Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    LOL

Lewenberg is the Mike Wilner of the Raptors.
    Well, I agree with him in this case. Impressive 4th Q from Bruno last night. Very active. Yes, even with him missing shots.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Well, I agree with him in this case. Impressive 4th Q from Bruno last night. Very active. Yes, even with him missing shots.
      Honestly as long as he can improve defensively and can shoot the 3 ball at a decent rate, he'll be a valuable piece off the bench.

Comment

• https://theathletic.com/22800/2016/1...rious-project/

“I think it was decision making. Knowing when to shoot, knowing when to pass, what’s a good shot, what’s a bad shot (are still works in progress). It’s a little bit mechanical. Working with (Jerry Stackhouse, Raptors 905 coach) a lot, he’s got certain things from him — keep the elbow in, follow through every time. There are inconsistencies in his shot every time. It’s just not the same shot every time. When he does have the consistency of shooting the same way every time, you see much better results.”
        “His defensive ability is better at (power forward than on the wing), we feel,” Mahlalela said. “Those long arms that everyone spoke about when he was drafted, they actually play a role when he’s in pick-and-roll coverage as the (power forward). He’s got active arms. He can get deflections, which is big. It just puts him in a space where he can space out the floor, and other (power forwards) can’t contest his three as much.”
        Dream of Bruno as SF prospect is over. Raptors want him to be PF now.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          https://theathletic.com/22800/2016/1...rious-project/

Dream of Bruno as SF prospect is over. Raptors want him to be PF now.
          Sad day. Really wanted him as a 3.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            Sad day. Really wanted him as a 3.
            I just really want him as an nba player, however it happens.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I just really want him as an nba player, however it happens.
              +1

I have very little faith that he does but PF will be the only way really. As mentioned he doesn't have the lateral quickness but I could see him actually stepping into PATTERSON'S role well enough.

If he can put on some mass, he doesn't have to be a tank like a C because he has Bismack's exact measurements which is more than enough especially with his quickness for a PF, it suddenly makes his speed a non issue.

The interesting part is during the off season it was known that Masai had a conversation with Coach Cal about the league positionless. Where that comes into play is our selection of Siakam. With building the future in mind I think Masai's idea is to use Siakam defensively like a SF given his quickness and ability to run the court. Then offensively Bruno will be used to space and Siakam rebound or PnR and dive to the basketball.

The thing is the biggest issue with Bruno isn't size, speed etc it's bball IQ and court awareness.

Comment

• OMG this still?

This kid isn't even good enough to play on a D2 team, and were still waiting for him to excel as an NBA star....hahahaha failed gamble

Comment

• I'll be shocked if he's still on the roster at the beginning of next season. It's time to move on. Hopefully Bruno gets it one day, but it probably won't be here.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                    I'll be shocked if he's still on the roster at the beginning of next season. It's time to move on. Hopefully Bruno gets it one day, but it probably won't be here.
                    Prepare to be shocked.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• He's still going to be a tweener-forward, but stretch 4 makes the most sense right now - gotta settle him down to where he doesn't feel inclined to put the ball on the floor against quicker defenders.

He's simply (too?) gigantic for the 3 spot. Either way, I'm still confident he makes it.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks that Masai is going to gamble on a long-term project like Bruno and then bail on him after 2 years when he's still only 21 years old isn't paying attention. At minimum, he's here until he becomes an RFA in summer 2018.

Comment

• What a waste of a roster spot. He's become the Raptors Kawasaki. The team's unofficial team's mascot.

Hey at least Kawasaki can play. Bruno on the other hand.........
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            What a waste of a roster spot. He's become the Raptors Kawasaki. The team's unofficial team's mascot.

Hey at least Kawasaki can play. Bruno on the other hand.........
                            The "waste of a roster spot" is the most tired argument. Like, that 15th slot could have someone of immense value if it wasn't for that darn Bruno?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              The "waste of a roster spot" is the most tired argument. Like, that 15th slot could have someone of immense value if it wasn't for that darn Bruno?
                              We could have Van Vleet AND Crawford! Plan the parade...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                We could have Van Vleet AND Crawford! Plan the parade...
                                Lol, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X