No announcement yet.

Official: Salmons & '15 2nd round pick to Hawks for Williams & Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's not forget MLSE might be willing to go over the tax since up to 34 million can come off the books by the end of this coming season thus avoiding th dreaded repeater tax
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      34% from 3 will net more points than 50% of the same number of 2 point shots.
      He also shot 40% from the feild last year, yuck.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        let's not forget MLSE might be willing to go over the tax since up to 34 million can come off the books by the end of this coming season thus avoiding th dreaded repeater tax
        The repeater tax also comes into play if you have been a tax team 3 out of 4 years. So if they skip next year, they could still fear the repeater tax when the team is ready for contention. I'd personally rather avoid it this year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          So that leaves 25.3M for Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson, de Colo and the MLE. If you want to use the full MLE, that's 5.3M right there, leaving 20M for Lowry and the other 3. Maybe you let de Colo go, since you've got Williams now. Still, that's best case 10M for Lowry and 5M for the other two. Odds are you end up not using the entire MLE.
          Thanks for the updated breakdown on salaries. At this point, I would not be surprised to see Amir Johnson traded. Yeah, I know everyone loves him, including the coach, but his ankles don't.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            The repeater tax also comes into play if you have been a tax team 3 out of 4 years. So if they skip next year, they could still fear the repeater tax when the team is ready for contention. I'd personally rather avoid it this year.
            ah shit thanks for the correction
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Also, avoiding the repeater tax would assume that the Raptors are not active in free agency next summer. I know the current goal is 2016, but timeslines can change as well.
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Interesting note on the Raptors cap situation. Question is, do you think PP signs for 5 million per year. I mean considering he is roughly getting the same amount right now, I think he may walk for a better deal.

I do think we retain Lowry and GV.

Comment

• doubt project pat signs for 5, word was they were pretty far apart in contract negotiations. he's going to be a really tough one to re-sign, and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he walks.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    doubt project pat signs for 5, word was they were pretty far apart in contract negotiations. he's going to be a really tough one to re-sign, and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he walks.
                    Exactly my thinking. Even in the exit interviews, there wasn't much eagerness from him as compared to Kyle and GV.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      Exactly my thinking. Even in the exit interviews, there wasn't much eagerness from him as compared to Kyle and GV.
                      There wasn't eagerness from kyle either. And you can tell ppats personality clearly isn't as emotionally driven as GV.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        There wasn't eagerness from kyle either. And you can tell ppats personality clearly isn't as emotionally driven as GV.
                        However, Kyle seemed to take the road of being very politically correct and assess his options. I do think PP wants to be in a starting role and get more minutes.

Comment

• Every year there are Restricted Free Agents who get lavish contracts...and then there are those who don't seem to get the contracts that they should probably deserve.

If it appears that a team is going to match a reasonable deal, it can often scare teams away from offering anything. It all depends on how much other teams value Pat-Pat. If teams are unwilling to lock up some of their spending ability for a few days (while Raptors decide whether to match), it may be possible to get him back at a reasonable deal for us.
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            doubt project pat signs for 5, word was they were pretty far apart in contract negotiations. he's going to be a really tough one to re-sign, and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he walks.
                            Good news is, unless another team offers him more, he can't walk for more. And even if they do, we can still keep him if we can swallow the finances of the deal. He's restricted. I don't think there's enough of a market out there for him to get more than 6M per year - effectively the mid-level. And I think Ujiri keeps him if he signs an offer sheet like that.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Which team would be interested in 2Pat? Honestly I don't see a bunch of them.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                He also shot 40% from the feild last year, yuck.
                                Same as Kyle Lowry's (.404). Check out DeRozan's FG% last year (.385) or Terrance Ross for that matter (.298).

Comment

Working...
                                X