No announcement yet.

Who will be the best shooting guard 5 years from now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Wiggins stays at 2 I'd probably pick him. If not for me it's probably still Harden. Need to see more from Beal than a few good playoff games. This is still a guy that takes 16 shots to score 17 points. He's less efficient than even DeRozan was at the same age, despite being an elite (40.2%) three point shooter. The reason being that he has no f-ing clue of how to get to the FT Line, loves the long-two as much as DD does, and is only OK at finishing at the rim (and rarely gets there).

Klay Thompson to me is not even in the conversation. Ditto for Waiters, Stauskas and Butler. Lance I think has an outside shot if he becomes a more dangerous scorer.

Comment

It's pretty ridiculous that DD has more votes than Harden btw. Say what you want about his defense, but only Durant and LBJ score at the same volume/efficiency that Harden does. Combine that with being a great playmaker and solid rebounder and I'll take him over any guy on this list. That's coming from a big DD supporter.

Comment

For me Bradley Beal is the best…
        Offshore Software Services

Comment

I am biased and look at the offseason work demar puts in his game and see consistent improvement. If you are that athletic and work that hard in the offseason you cannot help but get better.

Comment

TRoss

Comment

Beat me to it, Raptors 999 :P

What about T Ross? Obviously right now he doesn't have many chances to prove himself as a star in this league, given that he is the 4th or 5th scoring option on the team right now. But in 5 years, that can change.

How many other 2nd year players can say that they are asked to defend the other team's best PG/SG/SF on a nightly basis? How many 2nd year players score 51 points whilst averaging less than 10ppg?

Ross is a star in my books. He and JV are still the future of this team, along with KD Brazil.

My hope is that Ross expands his game this summer and shows everyone this coming season that he is a multidimensional scorer and player. We all know he can dunk and shoot the 3, but he's still got plenty of upside. If Lowry can focus on being a facilitator, Ross can easily become a second option. (JV being third, with Vasquez and PPatt sharing the bench load). He and JV can become a very deadly Pick and Roll duo, because there would be no area on the court that at least one of them couldn't finish from.

5 years from now, who knows if he will have harnessed that upside or not? I certainly hope so.

My safer bet would be one of Beal or Derozan. These two will headline the SG spot along with Harden. I'm hoping that we will see a rise in SG showdowns during the regular season.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                Beat me to it, Raptors 999 :P

What about T Ross? Obviously right now he doesn't have many chances to prove himself as a star in this league, given that he is the 4th or 5th scoring option on the team right now. But in 5 years, that can change.

How many other 2nd year players can say that they are asked to defend the other team's best PG/SG/SF on a nightly basis? How many 2nd year players score 51 points whilst averaging less than 10ppg?

Ross is a star in my books. He and JV are still the future of this team, along with KD Brazil.

My hope is that Ross expands his game this summer and shows everyone this coming season that he is a multidimensional scorer and player. We all know he can dunk and shoot the 3, but he's still got plenty of upside. If Lowry can focus on being a facilitator, Ross can easily become a second option. (JV being third, with Vasquez and PPatt sharing the bench load). He and JV can become a very deadly Pick and Roll duo, because there would be no area on the court that at least one of them couldn't finish from.

5 years from now, who knows if he will have harnessed that upside or not? I certainly hope so.

My safer bet would be one of Beal or Derozan. These two will headline the SG spot along with Harden. I'm hoping that we will see a rise in SG showdowns during the regular season.
                I want TRoss in the discussion as a top SG and DeRozan as Top SF. SF is usually the best wing scorer and DD should be in the mix with Melo, Deng, Ariza and Parsons at least. Claiming DD as the best SG is like winning the Atlantic Division.

Comment

I couldn't find the "Everything Ross" thread, so thought I would put it here instead, but does anyone else thing T. Ross is due for a BIG year, this season? It was always, DD and Gay and then last season DD and Lowry, but I'm hearing DD has taken Ross "under his wing" this year and the two have been training together. A more confident and aggressive Ross, with his package of skills could make him one of the scoring leaders for the team this season.

Comment

Working...
                  X