Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I don't see why he couldn't be playing 15-20 mins. We know he can just stand outside the 3pt line and shoot - that's enough justification for him to be out there on offence. His defence is obviously bad, but's he also long enough to negate a lot of mistakes, and not get bullied on post-ups.
    Nah, he'll definitely get bullied on post-ups. He's way too weak still. But he is just a kid. Gotta figure they have him in the weight room as much as possible.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      There are teams that have their own DLeague team are doing pretty good developing players.

Houston is the best example I have. Guys like Patrick Beverly, Terrence Jones, D-Mo have all spent significant amounts of time in the D with lots of recalls as well. This year they are sending Capela and Canaan down a lot and those guys are developing - Capela especially although this opinion is just based on progression of D-League game logs.

San Antonio do the same.

Lakers had been sending Clarkson down a lot this year and now that the tank is on he is starting.

Phoenix has sent Warren, Goodwin, and Ennis down a lot.

The key thing with all those teams is they have dedicated DLeague franchises. The Mad Ants is useless beyond. Upstate NY or Michigan makes so much sense. Hopefully the investment is made. For an ownership group that so often bemoaned an inability to attract marquee free agents to Canada, why not grow your own players?
      I'm still hoping the earlier stories about negotiations with Rochester's PBL team (I think it was PBL) were legit and that by next season that is our own D-League affiliate.

Comment

There are teams that have their own DLeague team are doing pretty good developing players.

Houston is the best example I have. Guys like Patrick Beverly, Terrence Jones, D-Mo have all spent significant amounts of time in the D with lots of recalls as well. This year they are sending Capela and Canaan down a lot and those guys are developing - Capela especially although this opinion is just based on progression of D-League game logs.

San Antonio do the same.

Lakers had been sending Clarkson down a lot this year and now that the tank is on he is starting.

Phoenix has sent Warren, Goodwin, and Ennis down a lot.

The key thing with all those teams is they have dedicated DLeague franchises. The Mad Ants is useless beyond. Upstate NY or Michigan makes so much sense. Hopefully the investment is made. For an ownership group that so often bemoaned an inability to attract marquee free agents to Canada, why not grow your own players?
        Why have the Raps been switching D-League teams every one or two years? tbh I don't give it much thought until I get worked up about the college system, which still has a holy aura within basketball because of the tradition, the coaches, and the schools, but has evolved (devolved?) into something nobody would accept if it were starting up from scratch today.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Why have the Raps been switching D-League teams every one or two years? tbh I don't give it much thought until I get worked up about the college system, which still has a holy aura within basketball because of the tradition, the coaches, and the schools, but has evolved (devolved?) into something nobody would accept if it were starting up from scratch today.
          17 NBA teams have a DLeague team.

The 13 that don't use the the Mad Ants.

Why have the Raptors bounced about with DLeague affiliate? My guess is the DLeague teams have attached themselves to one franchise and the Raptors have had to move on.

A few years ago it was Erie but now they are with the Magic.
          Then it was Bakersfield but now they are with the Suns.

A little more information:

NEW YORK, September 15, 2014 – The National Basketball Association and the NBA Development League, the official minor league of the NBA, announced the full list of affiliations between NBA and NBA D-League teams for the 2014-15 season, including an all-time high 17 single-affiliation partnerships. The Detroit Pistons (Grand Rapids Drive), Memphis Grizzlies (Iowa Energy), New York Knicks (Westchester Knicks), Orlando Magic (Erie BayHawks), Phoenix Suns (Bakersfield Jam) and Utah Jazz (Idaho Stampede) all entered into single affiliation relationships with their NBA D-League affiliate during the offseason. Additionally, the NBA D-League has implemented a new flexible assignment system which will enable the 13 independent NBA teams to continue to assign players to the NBA D-League for development or rehabilitation.

For the 10th consecutive season, each singly-affiliated NBA team will have one NBA D-League team to which it may assign its players. The Fort Wayne Mad Ants, the lone independent NBA D-League Team, will be affiliated with the remaining 13 NBA teams. To accommodate assignments to Fort Wayne, a flexible assignment system will be utilized when an independent NBA team assigns a player at a time when the Mad Ants already have either the maximum of four NBA players on assignment or two assigned players at the position of the NBA player who is being assigned. In either event, the NBA D-League will identify to the assigning NBA team any singly-affiliated NBA D-League team that is willing to accept the assigned player, and the independent NBA team assigning the player will choose a team from among those teams to assign the player. If no singly-affiliated NBA D-League team is willing to accept the assigned player, he will be assigned to one of the non-NBA-owned single affiliate teams pursuant to a lottery.
          The complete affiliation system for 2014-15 is listed below:

AUSTIN TOROS (TX)
          San Antonio Spurs

BAKERSFIELD JAM (CA)
          Phoenix Suns

CANTON CHARGE (OHIO)
          Cleveland Cavaliers

DELAWARE 87ERS (Newark, DE)
          Philadelphia 76ers

ERIE BAYHAWKS (PA)
          Orlando Magic

FORT WAYNE MAD ANTS (IN)

Atlanta Hawks

Brooklyn Nets

Charlotte Hornets

Chicago Bulls

Denver Nuggets

Indiana Pacers

Los Angeles Clippers

Milwaukee Bucks

Minnesota Timberwolves

New Orleans Pelicans

Portland Trail Blazers

Toronto Raptors

Washington Wizards

GRAND RAPIDS DRIVE (MI)
          Detroit Pistons

IDAHO STAMPEDE (Boise, ID)
          Utah Jazz

IOWA ENERGY (Des Moines, IA)
          Memphis Grizzlies

LOS ANGELES D-FENDERS (CA)
          Los Angeles Lakers

MAINE RED CLAWS (Portland, ME)
          Boston Celtics

OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER NBA D-LEAGUE TEAM (OK)
          Oklahoma City Thunder

RENO BIGHORNS (NV)
          Sacramento Kings

RIO GRANDE VALLEY VIPERS (Hidalgo, TX)
          Houston Rockets

SANTA CRUZ WARRIORS (CA)
          Golden State Warriors

SIOUX FALLS SKYFORCE (SD)
          Miami Heat

TEXAS LEGENDS (Frisco, TX)
          Dallas Mavericks

WESTCHESTER KNICKS (White Plains, NY)
          New York Knicks
          http://www.nba.com/dleague/fortwayne...ffiliates.html

Comment

• Wasn't there a Rochester Team they were looking at bringing into the D-League or something?

It really is a shame the Raptors never jumped at the chance to go steady with the Bayhawks.

EDIT: http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/13/tor...harks-d-league

Rochester Razorsharks of the Premier Basketball League.
            Would be perfect, considering how close Rochester is.

Comment

• Raptors absolutely need their own D-League team. Too bad Tim is leaving.. I'm sure he could have helped Masai in getting one.

Comment

• We need a D-League team, we need our draft picks playing how they're going to play for us.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Raptors absolutely need their own D-League team. Too bad Tim is leaving.. I'm sure he could have helped Masai in getting one.
                  Bruno, BeBe, and upcoming draft picks are enough of a reason to get that sh-t together now. TL would have been the one to get it done quick.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Wasn't there a Rochester Team they were looking at bringing into the D-League or something?

It really is a shame the Raptors never jumped at the chance to go steady with the Bayhawks.

EDIT: http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/13/tor...harks-d-league

Rochester Razorsharks of the Premier Basketball League.
                    Would be perfect, considering how close Rochester is.
                    From what I recall, and this is just my opinion, it seemed like the Rochester folks were the ones pushing/leaking this.

I imagine that option will always be there however I doubt it is an arrangement that can be arranged in 2 weeks before preseason. Hopefully it has been worked on behind the scenes since the preseason.

However given that Rochester is currently independent, there is likely to be some resistance to letting the Raptors run the show.... again this is just my opinion. Ideally MLSE would buy the franchise or pay a large fee, basically a lease, on the franchise to run as it sees fit.

Such a good investment I think.

Comment

• And and and and!

And RaptorsRepublic.com would have a new subsection on the forums!

EVERYTHING D-LEAGUE

Imagine the arguments, er, I mean discussion if the following of JV in his year in Lithuania is any indication!

Comment

• The D-League does suck. The league is in shambles because we don't have a real place for younger guys/undraftees to play. We don't have enough teams nor do we have a real place for the game to develop. It's sad.... It's like Euroleague and the ABL are the best options.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

And and and and!

And RaptorsRepublic.com would have a new subsection on the forums!

EVERYTHING D-LEAGUE

Imagine the arguments, er, I mean discussion if the following of JV in his year in Lithuania is any indication!
                          Twice as many coaches to fire! Twice as many players to trade! Twice as many rosters to tank! #blowitup #blowthembothup #blowitallup

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            To be fair, that 19 year old starting for the Raptors surely didn't deserve to start. He just ran around for a bit. He did nothing on the court. He was the beneficiary of a shitty roster that allowed for development.

Bruno doesn't have that same luxury with this roster.
                            To be fair...Bruno couldnt start on some HS teams.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              To be fair...Bruno couldnt start on some HS teams.
                              And Jonas is a stiff.....or a scrub.....or both.... depending on the day.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                The D-League does suck. The league is in shambles because we don't have a real place for younger guys/undraftees to play. We don't have enough teams nor do we have a real place for the game to develop. It's sad.... It's like Euroleague and the ABL are the best options.
                                The dleague is growing.

Of course the quality of play is far inferior to the NBA however there are enough NBA players who have spent time in the DLeague to show it is a valuable tool if used properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X