Rockets disrespecting Lin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockets disrespecting Lin

Been following this thread over on RealGM.

Rockets are a real world-class organization .

Photoshopping Melo on their advertisements on Lin's number. It's one thing to know that you're on the trade block, it's another to be simply disrespected like this.

I like Lin, I think he'd do nicely off the bench for us, but too bad we have too many PGs.

These are posted around their arena.

Jeremy Lin ✔ @JLin7
    Follow
    Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them

Jeremy Lin ✔ @JLin7
    Follow
    @EmodMarco im entitled to standup for myself/say i felt disrespected as i did thru tweet but point is love unconditionally/as jesus loved me
    1:45 AM - 3 Jul 2014

Rockets also said they spoke to Lin, according to Woj, but then shortly after, Woj confirmed with Lin's agents, that he was never contacted about it.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5s
    Houston pre-informed Jeremy Lin of the use of his No. 7 on 'Melo recruiting images, source tells Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
    Follow
    Spoke to Lin's agents, Jim Tanner/Roger Montgomery, who say that Houston did NOT inform Lin that the No. 7 would be used for Melo images.

Grabbing popcorn to see how this turns out!

EDIT: This also happened last season with Beverly and Dwight. However, Beverly changed his Jersey number, and wasn't using it already when they photoshopped Dwight onto the photos I believe.

Additionally, when they did Dwight's they made sure you couldn't see his number.

Last edited by phiLLy; Wed Jul 2, 2014, 10:40 PM.

Man they cold.

Comment

That's low-brow stuff from Houston. Feel bad for Lin...
      Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

If I was Lin!

I would hog tie Morey and glue his eyelids widee open
        The put him in front a 60 inch TV and force him to watch John Salmons playing basketball! !!!
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Yeah, poor form. Either hide the number, or run it by Lin first.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

What I find sad is how cold Morey has been towards the whole situation where he's basically saying, "I chose Melo over Lin and if it means stepping on some fingers along the way, so be it." This doesn't bode well for locker room chemistry. But then again, bringing Melo anywhere doesn't bode well for locker room chemistry.

Comment

Awkward. If Melo goes there, Lin's gone (to make cap room). Still, it's very cold indeed.

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
                What I find sad is how cold Morey has been towards the whole situation where he's basically saying, "I chose Melo over Lin and if it means stepping on some fingers along the way, so be it." This doesn't bode well for locker room chemistry. But then again, bringing Melo anywhere doesn't bode well for locker room chemistry.
                I don't know about that. Melo seems like a nice enough guy. He's not confrontational with teammates.

Comment

Sure we don't know if he's a locker room cancer since we haven't been in a Nuggets/Knicks locker room and we have to go by the eye test. When you're paid max money, there are many responsibilities that fall on your shoulders.. being a leader is one of them. You look at leaders like Durant and Lebron and they both drive their team's offense by dictating the ball movement and finding ways to get their teammates involved in meaningful situations and that's leadership. Forget meaningful situations, I don't I've seen Melo involve his teammates during garbage minutes and I've seen no desire on his part to tweek his stifling, jump-shooting extravaganza. Plus his fallouts with George Karl and Mike D'Antoni, criticisms of Jeremy Lin (saying that his success made me look selfish) makes you wonder whether he'll improve any locker room. Sure winning helps a lot, but he isn't a winner.

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
                    Sure we don't know if he's a locker room cancer since we haven't been in a Nuggets/Knicks locker room and we have to go by the eye test. When you're paid max money, there are many responsibilities that fall on your shoulders.. being a leader is one of them. You look at leaders like Durant and Lebron and they both drive their team's offense by dictating the ball movement and finding ways to get their teammates involved in meaningful situations and that's leadership. Forget meaningful situations, I don't I've seen Melo involve his teammates during garbage minutes and I've seen no desire on his part to tweek his stifling, jump-shooting extravaganza. Plus his fallouts with George Karl and Mike D'Antoni, criticisms of Jeremy Lin (saying that his success made me look selfish) makes you wonder whether he'll improve any locker room. Sure winning helps a lot, but he isn't a winner.
                    To be fair, I don't pay much attention to off the court stuff, I don't read rumors and don't follow drama. It's possible that I missed something.

But I think a lot of fans just don't like Melo because he's in the news all the time and doesn't win enough. That happens with most superstars if they don't win. It doesn't mean that teammates don't like him or that he hurts chemistry.

Most of what you are saying is on the court criticism. But passing and locker room are just two different things. Patrick Ewing didn't know what "get teammates involved" meant, but I never heard anyone suggest that he hurts the locker room. Could Reggie Miller get anyone involved? No. A great teammate though. On the other hand, Rick Barry is probably the most hated teammate of all time, no one would've called him a leader, and yet he's also one of the best passers and playmakers of all time, and someone who almost single handedly won a championship.

Melo has played with multiple knuckleheads over his career, yet there haven't been any major incidents. His teams generally haven't been anything special, but he also missed playoffs just once in his whole career despite not having much talent around him. There's just not much in his past that would make me concerned about locker room chemistry.

Comment

Did Lin forget how he treated the Knicks? Get over it, Jeremy.
                      Worst Behaviour

Comment

Working...
                      X