Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Rodney Hood and T Ross would a pretty.good bench wing duo for us...

Imagine Bruno on the spurs... would probably be averaging 8/6/5 by next year
    5 blocks? Bruno doesn't pass

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      5 blocks? Bruno doesn't pass
      Lol turnovers...
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Although I think the spurs would make him a $$$ passer
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Although I think the spurs would make him a $$$ passer
          I highly doubt that.

Comment

• Bruno was a reach.. just like Siakam was this year. Masai doesn't care about consensus or what mocks show. Bruno was still a good pick in my opinion. He's got the physical traits to be a good player. Bruno also seems like he has drive (but that's just based on what I've read about him).

Bruno is the 15th man in a league were you need to only really be 10-11 deep for the regular season and about 8 or 9 deep in the playoffs. If he's hurting our depth then you cut him.. but he's not.

Masai is patient to a fault. I suspect Bruno will have a second contract with the Raptors and it will be a really cheap one.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              I highly doubt that.
              Bet on it

Comment

Bet on it
                I'll bet the Spurs don't make Bruno a $$$ passer for a few reasons, but mainly because he doesn't play for the Spurs.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  I'll bet the Spurs don't make Bruno a $$$ passer for a few reasons, but mainly because he doesn't play for the Spurs.
                  Touche

Comment

• I can't remember when he said it, but I saw an interview with Masai Ujiri talking about Poeltl and the impact of having "sports" in your life starting from a young age. As we know, Poeltl grew up around sports because his parents are both athletes. Masai's assertion was that a lot of big guys are directed to play basketball because they're big and often times it's too late by then to teach them much. Whereas Poeltl was already playing sports from a young age and thus it helps in terms of instincts, mindset and things like that.

Bruno is an example of the other end of the spectrum. He looks like a guy who has been playing basketball since people noticed he was growing tall and had a, well, ridiculous wingspan. It is almost as if when he was asked to try basketball, he didn't even know what that was. He looks robotic on the court. There is no natural ability there at all. It is like his brain is processing the situation and then reacting based on what he has been taught, but there is a slight delay such that it looks unnatural. There is nothing he does on the court that wows you, it's more just "Okay, that shot is coming along now.." or "Great, finally, a rebound/made shot/etc". He has no court vision.

I know he is incredibly young and has made strides over the past couple of years. And he's also managed to put on some weight that his body frame definitely needs. I have been wrong before, but even with another couple years in the D-League, I can't see Bruno ever playing significant NBA minutes in his lifetime.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                      I can't remember when he said it, but I saw an interview with Masai Ujiri talking about Poeltl and the impact of having "sports" in your life starting from a young age. As we know, Poeltl grew up around sports because his parents are both athletes. Masai's assertion was that a lot of big guys are directed to play basketball because they're big and often times it's too late by then to teach them much. Whereas Poeltl was already playing sports from a young age and thus it helps in terms of instincts, mindset and things like that.

Bruno is an example of the other end of the spectrum. He looks like a guy who has been playing basketball since people noticed he was growing tall and had a, well, ridiculous wingspan. It is almost as if when he was asked to try basketball, he didn't even know what that was. He looks robotic on the court. There is no natural ability there at all. It is like his brain is processing the situation and then reacting based on what he has been taught, but there is a slight delay such that it looks unnatural. There is nothing he does on the court that wows you, it's more just "Okay, that shot is coming along now.." or "Great, finally, a rebound/made shot/etc". He has no court vision.

I know he is incredibly young and has made strides over the past couple of years. And he's also managed to put on some weight that his body frame definitely needs. I have been wrong before, but even with another couple years in the D-League, I can't see Bruno ever playing significant NBA minutes in his lifetime.
                      I guess he's a lifetime away from being a lifetime away #brunosgrandson2068
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I can't remember when he said it, but I saw an interview with Masai Ujiri talking about Poeltl and the impact of having "sports" in your life starting from a young age. As we know, Poeltl grew up around sports because his parents are both athletes. Masai's assertion was that a lot of big guys are directed to play basketball because they're big and often times it's too late by then to teach them much. Whereas Poeltl was already playing sports from a young age and thus it helps in terms of instincts, mindset and things like that.

He used to play volleyball before, and started playing basketball at age 12, it was indeed because someone noticed his freakish body, but it's not like certain guys who start at 17 and have to be taught. He started learning at age 12, albeit not at the high level he would've here or in the states.

I think he is trying to kind of think the game too much, as you alluded to, but I don't think our team is a great place for him to grow. Think about it, our entire system is based around guards using the majority of possessions hoisting up jumpers. Even in the summer league, all he's seen is Norm put his head down and bully his way inside. People get rewarded for this selfish play all the time, why would he do anything different??

Comment

He's made some pretty impressive blocks and a couple layups from behind the backboard. I can't even imagine coming from his situation to this one at age 18. His first year is write off. The time frame is the end of his contract so time will tell. It's not like Ingram killed summer league or bender or chriss. Delon is 24 with a lot more experience and still struggles.
                          I think we should temper expectations and just let the kid play a little more.

Comment

• He's in between years 2 and 3 of a 4 year project. If it doesn't work so be it. Brazilian kd and brazilian Greek freak were stupid. Everybody needs these damn comparisons. He's bruno 1.0. Everybody relax let's hope he can average an efficient 17 ppg with decent to good defense in the 905 this year
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Bruno was a reach.. just like Siakam was this year. Masai doesn't care about consensus or what mocks show. Bruno was still a good pick in my opinion. He's got the physical traits to be a good player. Bruno also seems like he has drive (but that's just based on what I've read about him).

Bruno is the 15th man in a league were you need to only really be 10-11 deep for the regular season and about 8 or 9 deep in the playoffs. If he's hurting our depth then you cut him.. but he's not.

Masai is patient to a fault. I suspect Bruno will have a second contract with the Raptors and it will be a really cheap one.
                              Even though Siakam was a reach, Bruno was even a bigger reach.

Siakam moved through the draft to the first round not only because he played in NCAA but also because of potential and the fact that his workouts were really really good. The workout proved to be the difference maker in Masai deciding to pick him.

Bruno on the other hand, did not play in the NCAA, has potential but did not work for anybody else cause the Raptors promised him they would select him. If Bruno would have worked out for teams, there is no way he would have been selected in the first round (despite what the so called rumors tell you). Bruno was raw as hell and compared to Siakam he is still raw and the window of potential is starting to close.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Even though Siakam was a reach, Bruno was even a bigger reach.

Siakam moved through the draft to the first round not only because he played in NCAA but also because of potential and the fact that his workouts were really really good. The workout proved to be the difference maker in Masai deciding to pick him.

Bruno on the other hand, did not play in the NCAA, has potential but did not work for anybody else cause the Raptors promised him they would select him. If Bruno would have worked out for teams, there is no way he would have been selected in the first round (despite what the so called rumors tell you). Bruno was raw as hell and compared to Siakam he is still raw and the window of potential is starting to close.
                                As soon as he turns 21 throw him on the scrapheap!
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X