Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
    For sure, that is very true.

I wonder if Masai/TL want to go after Ariza, moving Ross to first wing off the bench, and then have Bruno as the other wing.

I'd be very happy, if we could sign Okafor and Ariza. Takes care of the Backup C problem, the Starting SF Problem also. Resign Lowry, and Vasquez, I'd be happy with:

Lowry/Vasquez
    Ariza/Ross/Fields
    DeRozan/Bruno/Novak
    Amir/PPat/Hayes
    JV/Okafor

Do we even have the money for something like that? Wouldn't mind Vince coming back if we can somehow afford him too.

EDIT: Was actually thinking, if we sign De Colo, that would work too. Vasquez likes to play part SG anyways, and Casey likes his 2PG Lineups, which did decently well last season.
    I don't want to give Ariza a long term deal. Two years max. Not really a fan of his.

Okafor I'm definitely on board for as long as the price is right. Mentoring Jonas on defence would be huge.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Well he grew up in a poor family and now he's thrown into the spotlight. Who wouldn't be shy?
      Poor people are shy? I don't get it.

I don't think that's why. I think some people are just shy.

If anything I think it has more to do with him being 18 years old and dealing with a language barrier and culture shock for the first time.
      Last edited by Machine; Sat Jun 28, 2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• if Bruno was going to play zero minutes/strictly garbage time they wouldn't have bought him out this year

not saying he starts or is even the first wing off the bench but i have a feeling he'll play more than people think
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• He can take some of Salmons minutes (rest go to Ross and maybe Fields) and maybe he can take whatever minutes Novak usually would have, if he has a good three point stroke.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Comment

• rapba wrote: View Post
              oooo I like this

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                if Bruno was going to play zero minutes/strictly garbage time they wouldn't have bought him out this year

not saying he starts or is even the first wing off the bench but i have a feeling he'll play more than people think
                Exactly.

Aside from the daunting task of keeping him a secret for another year and draft, they brought him here to learn the game. NBA coaches and training staff design implement and instill elite regiments while exposing him to men he'll compete with and against.

Comment

• In the interview I think Bruno said he didn't have cable tv until he was 17 dang, he also said he did not watch many nba games.

Comment

• When the odds for Rookie of the Year come out, I'm guessing that Bruno's odds will be something crazy like 500-1.

But it sure would be fun to put down $5 on those odds haha
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• working out with guys like DD and Amir who're absolute gym rats will only make him better

hopefully they bring someone in to teach him defense though
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• My realistic expectations for Bruno would be like 8 ppg, 3 rbs, 2 asts, 42 fg%, 32 3fg%, 75 ft% on maybe 15-25 mpg.

I don't see him being selected into the all star rookie/sophomore game or being chosen as all rookie team.

Comment

• With him saying his family isn't coming to stay, I wonder if he can't get some of his buddies to come up and help him acclimate. I mean it sounded like he plays NBA 2k but without an entourage to keep grounded and keep from feeling homesick it could be alienating in his downtime.

Comment

• word is he's on his way to work out in LA with DD/Ross/Amir. they'll take him under their wing.

if only Acy was around to see it
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              Poor people are shy? I don't get it.

I don't think that's why. I think some people are just shy.

If anything I think it has more to do with him being 18 years old and dealing with a language barrier and culture shock for the first time.
                              I think NPN meant everyone would be shy with such a big culture shock of going from a poor Brazilian kid to being this big.

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                                My realistic expectations for Bruno would be like 8 ppg, 3 rbs, 2 asts, 42 fg%, 32 3fg%, 75 ft% on maybe 15-25 mpg.

I don't see him being selected into the all star rookie/sophomore game or being chosen as all rookie team.
                                I'm still waiting for the day someone explains to me how all you people come up with these very specific, detailed numbers. What a load of crap man.

Comment

Working...
                                X