Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Adds pretty much what we would want from Deng but 10M cheaper. Our SG position is now seriously logjammed. DD, Ross, GV and Williams all play the 2 and none are bench player but rotation except DD who is a starter.
    LOGJAMS are actually great. Let the cream rise to the top by the trade deadline and then act accordingly
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      James Johnson is actually a better player than Jimmy Butler imo (at least he was last year).
      raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Adds pretty much what we would want from Deng but 10M cheaper.
      Let's slow down a bit here guys.

Comment

Adds pretty much what we would want from Deng but 10M cheaper. Our SG position is now seriously logjammed. DD, Ross, GV and Williams all play the 2 and none are bench player but rotation except DD who is a starter.
        very deep though. Ross will start at SF I'm guessing. DD and Lou will split (not evenly) the SG minutes. GV looks like he may not get as many minutes this season with less opportunity for the 2 PG lineup. I'm expecting Lou will be traded at the first opportunity, which I think may have to wait until December, I'm not sure though. Someone will be willing to move a pick for an expiring bench scorer.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post

Bebe is coming. 1 spot left!
          It feels like Oceans 11 or something. Now we need a Chinese acrobat to drop from the ceiling.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            Let's slow down a bit here guys.
            Not saying Johnson is better than Deng. Over 38 minutes Deng is better but in limited minutes both would be just as effective. Just like West off the bench for 5MPG doesn't really do anything that Hands couldn't do.

Comment

• I've learned not to go on Amazon when I'm drunk and that's all I'm saying about this and the GV signing.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                James Johnson is actually a better player than Jimmy Butler imo (at least he was last year).
                Dude what
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• No matter how you look at it - GV, Lou Williams, James Johnson, TH/PP/BeBe are a better bench group than GV, Nando, John Salmons , TH/PP/Chuck Hayes. Managed to keep our Starters in tact, while getting a nice upgrade across the board.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Dude what
                    - More efficient scoring
                    - Better rebounder
                    - Better playmaker with the ball in his hands
                    - Superior length allows him to accumulate more blocks+steals per 36.
                    - Can guard more positions including being a very effective post defender

Butler is overrated and overhyped because he's on the Bulls imo. He shot the 3 well two years ago, but that probably has more to do with him not really taking that many than him being an elite 3PT shooter. This year he shot more and shot terribly, was also under 40% from the field. There's nothing he does better than James Johnson other than a completely subjective evaluation of his man-to-man defense.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Great signing! Best ratio of Money:Talent on the market right now, and it allows us to sign another contract similar to JJ for backup C. Anyone know what options are on the 2nd year?
                      I think the 3rd PG is probably more important than backup C.. I'm not comfortable with Lou W being the facilitator in case Lowry and GV are out. For C you have Amir/JV/Hayes and Bebe in short stints.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        wow.

He certainly fits the need at SF and everything they have been preaching (big, athletic, shot blocker).

But isn't he coo-coo? Spousal abuse? Weed on a team plane?

I guess Raps need a headcase to keep the locker room on its toes?
                        Echo the wow.
                        There are a lot of these guys. Million dollar talent that seems to come with a 10 cent brain.
                        I think we traded him out of town because he was just to much of a distraction with a young team and little leadership from within to reign him in. Its a Lance Stevenson type gamble here. Talent is there .. but.
                        Heres hoping he has matured a bit and that with the lockerroom as constructed today there are guys in there to police him. If he is focused and is a good citizen he sure fits the bill of the athletic long SF to handle the bigger SF's that we see down low.

If not I think his ass will be outa town in a hurry.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                          Not if you imbibed the evidence before take off.
                          You make it sound likes he's a kingpin lol he brought weed onto the plane for himself to smoke, he's not fuckin Avon Barksdale
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Echo the wow.
                            There are a lot of these guys. Million dollar talent that seems to come with a 10 cent brain.
                            I think we traded him out of town because he was just to much of a distraction with a young team and little leadership from within to reign him in. Its a Lance Stevenson type gamble here. Talent is there .. but.
                            Heres hoping he has matured a bit and that with the lockerroom as constructed today there are guys in there to police him. If he is focused and is a good citizen he sure fits the bill of the athletic long SF to handle the bigger SF's that we see down low.

If not I think his ass will be outa town in a hurry.
                            Coming to the realization that most defensive guys are crazy. TRoss being so passive, having a JJ type can really pickup the defense.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              In scrimmage Psycho-T and JJ might kill each other
                              Looking at the highlights, it could be they will play great together & with Vasquez. All three are ACC guys. Second team:

Vasquez, Williams, J. Johnson, Patterson, Hansbrough.
                              Last edited by caccia; Thu Jul 10, 2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Coming to the realization that most defensive guys are crazy. TRoss being so passive, having a JJ type can really pickup the defense..
                                Yeah your right. Rodman / MetaWorld Artest come to mind right off the top as all world crazy.

Its a cheap deal @5M total over 2 years and leaves room for the crew to debate backup C or PG with our remaining dough.

We have two crazies now in TH and JJ. That might be enough to keep a lot of heads on swivels if they are in the game together. Looking forward to our first road game into Brooklyn with these two. One just might hold KG while the other one hammers him.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X