Page 195 of 196 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 3911

Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I think all he has to do is not extend the QO, then sign him to a min contract. I guess it’s creative in that not many teams/players have done it, but Bruno is of course a special case.
    I've actually been surprised, just looking at stats, shooting, and your descriptions, he seems to have taken a large leap in the G league this year, I'm just reserving my excitement because he looked HORRIBLE in training camp. But I do think we've come this far, let him get one more shot next September. Maybe miracles happen and he's 2019's Pascal Siakam. Stranger things..

Interestingly enough, nobody cares anymore, he's been given up on. This thread is basically dead other than you, even when Bruno has a monster game. Which is probably a good thing, because he was over hyped until it almost became a joke like people were half cheering/half mocking with the chants and stuff. It didn't seem to help his nerves at all. Maybe this new approach, the Bruno who's already been filed under "bust", maybe this will bring a new man into 2018-19. And if it doesn't, meh, not everything works, oh well.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

2. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps also have his full Bird Rights even if they don't offer the QO, so if they want they could offer like a 2M per above-minimum deal if it bought them some control or term. Lots of flexibility to bring him back if they want to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Raps also have his full Bird Rights even if they don't offer the QO, so if they want they could offer like a 2M per above-minimum deal if it bought them some control or term. Lots of flexibility to bring him back if they want to.
    Wonder why team dont just use bird rights on RFA they are going to max or near max anyway. Seems like an easy way to free cap space in a year they are signing their best player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Wonder why team dont just use bird rights on RFA they are going to max or near max anyway. Seems like an easy way to free cap space in a year they are signing their best player.
    Not sure I understand the question. The cap hold is the same whether you extend the QO or not, and teams use Bird Rights to re-sign guys whether they extend a QO or not, if they have them. The Raptors might not extend the QO because there is a risk Bruno or BeBe will just sign it, and it's a higher value than they are likely to want to give either player, especially with their tax situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I understand the question. The cap hold is the same whether you extend the QO or not, and teams use Bird Rights to re-sign guys whether they extend a QO or not, if they have them. The Raptors might not extend the QO because there is a risk Bruno or BeBe will just sign it, and it's a higher value than they are likely to want to give either player, especially with their tax situation.
    If you dont extend the QO doesnt the player cap hold come off the books. Then they can resign them with bird rights after signing any free agent. For high picks, the cap hold on them would be around 10M i think

Post Thanks / Like

Sixers are a good example with Simmons and Embid both presumably max players. Instead of extending early, dont offer a QO when their rookie deals expire then max out after signing free agents

Post Thanks / Like

If you dont extend the QO doesnt the player cap hold come off the books. Then they can resign them with bird rights after signing any free agent. For high picks, the cap hold on them would be around 10M i think
    No, the cap hold has to do with the player rights. To get the cap hold off the books, the Raptors would have to waive their Bird Rights. QO is an entirely different matter, only determines RFA status.

Post Thanks / Like

Sixers are a good example with Simmons and Embid both presumably max players. Instead of extending early, dont offer a QO when their rookie deals expire then max out after signing free agents
    The 76ers would have to be incredibly stupid to not extend those two and not give them a QO. They'd be UFA and could sign anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

The 76ers would have to be incredibly stupid to not extend those two and not give them a QO. They'd be UFA and could sign anywhere.
    Its the Kawhi extension , delaying the extension to maximize cap space

Post Thanks / Like

Its the Kawhi extension , delaying the extension to maximize cap space
    But they gave him a QO! They'd be insane not to! His cap hold was very much still on the books. It was just smaller than his contract.

12. Like SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But they gave him a QO! They'd be insane not to! His cap hold was very much still on the books. It was just smaller than his contract.
    Just wondering, bird rights, QO, Max QO, 1st pick. There are alot of variables esp for the Sixer and maybe Boston

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering, bird rights, QO, Max QO, 1st pick. There are alot of variables esp for the Sixer and maybe Boston
    It’s a really easy choice. If you want to keep a player, you either extend them ahead of time or offer them the QO and keep their Bird Rights. If you don’t do any of those things, it’s because you don’t want to keep that player.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Might as well keep the Bruno highlights coming

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/9wG5rEoLScg

I hate raptors scouting team, I donít see why they passed on better talent

Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post

I hate raptors scouting team, I donít see why they passed on better talent
    Meh ... It's a hit or miss league ... as some say. Other than Caboclo, I think we can all agree the scouting team has done a pretty awesome job. Yak, Siakam, Delon and Norm are all solid pieces, especially considering where in the draft they were picked. And not to mention VanVleet who has been great as a undrafted pickup.

Though I do remember wanting Anderson in the draft the most.

18. Like SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post

I hate raptors scouting team, I don’t see why they passed on better talent
    There's also the "Spurs effect". It's quite possible that Anderson doesn't look as good playing in any other system.

20. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    There's also the "Spurs effect". It's quite possible that Anderson doesn't look as good playing in any other system.
    Basically Popovich is a white Jesus who turns water into wine every single year.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

22. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Itís basiclly every player has habits, things that make them comfortable you break those the player gets confused. U ever play against that player that loves to drive and u make sure every time he gets the ball your TEAM makes sure there is no driving lane or come up against that player that can only hit spot up jumpers. The you make sure he has to dribble to get off his shot and shut him down for the night when no one in the gym could guard him.

Stop watching Bruno he is lowering you guys Basketball I.Q. He is that guy that walks into the gym with the nba body and canít do S with it and everyone thinks what a waste.

Anyone ever notice Bruno doesnít put h ball on the floor and drive straight to the rim trying to dunk on someone. Notice how JV only has 1 post move after 5 years. Itís because we draft players that donít have the skills we need then ignore their strengths and try and make centres 3 point shooters LOL.

We as a fan base ignore way too much and the media here in Toronto are too concerned with building relationships to say what needs to be said. MU said we are not going to be a middle of the road team and thatís exactly what he has built Bruno being a perfect example if he is on this team next year...

/end of rant

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

3rd in the East is not "middle of the road". Our whole bench is made up of young guys that Masai drafted.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we win a champship with this team? If not we are middling

Thread Information