Cavs Talk: Wiggin on the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    No, Houston will almost certainly match Parsons.
    Bosh has to sign before they can match, correct?

Comment

Sign and trade to the Clippers? Crawford, Dudley, Farmar, Bullock. Maybe add some picks, though I suspect Riley/Heat would accomodate Wade and help him go whereever he wants to go, considering he opted out of that massive contract.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
        Nah, Bosh is relieved that Lebron made his decision about 10 times easier. He's going to move back to his hometown and make way more money on an insanely competitive team. If the Rockets were in the East they would be a shoo-in for the Eastern Conference Finals.
        Yeah the Rockets are a legit contender with Bosh added to mix. Bosh just needs to keep doing what he was doing in Miami.

Comment

Bosh has to sign before they can match, correct?
          Yep. They have until Sunday. But they already have a pending deal on Asik with the Pelicans. So they only need to get rid of Lin, Motiejunas and Terrence Jones. I think Jones has a lot of value, they can add picks if necessary. I'm sure they'll get it done. Probably to the 76ers.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Yep. They have until Sunday. But they already have a pending deal on Asik with the Pelicans. So they only need to get rid of Lin, Motiejunas and Terrence Jones. I think Jones has a lot of value, they can add picks if necessary. I'm sure they'll get it done. Probably to the 76ers.
            Wow, that's a lot a moving parts. Cuban is probably going to be pissed, he was so close to completely screwing Morey over. But yeah, Wade on the Mavs would be interesting.

Comment

Oh dear god fuck Cleveland if this happens.

Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love is "intrigued" by the idea of being traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers and would commit long term to the team, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Cavaliers have opened talks by offering guard Dion Waiters, forward Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick to the Timberwolves in exchange for Love, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

Love said during a June 11 appearance on ESPN's "SportsNation "that it "burns me and hurts my heart" that he hasn't made the playoffs in six seasons in the NBA.

But in Cleveland, Love would pair with young point guard Kyrie Irving and four-time MVP LeBron James, who told SI.com on Friday that he is returning to the Cavaliers.

In his last public comments on his future with Timberwolves on June 11, Love stopped short of confirming that he's determined to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent in 2015.

"My agent is handling everything at this point ... I'm hoping that everything works out for all parties involved," Love said.

The 25-year-old Love, a three-time All-Star and former rebounding champion, averaged 26.1 points and 12.5 rebounds last season.

The Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors discussed a trade involving Love up until the NBA draft on June 26, but a deal didn't materialize.

After it initially appeared the Warriors were prepared to part with shooting guard Klay Thompson in order to land Love, sources told ESPN.com that Hall of Fame consultant Jerry West and new Warriors coach Steve Kerr voiced opposition to surrendering both Thompson and a future first-round pick to the Timberwolves, along with former All-Star forward David Lee, for Love and Wolves guard Kevin Martin.

Comment

Oh dear god fuck Cleveland if this happens.
                Yeah, that sounds far more reasonable than offering Wiggins. Heck, add Thompson and another couple picks into the deal. Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, multiple picks. It's still good for the Cavs and probably better than anything Minnesota can get.

Comment

This years Cleveland team:

Irving
                  Wiggins
                  Lebron
                  Love
                  Varajao
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

Irving
                    Wiggins
                    Lebron
                    Love
                    Varajao
                    And then fast forward to whenever Wiggins is a free agent:

"I loved my time here in Cleveland, but just like when Lebron came back here, came back home, now I have to go back home. I'm signing with Toronto."
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Irving
                      Wiggins
                      Lebron
                      Love
                      Varajao
                      The only thing that can stop them is health and lack of depth.

Comment

Irving
                        Wiggins
                        Lebron
                        Love
                        Varajao
                        how they'll get love without trading Wiggins?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          how they'll get love without trading Wiggins?
                          Dion Waiters + Bennet + Tristan Thompson + 1st round pick

EDIT: Love clearly wants out, so Minnesota has ZERO leverage.

Comment

Dion Waiters + Bennet + Tristan Thompson + 1st round pick
                            if im Minny Im gonna hang up the phone if you dont offer me wiggins in every package
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Any team with Lebron is going to at least make it past the 2nd Round in the East. He's got at least three prime years left.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                if im Minny Im gonna hang up the phone if you dont offer me wiggins in every package
                                Fine, but prepare to get NOTHING when Love leaves you next offseason anyways. Minnesota has no leverage here.

Comment

Working...
                                X