Thread: Everything Bruno Caboclo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    He was pretty clearly jokin😄
    Sorry I'm quick with my Bruno trigger

Raptors Republic Starter slamdunk23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We better not pick up his option for next year. He has shown minimal progress over the past 2 years and looks like a lost cause.

At best let the 905 sign him and sit him on their bench.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Our franchise should be fined if we ever draft another Brazilian player.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
    We better not pick up his option for next year. He has shown minimal progress over the past 2 years and looks like a lost cause.

At best let the 905 sign him and sit him on their bench.
    Agreed. If Masai is serious about building towards a championship with the current foundation, he can't waste a roster spot on a lost cause like Bruno. Likable guy, but he's not an NBA player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sinbad wrote: View Post
    Agreed. If Masai is serious about building towards a championship with the current foundation, he can't waste a roster spot on a lost cause like Bruno. Likable guy, but he's not an NBA player.
    Part ways, I say. I would rather see Crawford and Van Vleet on the final 15. Smart players > long arms.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion has not changed. He's not an NBA player. I don't think he deserves to be in an NBA roster. No idea why he's still here. Waste of a roster spot.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

One game, guys. Yeesh. His option is going to be picked up.

8. Like Just Is, SkywalkerAC, Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I agree with the "One game" statement, word is he had a good offseason, but I am not convinced we pick up his option. I don't think he has any trade value and we have 2 more first round picks in next years draft. The roster is pretty full to warrant us keeping a player who has still yet to show the ability to become a rotational player.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I agree with the "One game" statement, word is he had a good offseason, but I am not convinced we pick up his option. I don't think he has any trade value and we have 2 more first round picks in next years draft. The roster is pretty full to warrant us keeping a player who has still yet to show the ability to become a rotational player.
    We'll pick up his option. We're over the cap anyway, worst case is you eat one year of salary if you really want to waive him later to clear a spot. But I'm sure a trade will be pursued that will clear some roster spots up anyway.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll pick up his option. We're over the cap anyway, worst case is you eat one year of salary if you really want to waive him later to clear a spot. But I'm sure a trade will be pursued that will clear some roster spots up anyway.
    In the realm of 1-game sample sizes, I think that if the first game is any indication, Van Vleet is very much worth keeping with the team, and Crawford did his cause a lot of good. And we haven't even seen Uthoff yet. I'm thinking that the Raptors are going to be sorely tempted to keep at least two of those three players, and the question then becomes one of which underperforming roster player to move. The one thing which may save Bruno from being that underperforming player to be moved if this happens is that Bebe has not exactly been playing like a standout himself, and has a lower ceiling overall.

12. Like RDV liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, it's too cheap not to continue the development project.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade him with someone who has an early 2nd round for the 2017 draft if possible.

I really thought this kid was gonna be better n that his main barrier was the language n being relatively new to the sport but he's just lost out there. No bball I or court awareness whatsoever.

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Yup, it's too cheap not to continue the development project.
    I guess, two things. First, it's not like you're replacing him with anyone who is going to move the needle. Every year this happens where people get obsessed with who is filling out the end of the bench but it is immaterial. None of these guys are ever going to play much, if at all, so, why change a plan to squeeze one of them into the roster? Two, Caboclo was a long term project from day one. It doesn't look like it will pan out but if you're going to make the pick then you have to give it every opportunity to succeed, otherwise if they were looking for short term results, they shouldn't have taken him at all. At some point you just consider it all a sunk cost but I don't think there is any pressure to do that with this kid at this point.

16. Like Just Is, Nilanka, Chefff, DanH liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy is a bust but the price to wait and see is definitely good so why not

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point you pick up Bruno's option because it makes sense to pick up Bruno's option.

Yes, Bruno had a terrible game Saturday. But Bruno is the 15th player on the roster. He matters to this team as much as James Michael McAdoo matters to Golden State. Your 15th player SHOULD be a project.

If you don't pick up Bruno's option, and he improves, you've lost out on an opportunity because salary cap rules severely limit your ability to compete for him. If you pick up Bruno's option and he doesn't materially improve this year, he can still be the final year of a project next year, or you can waive him next summer. It's not a huge loss either way but keeping him around makes more sense.

Bebe is far more worrisome because Bebe actually needs to contribute. Bruno just turned 21 a couple weeks ago; Bebe is already 24, he's just shy of entering his NBA prime, and he still hasn't hit many of the marks he needs to hit.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

BeBe is lost cause ... I have no hope for that guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote McRealistic wrote: View Post
    BeBe is lost cause ... I have no hope for that guy.
    Not sure what everyone saw on TV, but live he was pretty impressive with his shot-blocking.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone should do a poll:
    1. future starter
    2. future rotation guy
    3. a few meaningful NBA minutes
    4. washout

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    1. future starter
    2. future rotation guy
    4. washout
    Right now the only option is 4.

Bruno's bball IQ and court awareness are downright awful. I wanna say another Anthony Randolph but AR looked substantially better than what Bruno does now....hate to say it because had so much hope for him but he truly looks lost on the court.

New rules moving forward:

1. No drafting Brazilians
    2. Nobody with the initials BC is allowed anywhere near our team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    1. future starter
    2. future rotation guy
    4. washout
    The kid's 21, it would still be very surprising if he isn't in an NBA rotation at some point.

Page 152 of 181 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 ... LastLast

Thread Information