Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your ideal second unit for next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    GV
    Diamond Lou
    Fields
    Project Pat
    Bebe

if Lowry gets 12+ don't think you can afford GV and PP though
    We can if MLSE is okay with spending up to the luxury tax cap. Look 3 posts up.

Comment

no, you
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

What makes me mad is that casey will likely play Hayes over bebe

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          no, you
          Was trying to inform you but okay...

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
            What makes me mad is that casey will likely play Hayes over bebe
            You know what? I don't think he will. in 12-13, he gave alot of minutes to his tallest guys.
            More importantly- in Minny, he started Mark Blount at C over putting KG to C and playing small. And in Dallas, he saw exactly how important a tall, rim-protecting center can be. I think he gives Bebe decent minutes, as the only other true center sized guy on the roster
            @Boymusic66

Comment

I think Casey doesn't even learn Bebe's full name until next year
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                We have 25.3M to sign Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson and whoever else we want. Since we already have 11 guys signed for next year that are gonna be on the team (I'm not counting Daniels because ujiri said he'll either be in the d league or in Europe).

If Lowry signs for 12 like expected, we have 13.3 mil to spend to avoid luxury tax. Patterson for 6M and Gravy for 4M is certainly realistic, which means we have just over 3M to sign a backup SF. Definitely enough money.
                I think now with the Livingston's deal Vasquez might want something closer to that range. We will see. Also I don't think you get a good backup small forward with 3 mill.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  I think now with the Livingston's deal Vasquez might want something closer to that range. We will see. Also I don't think you get a good backup small forward with 3 mill.
                  We SHOULD be able to sign a guy like Carter with 3M.

Again, SHOULD seeing as that's how much he made last year and he's definitely not getting any better

Comment

And as for Gravy as long as it's a 3 year deal I don't see him turning it down, it's obvious he wants to be in Toronto so the extra million or two shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      And as for Gravy as long as it's a 3 year deal I don't see him turning it down, it's obvious he wants to be in Toronto so the extra million or two shouldn't be an issue.
                      I hope you're right
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Terrence will be starting not Fields. But in terms of everything else you make good points.
                        Oh and Patterson won't be starting over Amir. He might get more minutes than Amir throughout the game because of Amir's ankles but he won't start.
                        I agree that what I've written is not the likely starting line up, I just think there's better mix of skill sets, and there's virtually no drop off in talent, depending on who in that second unit can drive the ball.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I think this will be a breakout year for Ross. Coming into training camp last year, he had no clue what his situation was. Now that he knows he will be getting consistent minutes ,and most likely starting, he'll be busting his balls this summer. Book it!!!

Comment

GV, Lou, VC, The Patman and Ed Davis/Bebe at Center (sign and trade Nando+ Tyler to the Grizzles for Eddy D)
                            #BringBackUzoh

Comment

PG: Greivis
                              SG: Williams
                              SF: Sefalosha
                              PF:Patterson
                              C: Hansbrough
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

starting: lowry, derozan, Ross, johnson, valanciunis
                                2nd: vasquez, williams, ??, 2pat, big nog
                                extras in order of playtime: Psycho T, hayes, cobaclo, novak, de colo, fields

heres hoping cobaclo can make that 2nd unit quickly. Otherwise we should be looking to move one of the extras to make space & secure a good SF with size & defensive ability
                                Last edited by CashGameND; Wed Jul 2, 2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X