Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casey really seems excited to get this guy. Look at his smile haha

Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Based on the footage, his listed "200 lbs." seems generous. Kid needs to seriously hit the weight room.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Based on the footage, his listed "200 lbs." seems generous. Kid needs to seriously hit the weight room.
        Get him to the Mandarin on Canada Day.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Definitely looking forward to summer league. Small forwards with 30km wingspans don't grow on trees.
          Bruno is a tree!

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            On paper, ignoring the out of nowhere aspect, this kid is a stud. 6'9, 7'7 wingspan, youngest player in the draft, willing defender, reasonably athletic, 3 point range. I mean what!?! That's better on paper than most of the lottery.
            In reality, if you just look at the physical tools that he brings, it seems as if he is exactly what we as a group were generally hoping the Raptors would get by selecting Inglis. Long, big body, hard working, defensive potential, decent to improving shot, and young...just with more upside?

Very exciting to see what he looks like in summer league. Also nice that the media is apparently able to watch his team workout tomorrow.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              On paper, ignoring the out of nowhere aspect, this kid is a stud. 6'9, 7'7 wingspan, youngest player in the draft, willing defender, reasonably athletic, 3 point range. I mean what!?! That's better on paper than most of the lottery.
              yeah makes me think of Elfrid Payton, Zach Lavine. They were impressive on paper and on scouting video but after doing workouts they jumped in mock drafts
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                If we ignore the parallels of a balls-of-steel GM picking a Brazilian player I had never heard of in their first draft (read: Babcock and Hoffa)...

Does this signal to anyone else that Lowry probably won't be resigning? We went super-young as opposed to win-now, which to me implies there will be more young moves being made and less win-now moves being made. It's rare that we see a team do both at the same time.
                Hoffa played for BYU, and was an honorable mention AP All-American. He was a known commodity. That's what made the pick so bad! This guy is a lot less known than Hoffa. I don't think he's ever played outside South America.

Does this signal that they think Lowry is coming back? I think it has to, especially when combined with the Heat drafting Napier. The only team that probably still makes sense is Dallas, and it sounds like they'll be busy courting Carmelo, etc., Is it a guarantee? No, but the likelihood has to be increasing.

Comment

Hahahaha I love the progression of posts on here, it was like a 5 steps of acceptance thing.

1) WHO???
                  2) WTF, here we go again! Masia = BC
                  3) Maybe it's part of a deal to get Ennis....and we still have the 2nd round picks
                  4) Well, I guess this is it.......
                  5) This Brazilian kid is really good....lots of GMs wanted him....he's gonna be better than Andrew Wiggins!

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    Hahahaha I love the progression of posts on here, it was like a 5 steps of acceptance thing.

1) WHO???
                    3) Maybe it's part of a deal to get Ennis....and we still have the 2nd round picks
                    5) This Brazilian kid is really good....lots of GMs wanted him....he's gonna be better than Andrew Wiggins!
                    Nailed it.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

1) WHO???
                      Well said. You couldn't be more right.

Comment

• There is going to be pressure on this kid unfortunately despite him being selected at 20. 20th picks don't pan out most of the time.. but because he was not an any 'experts' radar, I think people will be ready to watch this guy fail. If Bruno is a bust than everyone will say - told ya so! MU you are an idiot! You could have gotten a rotational piece!

If Bruno is a success (and that's a big if considering nobody knows anything about him) than egg on everyone's face, but I think people will live with that (look at what JV did). People love tearing down things they don't understand.. for some reason that's human nature.

From Bruno's perspective.. good for him. Grew up poor.. only played game for a few years and is already in the NBA at only 18 years of age. That's a pretty cool story.

And this kid is still going to be growing.. Imagine that 6'9 length turning into 6'11 or 7'0? Or his wing span goes from 7'7 to 7'9? The fact that he can shoot is insane too. We might not have a KD but we could have drafted a gem here.

I'm happy about the pick.. still upset we didn't get a PG though. Free agency is going to be a nail biter. Still think Lowry is 60/40 a Raptor. Not confident with that ratio.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I'm happy about the pick.. still upset we didn't get a PG though. Free agency is going to be a nail biter. Still think Lowry is 60/40 a Raptor. Not confident with that ratio.
                          Although nothing materialized last night, I still think the door is open to acquire Ennis or Bledsoe.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Although nothing materialized last night, I still think the door is open to acquire Ennis or Bledsoe.
                            agree. have a feeling phoenix are trying to milk MU for a Ross or DD or something and he's not having it. If nothing else, throw a deal at Bledsoe that'll make 'em cringe.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              I've been saying for a while that with the 20th pick we don't need another guy that's going to sit at the end of the bench, we need to take a shot on a guy that is a project and maybe a gamble, but has some elite athletecism or ability. I was using Lavine as an example, but if this Caboclo kid is that elite athelete that I'm hearing then I support this pick. No point going with another mediocre talent this late in the draft.

I'm excited to see if he turns out to be something special or if this is anothe Alabi situation. Not so much the latter.
                              Exactly, besides capoclo, the rest of the guys would become decent role players for playoff teams, but the raptors are stacked with them already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                agree. have a feeling phoenix are trying to milk MU for a Ross or DD or something and he's not having it. If nothing else, throw a deal at Bledsoe that'll make 'em cringe.
                                I think we can perhaps see a bledsoe/ennis for derozan/vasquez swap. Especially if lowry walks or leaves. This is extremely premature and is based on nothing of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X