Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any hope at getting Wiggins would involve JV going to Cleveland.

Comment

I think the more important question is: would Masai trade DD and Amir for Wiggins and Bennett?

Thankfully, I am pretty sure the answer is 'no'. That's the sort of trade that would set our whole program back (this year) for uncertain long term benefits. Masai has a longer term vision than that.

Comment

A thousand yes.

Comment

It won't ever happen, but hell yes. Ross can finally play the 2 like he's meant to and wiggins starts at the 3.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            That way itll be like lebron never left, a Lithuanian big man will still be there to be his sidekick
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

hahahahah, haters going to hate ... so now after signing all these guys we want to go to a rebuild around 2 rookies ... wow, that is some planing and we think Lowry will be happy with that !!!

Come on Son, you want to hate, that is fine, keep on hating but don't be so obvious about it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                BINGO and better be ready to explain to Lowry why we are going from competing to a complete rebuild suddenly.

Comment

i'd do it. but im a maple dick.

I don't think its better for the team in the short term, and the biggest thing it would most likely kill our chemistry. But your gambling on the long term, and in 1-3 years could have the best possible payoff ever (winning an NBA championship, lead by a canadian)

Comment

I think this would make our team potentially better this year then last years team long as we keep JV and Tross. No one thought the team would play as good as it did post Rudy Gay but it was because his shots got distributed and DeRozan started getting notice after that.

Lowry/Vazquez
                    Ross/Williams
                    Wiggins/Johnson/Bruno/Fields
                    PPat/Bennett
                    Jval/Hayes/Bebe

Derozans/Amir 25 shots get to goto wiggins/ross/jval/bennett and i bet this lineup has a better efficiency offensively and waayyy better defensive lineup. Next season better defense for sure if not top 5. Heart and soul nothing. 1 out of 5 years they were good sometimes the Raptors fans sound like Maple Leafs fans falling in love with not as good as they are players.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Further to this, put forth an offer sheet of 2 years max.

Wiggins will be a raptor when he is 25.
                      Probably end up stuck giving him a three year offer sheet if he is max worthy.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Because Cleveland wants to win NOW, and they can't wait a few years for wiggins to develop around Derozans level

Comment

surprised at so many yeses. we have a one maybe two year window to win the east right now. why start over and waste lowry's prime

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Probably end up stuck giving him a three year offer sheet if he is max worthy.
                            Make 3rd year player option.

My whole theory is getting to raps ASAP.

Signing QO seems unrealistic.

Therefore 6 years with 4 year rookie deal plus minimum 2 year offer sheet.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                              hahahahah, haters going to hate ... so now after signing all these guys we want to go to a rebuild around 2 rookies ... wow, that is some planing and we think Lowry will be happy with that !!!

Come on Son, you want to hate, that is fine, keep on hating but don't be so obvious about it.
                              You referring to me?

Try reading my reply in thread.

Comment

Something else to remember on the Wiggins front.

Even if he becomes worthy of a max contract, Cleveland will not be able to give him the 5 year extension.

A team can only have one 5 year rookie extension on their roster at any one time and the Cavs have used that on Irving.

*DanH: appreciated if you can correct anything above that is incorrect*

Comment

Working...
                                X