Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Football DYNASTY League (S3 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking:

Comment

• As emailed to the league:

While the playoffs seeding is up for grabs, the teams were officially decided this past FF week based on your performances. Congrats to all who have clinched their spot in the Championship Rounds, you essentially have a free pass this week.

To those not in the Championship Rounds of the playoffs I have some important points for you:
      1. You didn’t make the cut but still, sincerely, good job. This league is deep and by looking at the standings, number one through eight had the potential of getting hot and winning the league. You missed out this year but next year you could be the champ and this leads into my second point…
      2. Don’t give up on this season, you’re not finish. What you do this month can have a huge impact on your performance next season if you play you cards right. You have a golden opportunity here because as you recall, the results from the Consolation Rounds (you’re included) play a factor in where you draft; stinking up the last month does not guarantee you anything. There will be a lot of great prospects coming out in the 2015 draft, along with some stud sleepers and so I strongly encourage you to keep on battling.

To put it in perspective, here are the “Fantasy Pro Bowlers” not rostered prior to the draft:
      QB – Ryan Tannehill: ranked 20th overall and 36th based on average PPG
      WR - Jeremy Maclin: ranked 23rd overall and 18th based on average PPG
      WR - Mike Evans: ranked 37th overall and 29th based on average PPG
      RB - Justin Forsett: ranked 21st overall, 16th based on average PPG
      RB - Andre Ellington: ranked 43rd overall and 59th based on average PPG
      TE – Delanie Walker: ranked 65th overall and 72nd based on average PPG
      FLEX – Kelvin Benjamin: ranked 47th overall and 26thth based on average PPG

…And the story goes like this for defense as well so the moral of the story is hang in there and fight for that draft position because all these above names and many I didn't mention truly were game changers this season.

Comment

• Huh, I have four of those players and only Benjamin was from the actual draft.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Good luck to those who made playoffs! I'll definitely play out the schedule and go from there... disappointing season to say the least after last years improbable finish.

What are the odds that both Axel and jbml both have 2478.86 points after 13 weeks of play? Thassfuckeduuuup

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Huh, I have four of those players and only Benjamin was from the actual draft.
            Yeah, note that I didn't say these were drafted. I said they were all available at the draft(if we were all better at drafting). To my credit I wasn't at the draft and my autopicks didn't work for some reason so while I got my #1 ranked auto pick, Sammy Watkins(another example of a steal), I didn't get the rest of mine(as Mike Evans and Odell Beckham). I did sign Evans for large coin before he hit the fantasy radar and I waited on Beckham to get healthy and then signed him for large money before he hit the Fantasy radar; Watkins in the first 1/3 of the season and Evans and Beckham in the second 2/3 of the season were critical to my season to date. The year before I drafted Le'Veon Bell and Eddy Lacy; Bell is my MVP and Lacy is my top flex player now.

Mack North wrote: View Post
            Good luck to those who made playoffs! I'll definitely play out the schedule and go from there... disappointing season to say the least after last years improbable finish.

What are the odds that both Axel and jbml both have 2478.86 points after 13 weeks of play? Thassfuckeduuuup
            LOL, I though the same thing when I saw the standings. That's got to be a one in a billion chance occurrence.

Tough year Mack but I'm not sleeping on you because most years you're a factor in these league right into the playoffs. Here is a sneak peak at what you're playing for in the Consolation Rounds:

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon*: To compete in today's NFL, offenses must score points and few clubs are worse than in this department than the Bucs, who have surpassed 17 points in just three of 12 games this season. For the franchise to take the next step, improving at quarterback is critical. Mariota faces legitimate questions about how he'll fare against tighter windows in the NFL but he shows good awareness in the pocket, a live arm and, of course, great mobility. Mariota's speed and the great size of Tampa's pass-catchers would put an awful lot of stress on opposing defenses.

5. New York Jets -- Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State*: Current general manager John Idzik is not the kind of risk-taker to gamble on Famous Jameis' propensity for off-field trouble but his potential replacement could be more adventurous. Regardless of what you think about Winston's character, it is hard to deny his talent. His first half interceptions are troubling but the poise and accuracy he's demonstrated in guiding Florida State to comeback after comeback is precisely what scouts are looking for in a franchise quarterback. If not for the off-field concerns, Winston would be ranked ahead of Mariota. For some, he already is.

9. Minnesota Vikings -- Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama*: Despite big investments at wide receiver, the Vikings still lack a true No. 1. The agility and first-step acceleration that helped Cooper star as a true freshman is clearly back and he's dominating again, looking like an easy favorite thus far to be the first Biletnikoff Award winner in Alabama's history.

14. Cleveland Browns -- DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville: The Browns' defense and running game have been good enough to make them competitive but the lack of a top-flight receiver limits the team's upside. The club is hopeful, of course, that Josh Gordon will re-emerge as a superstar but can't rely on him. Parker missed the first seven games of the year with a broken fifth toe in his left foot, but the 6-3, 209 pounder has starred since, demonstrating the fluidity and ball-skills to project as a No. 1 target.

17. Miami Dolphins -- Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin*: Quarterback Ryan Tannehill has shown flashes of ascending into one of the league's better young quarterbacks in Bill Lazor's scheme and could take another step with more consistency at running back. The position may not hold the same value in today's pass-happy NFL, but Gordon is a difference-maker with the agility and acceleration to score from anywhere on the field. Just ask Nebraska, who gave up an FBS-record 408 yards to the Heisman contender.

18. Kansas City Chiefs -- Kevin White, WR, West Virginia: Despite a receiving corps that hasn't yet caught a touchdown, the Chiefs continue to play well. Providing more weapons on the perimeter would seem to be a priority for Kansas City in the off-season, however, especially given that this year's crop seems very strong yet again. Dwayne Bowe is a reliable route-runner and pass-catcher but he doesn't strike fear into the hearts of defenders. No player has boosted his stock more this season than White, a 6-3, 209 pound who climbs the ladder to make contested catches look easy.

19. San Francisco 49ers -- Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma*: The 49ers would be wise to continue adding to their receiving corps with Anquan Boldin aging and talented (but injury prone) Michael Crabtree entering the final year of his rookie contract. Green-Beckham is a top 10 talent who is drawing comparisons to Cincinnati Bengals' star A.J. Green for his size, speed and ball-skills but he comes with significant off-field concerns. GM Trent Baalke has been more willing than most to gamble on talented players with character red-flags.

26. Seattle Seahawks -- Devin Funchess, WR/TE, Michigan*: Improved play at tight end by Tony Moeaki and Cooper Helfet have sparked Seattle's impressive two-game winning streak against Arizona and San Francisco. Neither, however, possesses a unique skill-set like the 6-5, 235 pound Funchess, who could remind GM John Schneider of Jermichael Finley, a formidable seam threat he saw while both worked in Green Bay.

31. New England Patriots -- Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State*: When Rob Gronkowski is healthy, the Patriots are a juggernaut. However, other than Gronkowski, the club lacks dynamic pass-catchers. The aptly-named Strong is a 6-4, 205 pound junior with the physicality and body control to win contested passes and further Tom Brady's Hall of Fame career.
            http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...s-happy-league

2015 looks to be yet another strong year at WR but I think you're going to see some strong RB's enter the pros as well. I hope Rivers does well down the stretch because I punted my second rounder to Drizz in order to get him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Yeah, note that I didn't say these were drafted. I said they were all available at the draft(if we were all better at drafting). To my credit I wasn't at the draft and my autopicks didn't work for some reason so while I got my #1 ranked auto pick, Sammy Watkins(another example of a draft steal), didn't get the rest of mine(as Mike Evans and Odell Beckham). I did sign Evans for large coin before he hit the fantasy radar and I waited on Beckham to get healthy and then signed him for large money before he hit the Fantasy radar; Watkins in the first 1/3 of the season and Evans and Beckham in the second 2/3 of the season were critical to my season to date.
              Oh I understand what you said. I was just further driving down the point that the waiver wire is where many gems exist (Maclin post draft for $5 was huge).

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• WW is one of the most important aspects of all leagues in my view, no doubt. If you have a lot of budget left now then you need to get more aggressive in the Dynasty because you're missing out on the stuff that makes winners and there is no carry over of budget.

Comment

• NFL Fantasy Football DYNASTY League (S3 Discussion)

That or you picked up guys for $0 😎

This was a lot of fun regardless. Unfortunately life circumstances prevented me from taking this as serious in the beginning and you guys lucked out in that aspect.

Hopefully rice is back next year and my gamble pays off.

For now, good playoffs gents, and Axel, I'll see you in the all rookie Championship
                  Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Tue Dec 2, 2014, 05:51 PM.
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    That or you picked up guys for $0 ��
                    Chances are the hottest WW signings are not going to clear without a bid unless you're snapping them up prior to their big breakout. You need to walk a fine line. Personally I'd rather throw the money around, increase my odds of getting who i want and not have any FA money left at the end of the season. There is nothing to gain from hording the money but there is something to lose. Just like not spending your money in a auction draft.

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    Unfortunately life circumstances prevented me from taking this as serious in the beginning and you guys lucked out in that aspect.

Hopefully rice is back next year and my gamble pays off.

For now, good playoffs gents, and Axel, I'll see you in the all rookie Championship
                    That's too bad but you did well regardless and don't beat yourself up because I am about to set a new season scoring record... So, you know...

Comment

• One of the nice things about this league is that even in this late stage of the season, you can still build towards the future.

Welcome to the team Nick Foles. Rest up for next season.

Comment

• Yeah, I hear you. I know that's what I was thinking when I picked up Fitz for pennies on the dollar.

Comment

• Single Game Scoring Record: 294.34

Add it to the list.

Axel... Axel, where are you?

Comment

• Oh I'm here. I'm 1-1 against you this season, so I'm just waiting for the rubber match.

Comment

• Really don't like having so many "late" games on my roster. Don't know why, but I always feel better when my players are on the early kickoff time.

Comment

• Assuming Matt Forte has a pulse:

2014 Raptors Republic Dynasty "World" Championship

Apollo(World Champion) Vs. Axel

My scouts have been following you for weeks and I'm giving my guys the day off. We'll be ready for Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X