Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can keep track of his stats his stats here:
    http://basketball.eurobasket.com/tea...va/7044?Page=3

12.5/6/1 w/ 1.6 bpg on over 62%, but struggling from 3. How bad is Italy-Serie A2? Either way it's good to know that he's back on the court.

Comment

• Seems to be playing pretty well at this level: http://basketball.eurobasket.com/tea...va/7044?Page=3

14.4 ppg, 6 rpg, almost 1.5 blocks, over 60% from the field, over 34% from 3.

I assume that these incoming 'two-way' contracts would be ideal for 2nd-rounders like Daniels?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Seems to be playing pretty well at this level: http://basketball.eurobasket.com/tea...va/7044?Page=3

14.4 ppg, 6 rpg, almost 1.5 blocks, over 60% from the field, over 34% from 3.

I assume that these incoming 'two-way' contracts would be ideal for 2nd-rounders like Daniels?
        Could be, if he wants to be closer to the NBA. Would still be a payment downgrade in all likelihood (unless he gets called up), so still a trade off, but definitely a better one than the current D-League set up.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The least surprising announcement in Raptors history.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            The least surprising announcement in Raptors history.
            Interesting take. What makes this unsurprising? I was surprised. There is no reason for the Raps to do this except just to be nice to the player/agent.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Interesting take. What makes this unsurprising? I was surprised. There is no reason for the Raps to do this except just to be nice to the player/agent.
              Might this have something to do with the original sidebar when he was drafted, that he would agree to play overseas rather than seek an immediate contract?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Might this have something to do with the original sidebar when he was drafted, that he would agree to play overseas rather than seek an immediate contract?
                I suppose. Unlikely though - not often a team will bother with agreeing to those sorts of restrictions for a 2nd round pick.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Unsurprising in that the Raps have no plans for Daniels as a player. He's not valued as an asset.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Unsurprising in that the Raps have no plans for Daniels as a player. He's not valued as an asset.
                    DeAndre Hulett is? Because they still have his rights, from when they drafted him at the turn of the century. Whether the Raps have plans for him or not is clearly not a deciding factor in terms of waiving those rights.

This move is surprising - no stakes, no real consequence, but definitely surprising. Teams almost never waive draft rights to a player.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DeAndre Hulett is? Because they still have his rights, from when they drafted him at the turn of the century. Whether the Raps have plans for him or not is clearly not a deciding factor in terms of waiving those rights.

This move is surprising - no stakes, no real consequence, but definitely surprising. Teams almost never waive draft rights to a player.
                      Signals that he and his agent are planning to make a run at an NBA roster this fall, no? Masai honest about limited roster availability and Daniels desperate to get his NBA career going (wanting to join a summer roster and training camp of a team that's interested)?

Comment

I'm sure the Raps simply forgot that Hulett even exists

Comment

• DeAndre Daniels can't play ball, period

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            DeAndre Daniels can't play ball, period
                            He had a pretty solid season in Italy, actually. He averaged 13 points, 6 rebounds, shot 58% & 39% from 3 along with averaging 1.1 blocks per game. Considering EuroLeague games tend to have lower scoring than the NBA, his numbers look better than you'd think.

I get why this happened, but also don't get it. He could get a look at a NBA roster or continue to play in Europe & make decent cash. Maybe he requested he be revoked by the Raptors.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Fyi DeAndre is on Portland summer league roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X