Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    They also have this other guy playing PG.
    Jimmer Fredette is the real Chosen One.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      They also have this other guy playing PG.
      thats true, wow you just made me think we should sign brendon roy, he should be back to his all star self by now or wiat even better lets get yao ming he should be healed to

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Why is everybody suddenly putting CHI at 1st? Cuz they got Gasol instead of Boozer?
        Cause LBJ left MIA and the Pacers look primed to implode. Few want to bet on the inexperience of CLE, and few think the Raps and Wiz are there yet. We don't have a superstar remember. So, who's left, a CHI team that was nasty to play against last season, and will be improved with or without Rose.

Comment

• I say the Raps compete for the number one seed in the way that Portland/Houston/LAC competed for the number 1 seed in the West last year.

May be number one at some point during the season, but unlikely to be number one at the end of the year.

There are basically six teams, who could end up with the one seed at the end of the year

Definite playoff teams
          -Raps
          -Hawks
          -Pacers
          -Heat
          -Cavs
          -Wiz

Competing for the last two spots
          -Charlotte
          -New York
          -Detriot
          -Brooklyn
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            I say the Raps compete for the number one seed in the way that Portland/Houston/LAC competed for the number 1 seed in the West last year.

May be number one at some point during the season, but unlikely to be number one at the end of the year.

There are basically six teams, who could end up with the one seed at the end of the year

Definite playoff teams
            -Raps
            -Hawks
            -Pacers
            -Heat
            -Cavs
            -Wiz

Competing for the last two spots
            -Charlotte
            -New York
            -Detriot
            -Brooklyn
            I would put Charlotte on the definite category with Lance. If Wade is only playing 45-50 games Heat could be on the outside looking in. We call know Bosh can't get to the playoffs on his own.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Why is everybody suddenly putting CHI at 1st? Cuz they got Gasol instead of Boozer?
              Because you added scoring in the form of Gasol, McDermott, and Rose to what was already the best defense in the league. Gasol and Rose should actually make that defense even better.

Comment

• So the Pacers let Stephenson walk...and replaced him with Stuckey, who's basically a worse version of Lance, and while not quite as crazy, is not exactly known as a smart, well-disciplined player.

Yeah, I'd say #1 is pretty wide open. The two top teams from last year are hard to picture getting back there.

Comment

• I'd say we're with the contenders: Cleveland, Chicago, Washington and us.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I think Charlotte will make the playoffs, Walker & Stephenson aren't far off from Wall & Beal

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• It looks like a lot of people are sleeping on the Wiz. They're gonna be a top 3 seed this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I feel like people are overrating the Wizards.. Yes they have tremendous upside in their backcourt but they lost Ariza and added an aging Pierce who won't be playing alot during the regular season due to conditioning. Then they have Nene who is okay when healthy but when is he ever healthy? I don't see him not missing a portion of games this season. I like Gortat but he is so overpaid, 5 years $60M and is already on the wrong end of his career? That move was a headscratcher to me. Andre Miller I like, not sure if he can keep his game at the same level considering he's really old now, but he's really durable. Other than that, bench is not great, Otto Porter is a question mark to me.

Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Amir, JV, Patterson, Vasquez, Williams, JJ.. We already beat them 3-1 last season and the only win they had was in 3 overtimes, yet people rate them way above us, smh.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          I feel like people are overrating the Wizards.. Yes they have tremendous upside in their backcourt but they lost Ariza and added an aging Pierce who won't be playing alot during the regular season due to conditioning. Then they have Nene who is okay when healthy but when is he ever healthy? I don't see him not missing a portion of games this season. I like Gortat but he is so overpaid, 5 years $60M and is already on the wrong end of his career? That move was a headscratcher to me. Andre Miller I like, not sure if he can keep his game at the same level considering he's really old now, but he's really durable. Other than that, bench is not great, Otto Porter is a question mark to me.
                          Not re-signing Ariza was the right call. At a certain point you need to say "okay, this top-three guy we drafted, time to try him out" and so long as Ariza was in Washington Otto Porter wasn't going to get the shot he deserves. This is an ideal solution for the Wiz: they get Pierce to play clutch minutes as needed and plenty of burn for Porter to develop after a year riddled with injuries. It was the right way to go.

Their backcourt is among the best in the league (Wall and Beal with Miller and Glen Rice as backups) and as for their bigs: they got Kris Humphries on a very cheap deal to back up Nene and Gortat, they got DeJuan Blair for a song to serve as fourth big.

Washington is extremely solid at every level and, like us, are relying on internal development to provide the final push. They're going to be exciting to watch.

Comment

• Chicago
                            Cleveland
                            Toronto
                            Charlotte/Washington

That is the top 4 in no particular order.

Next four in no particular order:

Washington/Charlotte
                            Indiana
                            Atlanta
                            Miami

I know I kind of cheated with Charlotte and Washington.

Raps only team from Atlantic going to playoffs - book it.

Comment

• Quick...who's going to win the east this year? Need more time? That's it...it's so wide open. Last year I heard the Eastern playoffs very appropriately referred to as the "Miami-Indiana Tournament". Crazy how different it is this year. There is no clear favourite. It seems most people's choice is Chicago and that's based on a healthy D Rose (a phrase that is quickly becoming an oxymoron). Love to the Cavs? Sure, then they're the best but that hasn't happened yet. Now some of the Indiana strength spills over to Charlotte? This playing field is getting very even. Except for one uneven thing. The schedule.
                              We play 16 games against the nets, knicks, celtics and 76ers. The east may be getting stronger this year but nobody in the Atlantic did. Three of the other favourites (Indy, Chi, Clev) will eat each other up in the same division. If all the plus .500 teams are going to battle it out, that may be our ace in the hole.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Chicago
                                Cleveland
                                Toronto
                                Charlotte/Washington

That is the top 4 in no particular order.

Next four in no particular order:

Washington/Charlotte
                                Indiana
                                Atlanta
                                Miami

I know I kind of cheated with Charlotte and Washington.

Raps only team from Atlantic going to playoffs - book it.
                                I *think* Brooklyn (or maybe even the Knicks) can make it, but it's really hard to see who from that group they push out, without major injuries.
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X