No announcement yet.

Cavs Talk: Wiggin on the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck Cleveland, but at the same time, good for Lebron.

I'm really impressed with the reasons why Lebron is going back — to build something for his family and hometown. But that franchise has been run like shit, as evidenced by how many first picks they'ver recieved since Gilbert wrote that asinine letter 'personally guaranteeing' a championship without Lebron.

Cleveland doesn't deserve Lebron, to be honest.

Comment

Yeah, Miami is F'd. Wade must be livid after opting out of those two large years and at a point in his career where he doesn't have much time left.

I think Melo stays with the Knicks now. This was the best news the Knicks could have got today.

Winners:
      LBJ
      Cleveland
      NY
      Everyone in the east except Miami

Losers:
      Miami
      Wade
      Obnoxious Heat fans everywhere

Comment

Miami's fucked, but it's all their own fault. They pressured their players into opting out and restructuring their contracts, and now have to figure out a way to make them whole. Not only is Lebron irreplaceable, but there are barely any decent free agents to fill in the gaps.

I'm glad they got screwed, to be honest. Lebron was the best/2nd best player in the league, carried the team all year, and inflated the value of the franchise by at least a couple hundred million dollars. He was grossly underpaid under the current CBA.

Comment

In other news, the Cavs have Miami's 2015 pick. It's protected top 10, and it becomes an unprotected pick in 2017.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Yeah, Miami is F'd. Wade must be livid after opting out of those two large years and at a point in his career where he doesn't have much time left.

I think Melo stays with the Knicks now. This was the best news the Knicks could have got today.

Winners:
            LBJ
            Cleveland
            NY
            Everyone in the east except Miami

Losers:
            Miami
            Wade
            Obnoxious Heat fans everywhere

If Miami doesn't make Wade and Udonis whole, no player or agent will want to deal with Miami for a very, very long time.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              Miami's fucked, but it's all their own fault. They pressured their players into opting out and restructuring their contracts, and now have to figure out a way to make them whole. Not only is Lebron irreplaceable, but there are barely any decent free agents to fill in the gaps.

I'm glad they got screwed, to be honest. Lebron was the best/2nd best player in the league, carried the team all year, and inflated the value of the franchise by at least a couple hundred million dollars. He was grossly underpaid under the current CBA.
              Wade should sign with the Lakers or Knicks if it works under cap. Hell, S&T even.

Comment

Well at least the 1st seed is totally wide for the taking in the east!! Could the Raptors top the conference?
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Opens the door for a Bosh move to TO!!

Comment

I wonder if Bosh is crying right now.

Comment

Unless Miami offers him max Wade should try to get on a contender and play the sixth man role for 10M/year. Like the Spurs. Or OKC.

He could try to be the second best player on a team like the Lakers, but honestly, he would only be shortening his career on a rebuilding team.

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                        I wonder if Bosh is crying right now.
                        Nah, Bosh is relieved that Lebron made his decision about 10 times easier. He's going to move back to his hometown and make way more money on an insanely competitive team. If the Rockets were in the East they would be a shoo-in for the Eastern Conference Finals.

Comment

So where should Wade go? Chicago? Dallas? What other contender still has cap space? A sign and trade of Lance Stephenson to Miami for Wade?

Maybe he stays in Miami, I guess. But it would be a shame to see him waste his last few years.

Comment

Is the Parsons deal a done-deal for the Mavs? Not sure if they can afford Wade.

Chicago would be interesting, but when I think about how hard they play ...

Comment

My prediction is that Lebron's move to Cleveland will result in the following domino effect — Bosh will move west to Houston, Melo will resign with the Knicks. Pacers might lose Lance (the Heat now have the money to throw at him and are desperate) and Nets might lose Pierce to the Clippers.

Meanwhile the Raptors, Bulls and Cavs are laughing their asses off.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                                Is the Parsons deal a done-deal for the Mavs? Not sure if they can afford Wade.

Chicago would be interesting, but when I think about how hard they play ...
                                No, Houston will almost certainly match Parsons.

Comment

Working...
                                X