Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry in the bag. Now we need 2Pat, GV, a backup center, and Vince Carter! Trade Lou Williams..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    I'd do Thabo at the MLE
    I hope that never happens. I don't know why anyone is big on Thabo. He actually doesn't have great size to guard SFs. He is just awful offensively...like really really bad. He basically has no skill whatsoever other than defending SGs. We don't need him, and anything more than a minimum contract from any team is too much.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I hope that never happens. I don't know why anyone is big on Thabo. He actually doesn't have great size to guard SFs. He is just awful offensively...like really really bad. He basically has no skill whatsoever other than defending SGs. We don't need him, and anything more than a minimum contract from any team is too much.
      I agree. I'd be leaning towards Tucker, or Aminu.

Comment

Thank you! People on this forum are so high on Thabo. Did you guys watch him this season or not? Because he is not the same player he once was. He can't shoot for shit and his defense has fallen off. He is honestly no better than Fields right now and Fields is younger and more athletic.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Do we let him go if that's the offer? 4 year $25M is barely above $6M per year, and seems like excellent value for PPat. Even 4 years at $30M isn't so bad when you look at what PPat brings to the table. I'd hope there are some team options in there, and I'm not sure how badly it would affect our future free agent hunt, but I don't think you let PPat walk if that's the offer. PF's that play defense, rebound, shoot 40% from 3, .559 TS%, and can score at will off the pick n pop do not grow on trees. PPat bailed us out when our offense was sluggish in so many games. A GV, Lou Williams, PPat bench unit would be able to score and score a lot.
          Once the offer starts going over $8M then I am reluctant to match. I assume Masai will at least get a sign and trade out of it since PPat is restricted, but I really wouldn't mind bringing him back at $6-7M per year.
          Also playing 2pat at the 4 allows Fields to play at the 3 as a with the bench unit. Lou, GV and 2Pat can all space the floor while allowing landry to cut and play off the ball.

EDIT : and Thabo is shit, stop mentioning him lmao.
          Myself (March 2014):
          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
            Thank you! People on this forum are so high on Thabo. Did you guys watch him this season or not? Because he is not the same player he once was. He can't shoot for shit and his defense has fallen off. He is honestly no better than Fields right now and Fields is younger and more athletic.
            Actually he's exactly the same player he's always been. He had 2 good years of shooting the ball...and every other year he's been bad to mediocre. His D hasn't dropped off really, but he's so bad at everything else that he's a liability on the court more than he's a help.

Honestly I think his cool name makes people overrate him.

Comment

oh and keep Lou Williams trust me. 2nd year after ACL surgery is when you really get back your form. Imagine him and Greivis coming off the bench together
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I'll admit to overrating Thabo. I just have memories of him being their lockdown defender and starting over Harden when he was there. I really want VC for nostalgia sake, but I think the Mavs will strikeout with all free agents per usual and then overpay VC to bring him back.

Comment

I do make most of my choices based on that. I'd give Pops Mensah Bonsou the max right now
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

You bring back both GV and Patterson because of chemistry.. however if I had to choose I'd choose GV between the two. We are really thin at PG and Lowry may have a hard time playing 82 games. He was playing off the ball during the playoffs for stretches as well. I don't trust Lou to initiate the offense.

GV is also a connection to Durant

I like Patterson but if the price is too high (and $7M/yr is high for me) than I'd look for a big wing that can stretch the floor to replace him using the MLE. Someone like Marvin Williams or Shawn Marion. You might be able to get these guys for short term contracts (2+1 type of contracts)

Comment

Most contracts have accelerator clauses. So a 4 year contract /30 million starts at 7 million and increases at a rate of 4.5% annually.

Personally I would trade for Wilson Chandler and j. McGee giving up Novak + Hayes + fields+ hansborough

Match PPat . Your second string is Lou , De Colo, Wilson Chandler, PPat , McGee. You suck up 14 million of extra salary for 2015.

Do a sign and trade GV for Vince .

Comment

Actually he's exactly the same player he's always been. He had 2 good years of shooting the ball...and every other year he's been bad to mediocre. His D hasn't dropped off really, but he's so bad at everything else that he's a liability on the court more than he's a help.

Very true! He only really had two good years where he played well. Of the guys we can realistically get Vince is probably the only one I don't mind having and even him I can do without. I'm fine with Fields if we keep both PPatt and Vasquez. As someone already said. We would have Vasquez, Williams and Patterson who can shoot so there won't be any pressure on Fields in that respect. Fields has shown he can guard the bigger shooting guards and small forwards of the world better than anyone on our team. He brings a lot of energy, rebounds and finds other ways to score even if his shot isn't falling. I don't know why people are so down on him just because he can't shoot. If we were playing him alongside Demar then yea but around three shooters I think he will be fine. If you want Thabo who can't shoot why wouldn't you like Fields? I don't get it
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                          Most contracts have accelerator clauses. So a 4 year contract /30 million starts at 7 million and increases at a rate of 4.5% annually.

Personally I would trade for Wilson Chandler and j. McGee giving up Novak + Hayes + fields+ hansborough

Match PPat . Your second string is Lou , De Colo, Wilson Chandler, PPat , McGee. You suck up 14 million of extra salary for 2015.

Do a sign and trade GV for Vince .
                          That would be amazing, but might require Denver's GM to be on an ether binge for it to happen.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            You bring back both GV and Patterson because of chemistry.. however if I had to choose I'd choose GV between the two. We are really thin at PG and Lowry may have a hard time playing 82 games. He was playing off the ball during the playoffs for stretches as well. I don't trust Lou to initiate the offense.

GV is also a connection to Durant

I like Patterson but if the price is too high (and $7M/yr is high for me) than I'd look for a big wing that can stretch the floor to replace him using the MLE. Someone like Marvin Williams or Shawn Marion. You might be able to get these guys for short term contracts (2+1 type of contracts)
                            Ummm no. Patterson at this point is much better than Marvin Williams and Marion. Marion doesn't even like Toronto so that won't be happening anyway thank God.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                              Ummm no. Patterson at this point is much better than Marvin Williams and Marion. Marion doesn't even like Toronto so that won't be happening anyway thank God.
                              Patterson is better.. but might be much more expensive.. that's my point. You could replace him with a guy that can defend large wings (Patterson can't do that). Marion might not like Toronto when he was here.. but things change. He could be looking for minutes, and Toronto could offer that.

Comment

Thabo's terrible now no Thabo
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X