Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Toronto in the Top or Bottom half of the League in terms of attractiveness to a Free Agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    They hate it but they all want to live there.
    They want to live there because more $$$
    A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
      They want to live there because more $$$
      And the American Dream!!

Comment

I can see us being behind the Texas teams, the Florida teams(Orlando only for the weather and no taxes), the LA teams, NY teams, and possibly Chicago and Boston. I dunno, we have to be in the late teens according to those guys though, maybe even 20's. Pretty sad 'cause we are the BEST city in the NBA, and our fans are bonkers!

Comment

I think TO is clearly in the bottom half of the league, probably bottom 5-10 is my guess. Hopefully that changes under MU's reign, but one thing he will never be able to change is the fact that TO is in a DIFFERENT country than the other 29 NBA teams. That is significant for FA's with options, especially US born players.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            I can see us being behind the Texas teams, the Florida teams(Orlando only for the weather and no taxes), the LA teams, NY teams, and possibly Chicago and Boston. I dunno, we have to be in the late teens according to those guys though, maybe even 20's. Pretty sad 'cause we are the BEST city in the NBA, and our fans are bonkers!
            It's shitty to say, and it comes from a place of ignorance, but seriously to many people in the US, especially outside of the north-east, Canada is just cold Mexico.

As well it actually has a lot of annoyances that people, especially younger, spoiled ones, don't want to deal with. The paperwork to come work here, the fact that the money looks and is a different value, the hassle and time it takes to go back and forth over the border all the time, the cold (NBA schedule is primarily in the cold months, a lot of these guys don't even realize we have 35 degree days in the summer), and speaking of that the change from farenheit to celcius, miles to kilometers, pounds to grams.

It seems like nothing to us, but if you had millions of dollars, a bit of fame and life basically catered to your wims at every turn before you even hit the age of 25 these things would annoy the shit out of you.

Comment

It's shitty to say, and it comes from a place of ignorance, but seriously to many people in the US, especially outside of the north-east, Canada is just cold Mexico.
              Yup, I think we're all guilty of over-analyzing in this thread. Like you said, most young Americans don't know a damn thing about Canada (outside of the stereotypes). A free agent can't make an informed decision if it's based on ignorance.

All the good Toronto has to offer is worthless if the average player doesn't know about it.

Comment

So is Toronto a top or a bottom?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  So is Toronto a top or a bottom?
                  I like to think of ourselves as more of a power bottom, because we generate a lot of power by doing most of the work.

Comment

I like to think of ourselves as more of a power bottom, because we generate a lot of power by doing most of the work.
                    Okay but no kissing

Comment

I think this will interest a lot of you guys. Jalen Rose's black guy city power rankings..
                      Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post

I think this will interest a lot of you guys. Jalen Rose's black guy city power rankings..
                        Link?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xlza8wFf1w
                          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Where'd he rank T.Dot? Can't watch that right now.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                              Where'd he rank T.Dot? Can't watch that right now.
                              He only talked top5. No TO. The list was WASH, HOU, NO, ATL, and MEM. Interesting that the typical big market locations he didn't include. But I'm sure any number of NBA players would rank NY, CHI, and LA or their lists.

Comment

Apparently we need more strip clubs and no taxes. He should be an urban planner.

Comment

Working...
                                X