Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Things That Excite You Going Into the 2014/2015 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Can't post the video off my phone...
    ah
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

1.Bruno,
      2. Demar is improvement
      3.JV and TRoss is improvement
      4.50 plus wins
      5.Playoff Fighting for ECF
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

1) Kyle Lowry leading the charge once again and hopefully earning that bigger paycheck on the court.

2) A team that will now have a full training camp with our SAC bench (minus salmons and maybe GV?). Hopefully this means better offense that doesn't involve 4 dudes standing still on the court.

3) JV/Ross development. Both are generally doing pretty well so far. Lets keep it going.

4) The grooming of the 2 brazilian broncos.

5) Demar provin'em. Hopefully he's back with an even stronger 3 point shot than last season, and extend that range to outside the corner spots.

5b) Landry hopefully getting some semblance of his shot back? Although all the tv work he's been doing makes it seem like its not really that important to him.

Comment

1. New Intro Video 2 raptors game

2. New Hot Cheerleaders

3. Bigger Jurassic Park

4. Raptors making Playoffs

5. Masai Ujiri telling every team in nba 2 go F@!k Them Self's....Yeahhhhh...

Go Raptors...
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
            1. New Intro Video 2 raptors game

2. New Hot Cheerleaders

3. Bigger Jurassic Park

4. Raptors making Playoffs

5. Masai Ujiri telling every team in nba 2 go F@!k Them Self's....Yeahhhhh...

Go Raptors...
            TRUST!

last season opener they played Drake's "Hold on we're going home", i cringed.
            like what is it? a fucking wedding?

hope they play Trophies or something if it had to be Drake's.

Comment

1) The jerseys ofcourse!
              2) JV
              3) Bruno
              4) 2nd round playoffs
              5) Hearing that HELLOOOOO!!!
              Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

1. YOUTH: Masai may have completely forced Casey to play young players. Salmons is gone. Novak is gone. Patterson looks to have been moved above Hansbrough in the depth chart. If Bebe gets brought over and takes Hayes's minutes, our team actually gets YOUNGER on paper. I did some very rough math on what our depth chart could look like, with minutes distributions, and we could actually get half a year younger based on weighted-minutes, despite our core getting more experienced.

2. VALANCIUNAS: Time to dominate. Hope he can build up his confidence this year. I'm looking forward to Lowry expanding their big brother/little brother relationship, now that our core is locked in.

3. THE BRAZILIANS: Would love to see both Bruno and Bebe get spot minutes or more.

4. TERRENCE ROSS: He let out a primal scream after his defensive stop late in Game 7, and it looked like a weight was off his back. I'm hoping he can build on that confidence going forward.

5. MASAI UJIRI: I think clearing Novak gives MU some serious flexibility, and he might surprise us all.

Comment

Hopefully we get to see this guy on the squad is 2014-2015

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

1. BRUNO, obviously.....have to be super curious about the unknown.
                    2. Win a playoff series.
                    3. Ross taking a big step forward. I've long been a massive fan and it's time for him to be consistent
                    4. JV coming back hopefully more mobile and fit, as well as excelling in an expanded role.
                    5. Lowry having another great year after that contract.

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
                      1) The jerseys ofcourse!
                      that's next year bud
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

1. JV looking like a man playing against men. The Jefferson's and Petrovic's of the world aren't going to move this man off his spot and they aren't going to get to theirs. I expect Jonas to continue his strong playoff performance.
                        2. Ross, Ross, and more Ross. I love watching this kid shoot. I expect him to take a huge step in his game. He'll be the silent killer on this team, raining three's from the corner and occasionally posterizing people (prediction 15pts, 430 3pt%, 5 reb., 10 new posters).
                        3. DeMar and Lowry's leadership, both in performance and attitude. Let's see the swagger and the ridiculous faces
                        4. Ohhhhh the sweet sweet chemistry! The Raptors were so fun to watch when that ball was humming. With basically the same team as last year this team will basically be telepathic. (Love that Williams for Salmons trade!!!!)
                        5. Just Win Baby......but from the beginning this time....I'm hoping a strong start, and keep it going right to the ECF. I don't want to make comments like since Dec. 12th we have been the best team in the East. It's from the start until the end this year!!!!!

I'm excited as anyone to see Bruno, but I almost hope he doesn't play until the end of the season. I hope the Raps change the way the NBA develops talent. I would like to see him put on 20- 25 lbs. of muscle over this year. It would be cool if they could assemble a cast of 9 former NBA players to scrimmage and coach him throughout the season. Hire him his own shooting, dribbling, defensive, and video coach, English teacher and personal trainer. Keep him in Toronto until the All-star game, let him practice and hangout with the team when they are in town. Send him down to the D-league occasionally. Buy those old Russian training machines that Ivan Drago was using. I want this kid to be a superstar!
                        Last edited by saints91; Mon Jul 7, 2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

1. JV - how he develops this season and how the team approaches using him offensively will be very interesting to me. I think the progress of the team hinges on this more than anything else. We need to consistently utilize JV in the post and PnR in order for him and the team to improve IMO. Will he be more of a centerpiece in the offence? We need an inside scoring presence and a way to generate easy shots for shooters from inside...lets go JV!!

2. Masai - continues to impress. Will he stand pat with what he has going into the season, or will he find ways to improve the team during the season like last year? It will be interesting to see what MU does during the season. I can see guys like Lou, 2Pat, TH, Ross and GV if he resigns as trade bait if the right opportunity presents itself. Possibly lots of cap space next off season so it will be interesting to see what he does, if anything, with our expirings.

3. Demar - silencing the critics once and for all, hopefully. A little better handle should help alot. Better court awareness and passing would also go a long ways. These should improve shot selection. A more consistent effort defensively would be great as well. I don't care if he can guard JJ in the post, but he should be a little better at keeping his man in front of him on the perimeter.

4. Lowry - will he continue playing like he did last season?

5. Bruno and RR - I'd be pleasantly surprised if this kid makes any sort of positive contribution on the court next season. In fact, if he develops into a rotation player in the next 3 seasons I'd be ecstatic. If he develops into a starter it would blow my mind. More interesting though, will be how Raptors fans react to Bruno, his game, and how he is being handled by the coaching staff. Surely, many will want Casey's head if Bruno doesn't get much playing time, especially if he impresses in limited minutes. Anyways, fans are way too excited about this kid atm. It will be fun to see how it goes once the season begins.

Comment

1- DD styling with his improved handles
                            2- Ross swaggin' out of the PnR where he showed flashes last year
                            3- BRUNO
                            4- GV and Lou Will firing heat check 3s off the bench
                            5- Contending for the #1 seed and torching the Pacers.
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

1. Bruno
                              2. Masai's moves
                              3. Lowry & DD
                              4. Free Pizza Slices
                              5. Aubrey's second year as Global Ambassador
                              Worst Behaviour

Comment

The strength for 2014/15 will be the second lineup offensively. We have added Lou William will add a net of 4/5 points scoring a game. Maintained P Pat. We are still awaiting the decision of GV , once that is concluded. We will still require a tall , athletic SF - Bruno is not that player. A healthy Landry Fields ? As well we require a backup athletic Centre.

IMO we do not require to spend full monies on a MLE for a backup , unless he is a virtual starter like a Spencer Hawes. I would have GV signed to a lengthy contract, and 1 year deals for the last two signings.

Comment

Working...
                                X