Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    1. This is the perfect time to roll the dice in the back end of the draft. This team still has a long wait before its a contender even if everything goes right.

2. It's the #20 pick, what assets are you expecting? Cash? 2nd round draft picks? What's the point?
    1) I disagree. This was a play off team that could have used some depth at many of its positions. The back end of the draft has been proven to be quite important if you want to make a championship teams ( look at Spurs). This kid, based on the only person that knew him is 4 years away from being anything !!! by then, what is left from this current team. If we were OKC , then I would have agreed with you but this team, is not a team that can afford such a risk with such a pay offs so down the road.

2) yes, lower first round pick, plus 2round picks What is wrong with that ? Maybe we could have made a risk with those 2 rounds Asset is an asset when the name of the game is " Asset Accumulation"

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I bet other GM's were like "WTF?" and sent their minions to find as much info on this kid as they could. It's awesome that Masai was sneaking around scouting this kid and keeping info away from other teams. I have a good feeling about this.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
          If you guys think about it , this guy may be a better prospect than Andrew Wiggins. We know he's an athletic phenomenon like Wiggins, but he also has size (7'7 wingspan), something Wiggins doesn't have

Both of these two are extremely raw, but I'm hearing that Bruno is a really good shooter?

If Bruno played in NCAA, where would he have gone? Top 3?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Yeah and he could be performing the capoeira in subways for money cause he might be that sh*te at ball. Some of you guys are getting into this optimism phase a bit too fast lol. It reminds me of when the Jays hired John Gibbons after the splash they made. They went from the the "WTF phase" to the optimism phase faster than Speedy Gonzalez.
          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
            I bet other GM's were like "WTF?" and sent their minions to find as much info on this kid as they could. It's awesome that Masai was sneaking around scouting this kid and keeping info away from other teams. I have a good feeling about this.
            Jazz were supposedly hot on picking him at 24

Comment

keefec wrote: View Post
              You have to watch his tape before you can say that he could be better the #1 overall pick. Wiggins is a bit raw, but Caboclo is beyond raw. You'd probably compare his skill level to a high school sophomore's, so I will give him probably 2 years to get 15 minutes of playing time or so per game. His skill level is not sufficient enough to compete in Division I basketball imo.
              Depends how many resources they throw at this kid. I think the Raps made huge strides in player development and could have him playing meaningful minutes in a year. It's hard to put a timeline on a specific player, but Casey did mention he picks up things quickly and is a smart kid.

Comment

Depends how many resources they throw at this kid. I think the Raps made huge strides in player development and could have him playing meaningful minutes in a year. It's hard to put a timeline on a specific player, but Casey did mention he picks up things quickly and is a smart kid.
                Yeah, but definitely no expectation to have him contribute this year. Still though. Brazil is hardly the place you want him developing. And top teams in Europe are not more likely to play a raw prospect. Rather have him learning on the bench in Toronto than stuck on a bench in Europe if that's the choice.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, but definitely no expectation to have him contribute this year. Still though. Brazil is hardly the place you want him developing. And top teams in Europe are not more likely to play a raw prospect. Rather have him learning on the bench in Toronto than stuck on a bench in Europe if that's the choice.
                  Sounds like he will be with us this year. He may not play much but they will be working with him. Casey seemed excited about the chance to mould such a young, raw prospect.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                    1) I disagree. This was a play off team that could have used some depth at many of its positions. The back end of the draft has been proven to be quite important if you want to make a championship teams ( look at Spurs). This kid, based on the only person that knew him is 4 years away from being anything !!! by then, what is left from this current team. If we were OKC , then I would have agreed with you but this team, is not a team that can afford such a risk with such a pay offs so down the road.

2) yes, lower first round pick, plus 2round picks What is wrong with that ? Maybe we could have made a risk with those 2 rounds Asset is an asset when the name of the game is " Asset Accumulation"
                    1. The Spurs have Tim Duncan and Tony Parker leading the team. The Raptors are a team who made the playoffs due to circumstance. They're in a very weak conference.

There is a long term plan here and it doesn't appear to be fielding a team who can't make it out of the first round every year.

Contrary to what you're saying, most players drafted in the 20's are not players who are ready to contribute for a team in the playoffs.

2. What picks? And who were to taking at those spot? Thanks.

Comment

I just hope the fans don't give the kid too much pressure. I mean, when you look at Jonas, who's been tearing up international competitions even against USA with Anthony Davis and all is just starting to surface to be a contributor this season, Caboclo has way less basketball experience than that and I just hope that the fans and the organization will be patient enough to wait for him to develop.

Comment

I think everyone needs to settle down and accept that this guy is years away... Whatever he gives you this year is a bonus.

Comment

1. The Spurs have Tim Duncan and Tony Parker leading the team. The Raptors are a team who made the playoffs due to circumstance. They're in a very weak conference.

There is a long term plan here and it doesn't appear to be fielding a team who can't make it out of the first round every year.

Contrary to what you're saying, most players drafted in the 20's are not players who are ready to contribute for a team in the playoffs.

I agree, even if we find someone that can step in to contribute right away, the Raptors are still lacking in many areas to be a team that can compete for a championship, and like LeBron said, if you don't make it to the finals, making the playoffs is pretty much meaningless, the current Raptors roster is probably a second round team at best.

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's Jamshid...he has no clue what he's talking about, regardless of how close to right or wrong he is. In fact, I'm shocked his "insider sources" didn't tip him that this guy was on the Raptors board. You know, the ones that gave him such insider info that Kyle Lowry would likely sign for around 10-12 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X