No announcement yet.

F*** Brooklyn? No. F*** Phoenix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix is my Western Conference team though...

Comment

Icarusdescending wrote: View Post
      "We wanted him all along". I call Bullshit. Enjoy missing the playoffs in the west Phoenix as all your players who had career years in 13-14 regress to their mean. You deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yep.

Phoenix is in for a rude awakening, i think. They'll be lucky to get close to the 8th seed again with their team.

Comment

when Phoenix picked Ennis my reaction was.... "You bastards!.....you bastards!"

F*** Phoenix!

I really really like this Bruno kid though..... i couldn't stop smiling after watching some videos of him after he was picked.

In Masai we trust! Way to swing for the fences! How can you not be happy with this pick? This guy's got length, wingspan, shooting ability, the youngest in the draft....man....I can see why our scouts and Masai didn't want to lose him.

Comment

Rather than picking ennis to spite us or whatever, I think they picked him because Dragic is UFA next year and they're either planning on trading him by the deadline or to have a contingency in case he signs elsewhere/ is expensive (which he will be coming off 3rd team All-NBA)
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Ya, I think I'm going to call bullshit on this. It's possible but I don't think it worked out like that. The Suns need another guard with the dual guard system they play and Ennis was BPA at the spot they picked. It was pretty much projected Ennis wasn't going to fall to us in the draft before the draft it ended up happening.

Also you have to consider that Dragic's contract is up next year (well technically a 7.5 million player option, he will probably opt out to get a bigger contract) and there is uncertainty around it. He will probably stay but they don't know. When you put it altogether it makes sense to take Ennis.
            Just saw this. Agree with the last part. Or even, since they ARE the Suns and are all about maximizing asset value, will probably trade Dragic for a rising star and multiples picks come the trade deadline.
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              Rather than picking ennis to spite us or whatever, I think they picked him because Dragic is UFA next year and they're either planning on trading him by the deadline or to have a contingency in case he signs elsewhere/ is expensive (which he will be coming off 3rd team All-NBA)
              Once again this is an inferior choice to Harris who was available and who is much more of a scorer similar to Dragic and Bledsoe and a higher pick (I.e. Higher value) in most mock drafts.

Go to the suns fans websites such as bright side of the sun and they say the same things, not impressed at all with their teams pick of ennis.

"The Suns needed another point guard as insurance if Eric Bledsoe signs elsewhere or gets hurt again next season, but Tyler Ennis is a confusing choice in that role for me."

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...gdanovic-brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's possible Phoenix wanted 20 and 22 from us for Ennis. Knowing we really wanted him and the 22 pick was available to us, they could've been trying to acquire extra pics. Although they had four lol Or maybe they did want next years pick. It's also a possibility they think they won;t be able to retain Bledsoe for a fair deal, so they are already planning to let him go.

Comment

This is a great read and I can see it going down like this maybe there still a way we get ennis
                  Rapsfan

Comment

With all this talk, is Masai a GM that wants to create his own destiny instead of reacting to the environment around him and being a sheep? Man, it's been a while since a Toronto front office guy thinks and believes as an alpha-dog and pimp-slaps any opposition moves and offer that he can see through...hope the Suns get a little just dessert and Bruno turns into a Batum.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      Phoenix is my Western Conference team though...
                      Me too, they're too fun. I'm sorry, but I just can't hate them!

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                        Me too, they're too fun. I'm sorry, but I just can't hate them!
                        Yeah, always liked that team since the Nash era started in 04-05.

Comment

Well, apprently Kabongo is playing on the raps summer league team. It was on hoopshype or something like that.

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
                            Well, apprently Kabongo is playing on the raps summer league team. It was on hoopshype or something like that.
                            anyone know how he did last year or watch him?

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                              I also hate how people are saying we should've just traded down. So many issues with that baseless assumption.

1.) Trade down might not have even been available, maybe nobody wanted to trade up to 20.
                              2.) Bruno may not have been available later on, for all we know the Thunder were gonna take him at 21

People need to stop thinking they're smarter than NBA GMs. Especially when we have access to like 1/10000th the info they do. Don't think any of us were in the war room?
                              I think it's fair to be disappointed that Masai didn't come away with more from the draft, or better value for the pick position, because Masai himself was disappointed. You could totally see it in his voice and body language at the post draft press conference. In his own words, he was trying really hard to move up and down to get both Ennis and Bruno at the right draft slots, but he couldn't get a deal done. So, if MU is disappointed in his results, then I don't see why fans can't have the same opinion. That said, I'm still excited about the 'potential' of the Bruno pick and give MU full marks for taking the risk.

Comment

Seriously f*** Phoenix. They have 18 players on their roster.

Why Ennis when they have got Dragic, Barbosa, Smith and Bledsoe (on qualifying offer) and why TJ Warren and Bogdanovic when they have Green, Tucker, Christmas, Goodwin, Morris brothers. IMO they needed bigger guys. Emekka is a free agent and Frye is opting out. They are left behind with Plumlee and Randolph and a crap player like Len who could be sent to d-league. Had they drafted, Payne, Capella, and Tavares it would have helped their team and other teams
                                Last edited by rapba; Sun Jun 29, 2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X