Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salmon Alabi: Does RR remember MU's Man from few years ago ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also I remember Alabi trying to develop his 'sky hook'. And I also remember a game against Minny where he got some run in a blowout and got maybe 4 airballs? I'm not sure if he pulled out the sky hook. But the kid needed to focus on developing his basic fundamentals (dribbling, shooting, footwork) before pulling out the sky hook

Edit: even zarar talked about this:
    "We have just been informed that Solomon Alabi is working on a sky-hook!!! Kareem Abdul Alabi!!!"

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2010/...rself-to-arse/
    Last edited by rapfan10; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Jamshid with another great post!

Comment

Hahahahaha, What a world you guys live in Pretending to not know about MU's relationship with Solmon Alabi
        I could dig out the old articles to show their relationships that started very before the draft and how we traded for Alabi based on MU's recommendations but what is the point You all know that but like to forget and deny it.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          I'd take a flyer on a 7ft, athlete at the 50th pick any day. I'm okay with 2nd rounders failing
          LOOOOOL, That is my exact point and thanks for proving it It is OK to risk a 2nd rounder.

thead wrote: View Post
          ...I'm even okay with late first rounders failing...
          Hahahahah, then you will never build your team via draft in the state that you are now. With this team almost CAPED OUT, the only way to add talent is via the late first rounders so if you OK with failing there, you are OK with not improving. It is that simple.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I wonder if finding a compliment to a certain Italian under the direction of another Italian had anything to do with it
            My friend you live in a funny world I just love it. Can not wait to see your reaction in few month when this guy can not even play in summer league.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
              My friend you live in a funny world I just love it. Can not wait to see your reaction in few month when this guy can not even play in summer league.
              and vice versa, i cannot wait to see everyone's reaction when Bruno is putting up Durant numbers and starting for the raptors.. haha..

the latter is less likely to happen of course, but it could. now imagine that!

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
                and vice versa, i cannot wait to see everyone's reaction when Bruno is putting up Durant numbers and starting for the raptors.. haha..

the latter is less likely to happen of course, but it could. now imagine that!

I hope ure right my friend,it would be nice if he becomes something special
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

This thread was the mastermind of an absolute tool box. No Idea of who we drafted but It's wrong cuz Alabi didn't work out. Masai only took two mediocre teams and made them way better than anyone thought, but he's still an idiot and must be crucified for this pick because you and I never heard of him before the draft. Ugh. Who created this asinine thread anyways?

Comment

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Solomon-Alabi
                    It was on the dirt basketball courts of Nigeria that Masai Ujiri first saw Solomon Alabi, a gangly, untrained, 6-foot-9 teenaged bundle of promise and potential.

Alabi was precisely the kind of youngster the Raptors assistant general manager of player personnel wanted to reach in his goal of developing the sport he loves in the country of his birth, a kid who was hungry to learn but lacked the opportunity, possibly destined to live a life of unrealized athletic potential.
                    “He meant a lot in my life,” Alabi said of Ujiri. “When I started playing basketball in a small town (Kaduna) where not too many people knew about basketball and only a few people played basketball, Masai did a camp in my town and . . . that’s when I started getting exposed to basketball.”

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      This thread was the mastermind of an absolute tool box.
                      LOOOOLLLLL, Do you know how childish you look when you feel the need to include insults in every single post that you make here ?

Comment

Strong bond exists between Raptors exec and draft hopeful

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...t_hopeful.html

"It was all part of Ujiri’s grand plan to provide opportunities for Nigerian youths who’d been denied them. Ujiri has run a camp for young African big men for about a decade and has been heavily involved with the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders program, which is where Alabi continued his development."

Doesn't the new Bruno also have ties to NBA without borders

Comment

Fwakkk! we got Brunoed

I am sad and depressed the last couple of days

hopefully, next week, Lowry doesnt Bosh us and bring back the good old glory days of the anti-tank season, 2013-2014.

Comment

Well you're entitled to your opinion. l can't speak for everyone here but I believe most would agree that there isn't a GM out there that has not have their share of hiccups and very questionable decisions. We would like to think that they try to minimize the mistakes and try to learn from the past. Regardless of how you personally feel about this draft pick, it's done and over with. The next few months will be heavily watched by us loyal fans. I don't have a shrine built in Masai's name, nor do l think he is the best GM in the League. But I do think he has a eye for talent, and more often than not his picks usually works in his favor.

Other than Alabi, what other picks was he responsible for that turned out to be a bust?
                            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              This thread was the mastermind of an absolute tool box. No Idea of who we drafted but It's wrong cuz Alabi didn't work out. Masai only took two mediocre teams and made them way better than anyone thought, but he's still an idiot and must be crucified for this pick because you and I never heard of him before the draft. Ugh. Who created this asinine thread anyways?
                              this post is so wrong. you don't openly insult people. you prickishly belittle and dismiss their opinions as having no merit with smiley faces.

Comment

If anyone is not happy you can always cheer for another team - after the draft, Tyler Ennis and Phoenix joins Canadian-filled Cleveland as most attractive options I might be wrong, but i guess a big part of critics aren't going to the ACC to cheer for the Raptors, so there is no difference if you cheer for Toronto, Cleveland or Phoenix
                                (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Working...
                                X