Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Toronto in the Top or Bottom half of the League in terms of attractiveness to a Free Agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Toronto in the Top or Bottom half of the League in terms of attractiveness to a Free Agent?

Where would you rank Toronto in terms of free agent Desireability?
    Top 5
    5.71%
    6-10
    8.57%
    11-15
    28.57%
    16-20
    40.00%
    21-25
    11.43%
    26-30
    0.00%
    Depends on the Free Agent
    5.71%
    #BringBackUzoh

Teams currently worse off:

1. Sixers
    2. Kings
    3. Cleveland
    4. Milwaukee
    5. Detroit
    6. Pelicans
    7. Charlotte
    8. Utah
    9. Minnesota
    10. Orlando
    11. Denver
    Tied with : Washington, Lakers
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Despite my vote, the premise is wrong.

15 rosters spots and a cap of 70 upteen million means you can't court 15 10's

15 7's is better than 4 10s and 11 scrubs

Comment

I would guess all Florida and Texas teams. Low taxes and warm climate. Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Miami, Orlando.

Also major market teams. Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Clippers, Bulls, Celtics, probably Warriors.

After that it's a fair game.

Of course, if we are talking about a Canadian free agent, it's different. And if we are talking a superstar who won't go to a losing team, you can take Orlando off the list.

Comment

Wiggins has a long wait before he could force the Cavs hand and work a S&T with the Raptors but wouldn't that be amazing if it happened.

Comment

Maybe Wiggins will be the first major RFA who follows through on the threat of signing the qualifying offer to become UFA after year 5.

Ray Felton and Ben Gordon did it.

I'm struggling to remember anyone else.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
              Teams currently worse off:

1. Sixers
              2. Kings
              3. Cleveland
              4. Milwaukee
              5. Detroit
              6. Pelicans
              7. Charlotte
              8. Utah
              9. Minnesota
              10. Orlando
              11. Denver
              Tied with : Washington, Lakers
              Orlando and LA are choice spots

i think the reality is players like toronto, from everything i hear pretty much everyone says its a great city, it just seems agents and whatnot love to play the taxes card and it kind of scares them away. the weather obviously isn't as nice as a lot of the key cities, but it's really not that much worse than say boston or NY. plus it's easily one of the safest cities.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

i think the reality is players like toronto, from everything i hear pretty much everyone says its a great city, it just seems agents and whatnot love to play the taxes card and it kind of scares them away. the weather obviously isn't as nice as a lot of the key cities, but it's really not that much worse than say boston or NY. plus it's easily one of the safest cities.
                LA is, Orlando isn't.

Everyone leaves Orlando, it may be Florida but it's landlocked Florida, what the hell is the point?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

I'm talking like - franchise draw on free agents this summer, regardless of cap space.

Orlando's roster is so crappy that right now, FAs aren't going there.

Lakers are terrible and have Kobe working against them, but have history on their side, so I gave it a wash.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Has to be in the middle of the pack.. for once we brought back our own free agent. That's a win. Now getting someone else's prized free agent.. well that's a tough task but one that we'll probably get to see play out next summer.

Comment

From what I've heard and read, players do like Toronto. It is honestly the notion of being in another country, and losing the American Media spotlight that doesn't attract players.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                        From what I've heard and read, players do like Toronto. It is honestly the notion of being in another country, and losing the American Media spotlight that doesn't attract players.
                        Another winning season will hopefully solve that problem.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Another winning season will hopefully solve that problem.
                          Winning helps, but I think we need to get a player that just attracts media. When VC was here, we started off terrible, but we still got some games because he was a walking highlight reel.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                            Lakers are terrible and have Kobe working against them, but have history on their side, so I gave it a wash.
                            No matter what LA will always be a top 5 free-agency city. It's fucking LA!!!

Sun, sand, movie stars, glamour, riches, beautiful women, night life, the allure of being a celebrity and on top of that the state of California is probably the smallest land mass to offer EVERYTHING! You want to go skiing on the same day you went to the beach and finish it off by hiking through woods that have 300 year old giant trees? BOOM DONE!

Comment

Who are we talking about though? If we're talking Nick Young or JR Smith, someone who loves going out to nightclubs with hip-hop stars, then Toronto is in the bottom half. But if we're talking international players? Dirk, Parker, etc? Toronto's easily top half
                              @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                              X