No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Patman Signs 18mil/3years in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our beat writers have ZERO understanding of our cap situation. We have more than enough money to resign Vasquez... and Wolstat saying he is overpaid
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      We have 7.3M to spend now. Safe to say Vasquez is staying.
      With the way MU is spending, I don't think he will give Vasquez more than 3 year at 15. I had suggested 4 year , 18 with the 4th year being a team option but I can see MU going to 3 year at 15 million. GV, should then put his money where his mouth is ( talking about loving the town and ...) and take the deal because it is fair number.

Comment

This is great...just fantastic. This shall be known far and wide as the summer where Toronto was the only team not overpaying for free agents

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          I don't think it can seriously be called a "steal." Best-case scenario, we paid roughly market value for him.
          Seriously? We just resigned him for the exact same contract that Jodie Meeks just got. Based on the current contracts being handed out, I would say that this is below market value.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

imanshumpert wrote:
            yeah man you're a genius . Probably the best poster here :d. It's crazy how on point you were with that prediction . Only got the years :d and the total dollars and the dollars per year all wrong :d
            lmfao

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              We have 7.3M to spend now. Safe to say Vasquez is staying.
              Raptors are still looking to add an impactful defensive wing as well. It's far from safe to say Vasquez is staying.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                6 mil is pretty reasonable i guess

be interesting to see what happens next year when Amir, JV and Ross are all in line to get re-upped
                Just Amir. 2 more years for the other guys

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

fair deal. I can handle 6 million per year.

Comment

actually when you consider he basically plays as much as amir and is starter quality for when amir inevitably rolls an ankle its a solid deal
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      actually when you consider he basically plays as much as amir and is starter quality for when amir inevitably rolls an ankle its a solid deal
                      It is great deal ... He is healthier than Amir and his shot is more smooth. combination of him and Amir will really give us a piece of mind in that position.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                        I don't think it can seriously be called a "steal." Best-case scenario, we paid roughly market value for him.
                        I was hoping for 3/$15 or 4/$20, so it's only $1M more per season than I was hoping for. $13M for Amir & Patterson isn't bad, but I still long for an upgrade at the starting PF spot... though I expect I'm in the minority. Much like Amir, I hope Patterson grows into and earns this deal over the next 3 seasons.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                          Terrific.

IS this the Raptors best offseason ever?
                          Count it!

Comment

This is also an insurance just in case Amir's ankles get too serious, good resign!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Seeing how Orlando was offering him a starters job and probably a longer paycheck, we 'stole' Ppat from them.
                              Orlando was offering him a starting gig on a team that A) isn't going to contend this year and likely not next, B) just signed Ben Gordon because that's how much room they have to gamble, and most importantly C) just drafted Aaron Gordon, so if 2Pat was indeed offering a starting gig, he had to realize he probably wouldn't be starting for long.

If rumours are correct and Orlando was offering 2Pat more money, financially it still makes more sense to play for Toronto at a slight discount; on a three year deal his next contract will be at 28, and given Amir's health 2Pat will get almost-starter-minutes here anyway so he'll have lots of time to pump his stats and get that last big contract the next time around.

Comment

Patman was so much better than I expected, I'm glad we have him as insurance against an Amir injury.

If MU can land us a bigger SF we are ready to open the door and get on the floor...

Comment

Working...
                                X