Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zo thinks he would be averaging 30PPG and 5 or 6 blocks if he were a rookie now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zo thinks he would be averaging 30PPG and 5 or 6 blocks if he were a rookie now...

They don't block shots, they don't post up anymore, they're just shooting a lot of jumpers. That makes all the difference in the world. It's amazing - if I came into the NBA now, like I came back into the NBA in '92, I'd probably be averaging 30 a game.
    I would be averaging five or six blocks a game. Seriously. I was 20 and 10 and three blocks back then, so, it'd be a totally different story right now.
    Yahoo Sports

Apparently ego doesn't decline at the same rate as vitality.

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yahoo Sports

Apparently ego doesn't decline at the same rate as vitality.
    Albeit he's probably right, I still can't stand the guy. And not because of him refusing to play here in Toronto. I hated him long before we attempted to acquire him.

Comment

Zo wasn't as athletic as Dwight Howard and he isn't averaging 30 ppg and 6 bpg. To be a 20 and 10 guy with 3 blocks like Zo said he was means that you are the main option on a team that doesn't have many other scoring options or rebounders. Dwight and Zo are both at the mercy of their guards to get them the ball. It's much harder to be a 30 ppg player as a big man that doesn't handle the ball much. If Zo was in his prime now, he'd still have to get the ball from a guard and who's to say that he would get more touches now than when he was in the league. It's just him mouthing off about how things were better when he was playing.

Comment

Yeah, not to mention rule changes which have cut down on choppy play to protect players. Maybe he should have proclaimed that he could get 5 or 6 fouls a game if he were a rookie now?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Yeah, not to mention rule changes which have cut down on choppy play to protect players. Maybe he should have proclaimed that he could get 5 or 6 fouls a game if he were a rookie now?
          LOL! Zo was as dirty and chippy a player as anyone so the new rules would definitely impact his play. He would be on the bench with 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes. Hard to score 30 ppg when you are constantly on the bench in foul trouble. Just ask Dwight!

Comment

Alonzo would have put up the same numbers now as he did back then. It's the perimeter players and face up big men that have much easier times scoring the ball. Not post up big men.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

ZO also thinks Captain crunch is peter pans arch nemesis....

Comment

These old guys dont realize that players get better every year as the competition increases and a guy like Big Baby could have been a Allstar in Zo's time... but now he struggles to keep up to the speed/quickness/athleticism of todays players...
                When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Working...
                X