F*** Brooklyn? No. F*** Phoenix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If Colangelo can sign Fields just to block the Knicks from signing Nash, the idea that Phoenix picked Ennis to leverage Toronto isn't so far fetched.
    And that worked out so well for us. Its "strategic" moves like that that get you whacked.
    Its been two years since Colangelo did that. He has not had even a sniff of getting back in the chair again.
    Have to disagree with you on this.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      And that worked out so well for us. Its "strategic" moves like that that get you whacked.
      Its been two years since Colangelo did that. He has not had even a sniff of getting back in the chair again.
      Have to disagree with you on this.
      I was simply pointing out the "spite moves" do indeed happen. Whether they work out is a different story.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I was simply pointing out the "spite moves" do indeed happen. Whether they work out is a different story.
        But the knicks were locked up with contracts back then, meanwhile the suns are just full of free agents so i guess that wasnt the best comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

keefec wrote: View Post
          I dont think masai expected phoneix to take ennis when they have dragic and bledsoe already. Harris could start for them next season

Phoenix isn't necessarily 'drafting' for immediate need, though. They have long stated their intentions to try and flip draft picks and young talent to acquire an all-star. McDonough is following the Danny Ainge / Daryl Moorey models, i.e., acquire as much young talent as possible and flip.

Comment

Grange is saying Phoenix signed Ennis cause they wanted Ennis.

Bledsoe's a RFA and looking less and less like he'll be back and Dragic has 2 years left on his deal. It does make sense to take a guy like Ennis who you can groom for a couple years.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              That is the key.

People don't like what they don't know.
              I don't even think that's the whole issue.

People hate when their draft predictions are wrong.

If a person thinks Player A should be taken 10th for example and they go 5th, they call that a huge reach and a bad pick.

If a person thinks Player A should be taken 10th and they go 20th, they call that a huge steal and a great pick.

Then there's the whole issue of confirmation bias/groupthink with the 1000s of mocks out there and people assuring themselves that we were taking Capela or Ennis at 20. Expect the unexpected when it comes to drafts guys, they're unpredictable.

Imo if more teams knew about Bruno he goes in the lottery.

Comment

Referring to the original post, I would've enjoyed receiving a donut for John Salmons.
                Brazilian Kevin Durant

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...ptors_2014.jpg
                http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...rst-Pick-1.gif

Twitter: rmuns12

Comment

I also hate how people are saying we should've just traded down. So many issues with that baseless assumption.

1.) Trade down might not have even been available, maybe nobody wanted to trade up to 20.
                  2.) Bruno may not have been available later on, for all we know the Thunder were gonna take him at 21

People need to stop thinking they're smarter than NBA GMs. Especially when we have access to like 1/10000th the info they do. Don't think any of us were in the war room?

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    I also hate how people are saying we should've just traded down. So many issues with that baseless assumption.

1.) Trade down might not have even been available, maybe nobody wanted to trade up to 20.
                    2.) Bruno may not have been available later on, for all we know the Thunder were gonna take him at 21

People need to stop thinking they're smarter than NBA GMs. Especially when we have access to like 1/10000th the info they do. Don't think any of us were in the war room?
                    Trading down didnt make sense cause
                    1. If we drafted napier for miami, caboclo wouldve been gone by 26

2. Since ennis was gone there was no point in acquiring the 22 from memphis as much as i like jordan adams

Comment

Fuck Phoenix and Philly! (They got the two guys I wanted.... )
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        I don't even think that's the whole issue.

People hate when their draft predictions are wrong.

If a person thinks Player A should be taken 10th for example and they go 5th, they call that a huge reach and a bad pick.

If a person thinks Player A should be taken 10th and they go 20th, they call that a huge steal and a great pick.

Then there's the whole issue of confirmation bias/groupthink with the 1000s of mocks out there and people assuring themselves that we were taking Capela or Ennis at 20. Expect the unexpected when it comes to drafts guys, they're unpredictable.

Imo if more teams knew about Bruno he goes in the lottery
                        This. Kid is young. He's physically even freakier than Wiggins (even if he's not the same leaper) with a huge frame and a wingspan bigger than even some long Cs. He has the makings of a good shot, is a gym rat, a humble and quiet kid with a good head on his shoulders (as opposed to Capela the nutbag) and loves to play D.

If he were playing in Europe or NCAA I'd be shocked if he made it out of the top 10. And his game is actually quite advanced for someone who's only been playing a few years (5?6? it was something like that), which makes one think if he keeps improving it could be on a pretty sharp curve, which is basically the same thing people have said and hope holds true of Embiid.

Good swing for the fences pick. Could bust, but the more I think about it, the more I see Bruno at least being serviceable à la Perry Jones: at least he'll be a big forward who can guard multiple positions, though his jumper is probably going to be better than Jones'.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          This. Kid is young. He's physically even freakier than Wiggins (even if he's not the same leaper) with a huge frame and a wingspan bigger than even some long Cs. He has the makings of a good shot, is a gym rat, a humble and quiet kid with a good head on his shoulders (as opposed to Capela the nutbag) and loves to play D.

If he were playing in Europe or NCAA I'd be shocked if he made it out of the top 10. And his game is actually quite advanced for someone who's only been playing a few years (5?6? it was something like that), which makes one think if he keeps improving it could be on a pretty sharp curve, which is basically the same thing people have said and hope holds true of Embiid.

Good swing for the fences pick. Could bust, but the more I think about it, the more I see Bruno at least being serviceable à la Perry Jones: at least he'll be a big forward who can guard multiple positions, though his jumper is probably going to be better than Jones'.
                          From the videos, looks like he can already nail the catch and shoot 3, and will be a plus defender at the 3 due to length, athleticism, and shot blocking. He also loves to crash the offensive boards so he should pick up lots of garbage points and frustrate other teams with that length. Beyond that, he just needs to work on getting stronger, ball handling, and positioning.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                            From the videos, looks like he can already nail the catch and shoot 3, and will be a plus defender at the 3 due to length, athleticism, and shot blocking. He also loves to crash the offensive boards so he should pick up lots of garbage points and frustrate other teams with that length. Beyond that, he just needs to work on getting stronger, ball handling, and positioning.
                            Well the 3 he's shooting is also less deep, so there will be a learning curve to adjust to NBA distance. But yeah, other than that he has very good tools and seems to have the right attitude to go with them.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              After sleeping on this, I've come to the conclusion: F*** Phoenix.

SO as I was saying: F*** Phoenix.
                              My sentiments exactly.

It is now my most sincere hope they get 9th place in the west again and again. The ennis pick makes no sense for them. They have two borderline all star pg's and have already said they will match any offer for Bledsoe so the free agency argument is crap. If they really wanted a guard Harrison or Napier made way more sense for their run and gun style of play.

While it's obviously conjecture I totally agree with the OP, the suns tried to get cute and grab who we wanted and then swindle us in order to let us have him.

It stinks of the type of attempted extortion that has no place in the nba, I hope other gm's recognize their behaviour for what it is and freeze them out in any future suggested trades.

"We wanted him all along". I call Bullshit. Enjoy missing the playoffs in the west Phoenix as all your players who had career years in 13-14 regress to their mean. You deserve it.

Comment

Icarusdescending wrote: View Post
                                My sentiments exactly.

It is now my most sincere hope they get 9th place in the west again and again. The ennis pick makes no sense for them. They have two borderline all star pg's and have already said they will match any offer for Bledsoe so the free agency argument is crap. If they really wanted a guard Harrison or Napier made way more sense for their run and gun style of play.

While it's obviously conjecture I totally agree with the OP, the suns tried to get cute and grab who we wanted and then swindle us in order to let us have him.

It stinks of the type of attempted extortion that has no place in the nba, I hope other gm's recognize their behaviour for what it is and freeze them out in any future suggested trades.

"We wanted him all along". I call Bullshit. Enjoy missing the playoffs in the west Phoenix as all your players who had career years in 13-14 regress to their mean. You deserve it.

That is the spirit!

He'll hath no fury like a raptor fan scorned!

Comment

Working...
                                X