No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might sound crazy but I would legitimately consider developing Bruno to be a 4/5.

Bruno has shown he can rebound and block shots....he also seems to have put on a decent amount of mass since his rookie season. If we can keep adding some more MUSCLE mass (not JV fat/bulk lol) he may not be a bad option. Rumour is that Bruno is now 6'10 and with a ridiculous 7'7 wingspan that standing reach is more than on par with majority of Cs. He actually looks to be a similar length overall to Towns. He's still only 21 so there's plenty of time to help him gain some good lean mass as he is still so far from being at a physical peak. In theory at least, the idea of good speed and length like OG and Bruno at the 4/5 positions sound intriguing to me.

^^Isaac is quicker than Bruno.

Comment

• yeah I dont think Bruno is fast enough with the ball to play 3 either.
      I think 4 suits him the best

Comment

• Should Siakam play 4 or 5?

Will we ever see OG, Siakam and Bruno on the court at the same time?

Comment

• Bruno is not quick with the ball but defensively shuffling his feet id say he looks comparable to issac. he looks about 30lbs heavier than issac. he must be 235lbs+ now. i think hes a good perimeter defender. on offense, im not sure he lacks speed so much as a first step and the main thing is he just doesnt know wtf he is doing and sometimes manages to get an awkward bucket due to sheer length. i will take it tho!

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
            Should Siakam play 4 or 5?

if you look at his IG, hes really working on his 3. im not crazy about his form/release but it goes in! im leaning 4 but hes got a way to go in development.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
              Should Siakam play 4 or 5?

I think Siakam will become the "Amir" or "Patterson" of the future, meaning back up 4.

He's an energy player and like Amir, he's going to try and add a jumper to his arsenal.

I don't think there is enough ballhandling skills between the 3 that we should ever really see them all playing together at the same time but I do think there will be place to have EITHER Pascal/OG or Pascal/Bruno on court at times. Again I really think given Bruno's skillset, length and what seems to be his ability to add mass that we should look to develop him into a modern 5 because I think that's the way the league is going and Bruno has shown the ability to rebound and block shots. Might seem crazy because the original (outlandish) comparison people made was to a top SF. But his physical attributes and the way the league is going seem primed imo to develop Bruno as a 4/5.

Comment

• i agree re bruno james. amir and pat developed high IQs. im not sure siakam will get there but hes young

Comment

• Bruno and Siakam look like they play well on the floor together.

Comment

• Yea I'm kind of getting excited about Bruno a bit. I think it's time for us to give him actual NBA minutes. The D League can only go so far in his development.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Yea I'm kind of getting excited about Bruno a bit. I think it's time for us to give him actual NBA minutes. The D League can only go so far in his development.
                      Agreed. I wanna see Tucker and Bruno at regular minutes in 2017-2018 season

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        Yea I'm kind of getting excited about Bruno a bit. I think it's time for us to give him actual NBA minutes. The D League can only go so far in his development.
                        I think Bruno is going to see "Delon & Poeltl 1st year" type of minutes this season.

Hate to say but I also think as much as Masai and the rest of management want to see him succeed they also don't want to have to start paying for it either. I think we'll see him enter more in garbage time or when players rest at end of season. He'll have some headscratching bad nights and others some flashes of hope.

Personally I don't see him getting any real burn until the 1st year of his new contract. Then my guess is he will get "Norm" type of minutes and if he looks any good he can work his way to take "Patterson's spot" in the rotation.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          I think Bruno is going to see "Delon & Poeltl 1st year" type of minutes this season.

Hate to say but I also think as much as Masai and the rest of management want to see him succeed they also don't want to have to start paying for it either. I think we'll see him enter more in garbage time or when players rest at end of season. He'll have some headscratching bad nights and others some flashes of hope.

Personally I don't see him getting any real burn until the 1st year of his new contract. Then my guess is he will get "Norm" type of minutes and if he looks any good he can work his way to take "Patterson's spot" in the rotation.
                          Agreed. He will definitely have a few really bad nights but I can live with that. He needs to get minutes to get better. I'm hoping he gets more than garbage minutes this season but that's probably wishful thinking.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post

That's a solid plan.

I'd like to see Bruno play vs teams like the magic. Especially if Issac is on the court. We don't need to run our vets into the ground and our youth can contribute.

Comment

• At the very least, Bruno will be entertaining

Comment

• I guess Bruno has hit his two summer league max? Would have been nice to see him out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X