No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno can definitely play the 3 and the 4, and is probably better suited to the 4 long term. The guy is 7 feet tall after all. We're hunting all over the place for a stretch 4 and we already have one on the roster.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Bruno can definitely play the 3 and the 4, and is probably better suited to the 4 long term. The guy is 7 feet tall after all. We're hunting all over the place for a stretch 4 and we already have one on the roster.
      Yes, for a couple of years from now. Maybe. Hopefully. Not for next year. For as much improved as he is, if the missing piece for the Raps is a quality PF, you can't bank on him. They need a guy they can count on to be productive game after game.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        Bruno is taller AND longer than magloire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Magloire is 6'11'' so Bruno must still be growing. If the young man adds some mass he'll be ready. Next year Bruno needs to get a shot at the rotation from day one.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Magloire is 6'11'' so Bruno must still be growing. If the young man adds some mass he'll be ready. Next year Bruno needs to get a shot at the rotation from day one.
          Always hard to know with measurements. You see some very obviously wrong heights listed from time to time.

Comment

• I bet Bruno will get a shot during the Summer to play for Brazil.... and then SL and preseason.... as his tests to crack the rotation. For all we know... he could be our starting 4, with us playing him in Scola's old role while Patt comes off the bench.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Always hard to know with measurements. You see some very obviously wrong heights listed from time to time.
              Well he's right there with Bebe as well.

Comment

• Ar what point will you guys worry less about Bruno's wing span, and more about the fact that at this point, most of you have played against better HS players.

He's not a good basketballer. He doesn't have great skills, and he isn't all that bright.

Hell i hope he explodes with all this stuff, he's on my fav team, but wow, I cannot even conceive of placing as much attention on him as he gets here.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Well he's right there with Bebe as well.
                  I meant about Magloire. I don't know if he's a true 6'11''.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Ar what point will you guys worry less about Bruno's wing span, and more about the fact that at this point, most of you have played against better HS players.

He's not a good basketballer. He doesn't have great skills, and he isn't all that bright.

Hell i hope he explodes with all this stuff, he's on my fav team, but wow, I cannot even conceive of placing as much attention on him as he gets here.
                    Watching D League is kind of painful, so I get if you haven't watched his progress, but Bruno has transformed from a random athlete who had zero bball IQ, to a respectable minor league level basketball player. That's a pretty exciting step in a single season.

For me, seeing him consistently run plays, play within himself, and make selfless passes has changed my tune from "trade him now" to "let's see how he looks next season."

I think it's okay to have measured hope for him to eventually become a solid utility player.

Comment

Ar what point will you guys worry less about Bruno's wing span, and more about the fact that at this point, most of you have played against better HS players.

Tell us more about how JV is a stiff! I like the old numbers more than this new stuff. The classics.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ouch.

Sorry to burst your tounge and cheek comment but Bruno would dominate any HS player in Canada. The D league isn't exactly a joke, top players on each squad could easily find a starting roster spot on most top Euroleague teams.

Give Bruno a bit more time, he is a big project. By next season he should be able to put on more muscle, increase his bbiq and polish some of his skills and defence.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Watching D League is kind of painful, so I get if you haven't watched his progress, but Bruno has transformed from a random athlete who had zero bball IQ, to a respectable minor league level basketball player. That's a pretty exciting step in a single season.

For me, seeing him consistently run plays, play within himself, and make selfless passes has changed my tune from "trade him now" to "let's see how he looks next season."

I think it's okay to have measured hope for him to eventually become a solid utility player.
                          although i doubt we could trade him for anything valuable i agree with most. he has developed well this year. from the beginning of the year where damn near every time he touched the ball it went up. to now when he does read the defense, he does gain position for rebounds, he does make an extra pass, he does stay in front of his man, he does come from the weak side to get blocks, he does dribble attack at the basket. all actual basketball skills. this summer is big for him. he said he is working on strength and we will see how he looks when he gets back in the fall. i doubt he gets minutes with the big guys again next year and am fine with that, he is a very intriguing prospect and if he can follow the same learning curve is clearly an nba caliber player.
                          Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Apr 7, 2016, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• How quickly people forget that Bruno is "2 years from 2 years away" and he is in his second year.

Comment

^ This!

I said this last year about him: "Watching Bruno play is like watching a 10 year old kid play basketball play for the first time"

One year later and I still feel the same way.

He's got long arms, that's it. He doesn't have great skills and isn't very smart. The guy plays like an idiot against NBA players.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                ^ This!

I said this last year about him: "Watching Bruno play is like watching a 10 year old kid play basketball play for the first time"

One year later and I still feel the same way.

He's got long arms, that's it. He doesn't have great skills and isn't very smart. The guy plays like an idiot against NBA players.
                                Bold#1: He's got REALLY long arms, actually. He's also got really broad shoulders. His body type is ideal for a basketball player.

Bold#2: He's already shown that he has great shooting mechanics. Especially for a guy who's nearly 7 feet tall. As for his other skills, he's shown huge developments in all areas (handle, passing, footwork) over the last year. And considering he just started playing basketball 4 years ago (!), I think that's pretty fucking good.

Bold #3: This is based on what?

Bold #4: The guy plays like a 19/20 year old would against NBA players. Do you not realize it takes a while to get used to the pace of the NBA? Also, this is based on a total of 31 NBA minutes played? In the D-League, where he is supposed to be playing, he is averaging 15pts, 6.5rebs, and almost 2 blocks. Jesus christ man.

Bruno was drafted as a long term project, and has basically done nothing to show that he is not developing as expected. He's 20 years old, has the body of a god, and has already developed a jump-shot that most guys his height can only dream about. How the fuck you talk about trading this guy blows my mind. For a franchise that has been shit for so many years, we really have absolutely no patience for a draft pick that has the luxury of developing the way a draft pick should.

Comment

Working...
                                X