we do... well then they can have him. I love his story and would love to keep him in the fold for the next few years but if you have to shell out anything more than slightly above a minimum salary for the guy than I'd let him walk. The D League season has made me slightly more optimistic that he's going to become a back end rotation player at some point but I think you'd be absolutely crazy to get into any type of bidding war over him.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                  There's a really big difference between the Allen Crabbe's and Tyler Johnson's of the league - two guys that the Nets threw big money at last summer - and Bruno. Crabbe & Johnson had averaged over 20 MPG the season before the Nets pitched their offer to them, and there was legitimate reason to think that they could develop even further if given more opportunity. Bruno on the other hand has yet to play a meaningful second of NBA basketball and has logged only 100 minutes over three years.

I don't think we need to worry about a team wooing Bruno away with a big offer and if we do... well then they can have him. I love his story and would love to keep him in the fold for the next few years but if you have to shell out anything more than slightly above a minimum salary for the guy than I'd let him walk. The D League season has made me slightly more optimistic that he's going to become a back end rotation player at some point but I think you'd be absolutely crazy to get into any type of bidding war over him.
                  And the Nets ended up with neither guy. They will continue to scour the league (and D-League) for guys who may jump at the possibility of good NBA minutes and have high potential. Considering the Nets really have no other way to improve their team, Bruno fits that mold.

If they throw a ton of money at him, then yeah, let him walk; but I don't think we can just assume that we can get him to sign a low ball long term extension like some seem to believe.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    And the Nets ended up with neither guy. They will continue to scour the league (and D-League) for guys who may jump at the possibility of good NBA minutes and have high potential. Considering the Nets really have no other way to improve their team, Bruno fits that mold.

If they throw a ton of money at him, then yeah, let him walk; but I don't think we can just assume that we can get him to sign a low ball long term extension like some seem to believe.
                    Low ball extension? Just what kind of leverage do you think he has?

The fact that he's three years into his NBA career, has not made a single contribution (literally zero) to the team in that time, and that we're still talking about his next contract is basically unheard of in pro basketball. I get that he's kind of a unique situation given how raw he was when he was drafted, but it's a little silly to think that Bruno is going to get to play hardball with us at the negotiating table.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                      Low ball extension? Just what kind of leverage do you think he has?

The fact that he's three years into his NBA career, has not made a single contribution (literally zero) to the team in that time, and that we're still talking about his next contract is basically unheard of in pro basketball. I get that he's kind of a unique situation given how raw he was when he was drafted, but it's a little silly to think that Bruno is going to get to play hardball with us at the negotiating table.
                      There were posts earlier about having no QO and still hoping to resign him on the cheap. I don't think the 3 years are really zero though, he developed and lead the D-League team and is incredibly young still. Considering his age and rawness when he was drafted, I don't think many teams would consider him as 3 years of nothing so far; it's 3 years of much needed development and opportunity.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        I think you absolutely extend him. Forget the risk if he doesn't pan out. There is oodles of potential and extending him asap would likely mean getting him relatively cheap and for term. Imagine Bruno as a backup 3/4 that can play D on multiple positions and shoot the 3, at less than $5M per in today's cap world. It's a no brainer for me, extend him this summer, get him as many minutes with the Raps next year as possible supplemented with runs in the 905...he may actually be a 10-15 minute player every 2nd or 3rd game when his extension kicks in and maybe even a reliable rotation piece the year after.
                        And to think he'd only be 24 at that time, 3 years away from his prime.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Bruno still shows flashes of his potential I think masai should sign him for a decent amount.

Comment

• I pretty much guarantee that Masai will extend Bruno for an extremely economical deal. That's been the plan all along.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              I pretty much guarantee that Masai will extend Bruno for an extremely economical deal. That's been the plan all along.
                              And then we unleash him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
                                Bruno still shows flashes of his potential I think masai should sign him for a decent amount.
                                Yeah everyone likes to throw him under the bus with unrealistic comps, but honestly if he can be a versatile defender and hit open jumpers that's a win. Ideally he evolves like Aminu did, in that he shows flashes of length and athleticism, signs a very reasonable contract, then puts it together to be a solid rotation player.

Comment

Working...
                                X