Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    generally i agree with your sentiment, but what do you mean by "the skills are not"? He has shown a lot more skills than I would have expected given the circumstances around us drafting him.

Seems to me like somehow he's gone from clueless to "looks like a fairly inexperienced prospect" in 1 year. I'd say thats a pretty damn good improvement, honestly, considering how useless his D-league time was.
    By skills, what I meant was the things that take him from being a talented guy to an NBA player. Rotational awareness, how to use a screen or set one for that matter, positioning in a pick n' pop/roll play, boxing out etc., etc...

He's so far just hung out on the perimeter waiting for the kick out for an open shot because shooting is the only talent or skill he seems to have at the moment. I hope he gets a lot of minutes in the D-League because the basic talent is impressive.

Comment

• Bruno is probably 2 contacts away from being a impact player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Bruno is probably 2 contacts away from being a impact player.

I think he could be a solid 3 and D player by the end of his rookie deal

If he stays in the NBA he may not peak until 28/29 (complete speculation on my part)
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          I think he could be a solid 3 and D player by the end of his rookie deal

If he stays in the NBA he may not peak until 28/29 (complete speculation on my part)
          His D is pretty bad it's his length that saves him. That's why it don't look so bad. I don't think he can see passed the player In front of him. He bites a lot on fakes.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            His D is pretty bad it's his length that saves him. That's why it don't look so bad. I don't think he can see passed the player In front of him. He bites a lot on fakes.
            Which usually improves with experience. As he learns, he'll realize he can contest with his length and doesn't need to bite on those fakes.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Which usually improves with experience. As he learns, he'll realize he can contest with his length and doesn't need to bite on those fakes.
              God I wish he would be tayshawn prince on crack if he could play D

Comment

• Bruno with the block and assist to Delon:

Solid on defence tonight and made great plays all around, shaping up to be a real NBA player
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Remember when people doubted this kid as a prospect, it was like 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Showing he has some playmaking ability some very good passes

Comment

• Needs to get more consistent with his three pointer, and not dribble into trouble, but otherwise he's looked so much better than last season. A year of D-League seasoning will do wonders for him.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Oh, and that block and bounce outlet pass play? Wowzers.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It's kind of astonishing how people(fans) can be so impatient these days. We have a team that's been close to the top of the conference for the last two years, so they can be patient with a guy that was drafted 20. Whether he pans out or not, I don't know, but to have written him off before/during/after his rookie season - gimme a break.

Not every regular season game, OR PRE-SEASON game, is going to make Bruno's career. The guy is gonna have a lot of opportunity to get playing minutes in the D League this year, against players that are playing the American style game, something he cannot be fully accustomed to at this point.

Just have some perspective on what you expect out of the kid and how soon you expect it.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            It's kind of astonishing how people(fans) can be so impatient these days. We have a team that's been close to the top of the conference for the last two years, so they can be patient with a guy that was drafted 20. Whether he pans out or not, I don't know, but to have written him off before/during/after his rookie season - gimme a break.

Not every regular season game, OR PRE-SEASON game, is going to make Bruno's career. The guy is gonna have a lot of opportunity to get playing minutes in the D League this year, against players that are playing the American style game, something he cannot be fully accustomed to at this point.

Just have some perspective on what you expect out of the kid and how soon you expect it.
                            in this brunos' main fault is he is brazillian. if he was canadian he would be getting the benefit of every doubt

Comment

• He still needs to improve on everything, but I've been really impressed with his defense, he is starting to get the hang of defending and using his length without fouling.

Comment

• Primary backup SF by next season

Comment

Working...
                                X