• Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I'd say he needs about 4 years
    Until what?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Until what?
      Until he is an NBA level basketball player.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        I'd say he needs about 4 years
        4 years? You're being really nice.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          4 years? You're being really nice.
          Why? Once he starts sticking his threes, getting his rotations down and understanding how to let his freakish length guard almost any SG/SF/PF, he's a rotation player.

Next year.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Why? Once he starts sticking his threes, getting his rotations down and understanding how to let his freakish length guard almost any SG/SF/PF, he's a rotation player.

Next year.
            I don't see an NBA player there.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I also think Bruno can/should be a rotation player next season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                The talent is there, but the skills are not. The basketball IQ is even further off. Hope he enjoyed playing Minnesota because he'll see more teams like that in the D-League. He's got a real opportunity to be good, but needs heavy minutes in D-League to get caught up.
                generally i agree with your sentiment, but what do you mean by "the skills are not"? He has shown a lot more skills than I would have expected given the circumstances around us drafting him.

Seems to me like somehow he's gone from clueless to "looks like a fairly inexperienced prospect" in 1 year. I'd say thats a pretty damn good improvement, honestly, considering how useless his D-league time was.

Comment

• yeah I get a little confused myself when discussing players. What do we mean when classifying certain guys

I mean I sort of take a holistic approach to a player

I look at size.

Does the player have prototypical size for a position?

I think it is fair to say that Bruno has excellent size for a wing player.

Does the player have strength at the position?

Not yet. But his frame can certainly support it. Needs improvement there.

What are the intangibles?

I think you could argue work ethic here

Is the player naturally good at anything?

Shooting, specifically the 3 pt shot.

Where is the player at in terms of BBIQ?

As I recently read somewhere around here. He is reactive still and not proactive. But as a long term project that is expected.
                  Experience is the greatest teacher when it comes to IQ. You really need to get your ass kicked over and over again until you develop a real distaste for losing.

What level is the person's motor at?

He doesn't take plays off, is active. Seems to have an above average motor and wants to succeed, but I wouldn't say a high level motor is an asset that he possesses

Character?

Is the person a good dude to have around? By all accounts he is. This is important because if I'm building a team I have a strict no shit heads rule (regardless of talent, but that's my own personal point of view and I acknowledge it has flaws)
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    generally i agree with your sentiment, but what do you mean by "the skills are not"? He has shown a lot more skills than I would have expected given the circumstances around us drafting him.

Seems to me like somehow he's gone from clueless to "looks like a fairly inexperienced prospect" in 1 year. I'd say thats a pretty damn good improvement, honestly, considering how useless his D-league time was.
                    I agree 100%. The thing that encourages me more even is that he has improved this much with no real experience. For some reason I feel like he could be an X-factor come playoffs. Try not to over-react to that, im not saying that he will log 20+ minutes and score 15 points a game. We saw it last year with otto porter and Paul Pierce at the 4, Washington had some guys step up in ways we never answered. I think Bruno could be a guy coming off the bench that opposing teams have trouble answering. They won't have him scouted well and he will likely improve exponentially with more experience in the d-league. We see how he blocks peoples shots simply because they don't know who the guy is. This is an added bonus to letting him developed in the d league. If he plays even just <10 min per game in the NBA for most of the year teams will have an idea of how he plays and while he will get better, he will benefit just as much, if not more in the d league. Also, when it comes playoffs and games matter, teams won't be prepared for him at all.

Comment

• Everything Bruno Caboclo

We have a log jam at the 3 position. James Johnson, Patterson and t Ross should be traded. I can live with mistakes from Bruno and Powell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        We have a log jam at the 3 position. James Johnson, Patterson and t Ross should be traded. I can live with mistakes from Bruno and Powell.

Some people would call this "depth". It's not a bad thing.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                          Some people would call this "depth". It's not a bad thing.
                          I would call it a waste

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

So in trading the starting PF, a backup SF, and the backup SG, what positions are coming back in order to clear up this SF 'log jam'? I guess only PG's and C's?
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              So in trading the starting PF, a backup SF, and the backup SG, what positions are coming back in order to clear up this SF 'log jam'? I guess only PG's and C's?
                              PF

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Next year.
                                so once he learns to shoot and learns how to think he can be a rotation player.........wow......

Comment

Working...
                                X