Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    How many teams in a division can be in the top 4?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      If one more person puts Cleveland in the first or second seed my head might explode
      1. CLE
      2. CLE
      3. Who cares? CLE rocks.

*braces for explosion*
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cleveland and Chicago (with healthy Rose) are clearly better than us, nobody else though.

If we play amazing all season, Cleveland takes too long to mesh and Rose isn't healthy, then we could get the #1 seed.

Comment

• We have a shot now.

Miami is much weaker and Indy is definitely weaker. Cleveland has a lot of young pieces and will take time to gel. Bulls are the likely favourites but I don't trust DRose and Mirotic is a wildcard.

There are four Raptor scenarios:
          1. Strong enough to win the conference (20%)
          2. Win the division for a 2nd-4th seed (40%) - only real competition here is Brooklyn
          3. Suffer more injuries than last year or other misfortunes, and slip to a 5th-8th seed (20%)
          4. Have serious trouble and slip out of the playoffs (20%)

Comment

• Fuck all this noise, I don't care where we finish as long as we get to the 2nd round. This year as far as our team is concerned it doesn't matter if we finish 1st or 8th because all matchups are going to be tough in the 1st round.

Comment

• I don't know why its so hard for people to see Cleveland being the first seed. They have more talent right now that the teams Lebron has had in the pasts. Sure they are young, but we are talking about the regular season and not offseason.

Comment

• We're the third best team in the Conference, and I don't think we're that far off from Chicago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Playoff spoiler if shooters get hot. Streaky team unlikely to reach 50 wins even if everyone stays healthy.
                  Except if the shooters get cold (not something that happens when you have Kyle Korver btw) they still have two very effective post-up players and pick and roll threats. I think Hawks are gonna surprise a lot of people this year
                  @Boymusic66

Comment

• Raptors will not Challenge for #1 Seed. Top 3-4 if healthy and other teams stay healthy as well. Stop comparing the old Cavs to these Cavs. The old Cavs were better than people like to give credit and those names like Mo Williams (all-star on the Cavs) Jamison (solid player on downend of career) and Big Z (solid Center) don't tell the whole story. They were not great, but lets not over do-it.

I do believe Chicago and Cavs will compete for #1. I think Indiana with drop to 3-5 maybe further.

1. Bulls
                    2. Cavs
                    3. Pacers
                    4. Raps
                    5. Wiz
                    6. Heat
                    7. Hornets
                    8. Nets

Raptors are good but didnt overly improve. We are banking on Ross and JV to improve enough to help us take the next step
                    “Athletes carry the disfigurements and markings of contests remembered only by us and no one else. Nothing is more lost than a forgotten game.”
                    ― Pat Conroy

Comment

I really hope LeBrons return to Cleveland ends up being the Nash-Howard Lakers. Everybody picks them #1 until reality hits.
                      I really think this is possible but unlikely. CAVS MISSED THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR. And Irving/Waiters need the ball. Irving can shoot it so that helps but there are no guarantee's that Bron will fit seamlessly with that group.
                      “Athletes carry the disfigurements and markings of contests remembered only by us and no one else. Nothing is more lost than a forgotten game.”
                      ― Pat Conroy

Comment

• I guess I should have made a list of people that are with me rather than against me...twould be a lot shorter.

Anywho...let's see how it all plays out. I will accept all of your apologies in April and will not hold it over your head much longer than the 2015 draft
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I really hope LeBrons return to Cleveland ends up being the Nash-Howard Lakers. Everybody picks them #1 until reality hits.
                          I hate to brag but I was never one of those people.

As for Cleveland with Lebron...I really don't know. I'm tempted to say "auto 1st seed" but there's too many unknowns, mainly because I haven't watched more than a handful of Cleveland games, there's a lot of young players, and I'm curious how Kyrie Irving will adapt to playing off-the-ball. Unless Lebron adjust HIS own game to suit Irving.

I guess now that I think about it they're definitely not a #1 seed. Top 4 is possible, but they probably won't figure it out until closer to Xmas or even the All Star break. They could very well turn into one of the hottest teams in the league after that, but the east has gotten stronger so I think they'll be held to a 3-7 seed for the Play Offs.

Comment

• Eastcoast wrote: View Post
                            Raptors will not Challenge for #1 Seed. Top 3-4 if healthy and other teams stay healthy as well. Stop comparing the old Cavs to these Cavs. The old Cavs were better than people like to give credit and those names like Mo Williams (all-star on the Cavs) Jamison (solid player on downend of career) and Big Z (solid Center) don't tell the whole story. They were not great, but lets not over do-it.

I do believe Chicago and Cavs will compete for #1. I think Indiana with drop to 3-5 maybe further.

1. Bulls
                            2. Cavs
                            3. Pacers
                            4. Raps
                            5. Wiz
                            6. Heat
                            7. Hornets
                            8. Nets

Raptors are good but didnt overly improve. We are banking on Ross and JV to improve enough to help us take the next step
                            The wizards would replace the pacers in the top 4 in this case. Division leaders are guaranteed top 4

Comment

• 1. Bulls
                              2.Cavs
                              3.Wizards
                              4.Raptors
                              5.Pacers
                              6.Heat
                              7.Hornets
                              8.Hawks
                              9.Knicks
                              10.Pistons
                              11.Nets (F*** Brooklyn)
                              12.Magic
                              13.Bucks
                              14.Celtics (they will most likely trade Rondo)
                              15.76ers
                              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

• feet85 wrote: View Post
                                1. Bulls
                                2.Cavs
                                3.Wizards
                                4.Raptors
                                5.Pacers
                                6.Heat
                                7.Hornets
                                8.Hawks
                                9.Knicks
                                10.Pistons
                                11.Nets (F*** Brooklyn)
                                12.Magic
                                13.Bucks
                                14.Celtics (they will most likely trade Rondo)
                                15.76ers

Raps should finish ahead of Pacers next year. I suspect Indiana will drop to 5-7.

Comment

Working...
                                X