Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Derozan worth in today's market? Is he max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If G.V. is worth 6.5 million, then DD s worth the MAX money. Raptors better be ready to pay that money in 2 years.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
      Derozan + Lowry > Hayward + Meeks
      DeRozan >>> Hayward,,,, Lowry>>>>>>Meeks

Comment

People should stop talking about Meek's contract like it is a good contract. That was a BAD GM giving out a BAD contract just like BC's contract for Hedo That contract did not set the market value. It was simply a stupid move by a stupid GM Or like Thomas contract which was later amnesty and ...

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
          If G.V. is worth 6.5 million, then DD s worth the MAX money. Raptors better be ready to pay that money in 2 years.
          I know you're just Jamshitting,,,,, I mean stirring the pot on your GV rants, but you pay a premium for a 2 yr only deal. Makes it not an overpay as a quality 6th man, which he became.

Comment

If he was an RFA I'd say he gets the max with a team trying to get him to leave his old team.

UFA I think he gets 12-13M (a little more than what Lowry got just because he's younger and has all-star status)

In the first scenario he'd be very overpaid.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
              I know you're just Jamshitting,,,,, I mean stirring the pot on your GV rants, but you pay a premium for a 2 yr only deal. Makes it not an overpay as a quality 6th man, which he became.
              Keep it Clean ... 6th manx!!! I have a feeling that Lou will make you eat that. Also, if we manage to get a REAL SF, then Ross will be coming off the bench as well which then makes G.V. the 8th or 9th man off the bench.

As far as premium for 2 year deal, we had no reason to do so. We could have signed him to a 3 year deal around 13.5-14 and have almost the same cap situations and ...

Comment

Hayward, parsons, DeRozan.... Neither worth max

But I think right now all get it because market says so.

The player option on derozans contract is really unfortunate.

Comment

derozan is easily worth max. look at how he improves every summer. If he weren`t so ugly you could call him kobe.
                  look at this clip of him a coouple days ago, totally ripped.

Comment

The market is so distorted. If true max guys could be paid the $25mm+ they deserve, then these mid-tier guys like Hayward and Parsons would settle down in the neighborhood of $10mm or less. Derozan might be a deserving $12mm-ish, but in this market he'd probably get the max.

The only thing I want to be sure of is that we get our Grade A franchise player in place before (or at least at the same time as) we give Demar his big pay bump. I don't want us to be constrained by our ceiling. Lowry and Demar are a solid backcourt, but we are at least one major piece away from title contention. Hopefully Masai can figure out how to land that piece by the time we have to make some hard decisions about salary.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      The market is so distorted. If true max guys could be paid the $25mm+ they deserve, then these mid-tier guys like Hayward and Parsons would settle down in the neighborhood of $10mm or less. Derozan might be a deserving $12mm-ish, but in this market he'd probably get the max.

The only thing I want to be sure of is that we get our Grade A franchise player in place before (or at least at the same time as) we give Demar his big pay bump. I don't want us to be constrained by our ceiling. Lowry and Demar are a solid backcourt, but we are at least one major piece away from title contention. Hopefully Masai can figure out how to land that piece by the time we have to make some hard decisions about salary.
                      This. If we can get that guy in the 2015 offseason or maybe even 2015/16 regular season, then paying DeMar isn't a problem. If we have a superstar guy, then overpaying a bit to keep the rest of the roster intact isn't a big issue, because we have a title contender either way.

Comment

Demar would get around $15M per is my guess, maybe a bit more if he was on the market today. But like DanH mentioned, it's a little different for RFA's, teams usually have to overpay to lure or retain decent RFA's. I believe Demar in two seasons will opt out and hit UFA, so that may keep the price down a bit. Nonetheless, in two more seasons, if he improves or at least maintains his level of play, and with the cap projected to increase, it really wouldn't surprise me if he got $16M + per (if that's possible, I know there are limits based on time in the league and I am not sure where Demar would fit in two seasons).

As a side note, his player option looks crappy because he is a value contract (which few expected), but that option may have been necessary to prevent him from going to RFA. Maybe...I don't know...it was BC's deal so who knows, but it does look pretty good atm.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                          We could have signed [Vasquez] to a 3 year deal around 13.5-14 and have almost the same cap situations and ...
                          Lol, how could you possible know what Grievis was willing to accept?

Comment

If we're using Hayward as our comparable, then DeRozan is worth max. If we're using Lebron as our comparable, then he's not.

The lesson to be learned is that nobody in the NBA knows exactly what a max contract should buy. Like anything, a player's contract will be determined by market situations. If there are a long list of buyers, with a shortage of available free agents, DeMar (like Hayward), could get rewarded nicely. Supply and demand.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              DeRozan isn't max contract player yet, but he'd get max in the market
                              Kinda why I hope people shut the fuck up about him this year and realize that DD on 9.5 a year, if he were signed by MU today coming from another team would make people's heads fucking fall off with amazement. there would be great masses making love in Raptors Square.

instead, we get idiotstick posters droning on and on about how shitty the guy is.

Can we put this to rest now. You have an allstar who makes chump money for what, 3 more year???? be happy. it aint about him being the best SG in the NBA, its about what that extra 4-5 million on your roster will allow you to buy down the road, all while KEEPING a guy like derozan, who is a fucking GEM of a player to have on a team.

Comment

seems like cap space is only truly an asset when you have it and other's don't currently having middle tier contracts 5 - 10m range seems to me more advantageous than cap space
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X