Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we end our 4 year Miami losing streak this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we end our 4 year Miami losing streak this year?

Honestly I really hope we SMASH Bosh and the boys by 30 at some point next season. Hate losing to the Heat.

No, we will torched by the Heat again, they got Luol Deng and Danny Granger

Comment

We are going to squash them. Their lineup has so many holes. Deng may not even sign there and Granger sucks now.

Unfortunately it won't be as satisfying as it would be with Lebron there.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        No, we will torched by the Heat again, they got Luol Deng and Danny Granger
        How does having deng and granger mean that we'll be "torched"..

Anyway though it looks like their building a pretty formidable team but we'll have to see how they filll out the rest of their roster

Comment

When's the last time Raptors beat LeBron's team?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Idk if it's the last time but I remember us beating the Cavs on opening night

Comment

i believe never. i don't think we've beat them once with lebron.

Comment

We were something like 3-19 against the cavs and never won against the super friends. Can't. Wait to end both those streaks this year
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Regardless of what MIA does with their roster, you have to believe that in LBJ's absence the Raps will be able to win one game against them. Who's on the roster now in MIA? Bosh, Wade, McRoberts, Granger, Cole, Napier, Haslem. They may add Deng and even Bledsoe perhaps. If they get those two latter players they should be a pretty good team I imagine. But we should be able to beat them at least once.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    i believe never. i don't think we've beat them once with lebron.
                    Sam17 wrote: View Post
                    Idk if it's the last time but I remember us beating the Cavs on opening night
                    It was... we beat Cleveland on opening night in 2009.

Comment

It's all about confidence.. The Raptors have to believe they can beat anyone and then go out and prove it. Both the Heat and the Cavs will need to adjust. Cavs have new coach and Lebron needs to get acclimated. Heat no longer have Lebron and have to adjust (and despite getting Deng or McRoberts, their entire system revolved around James).

Raptors have the exact same team as last year. Their only new additions are bench players or rookies that might get 5 mpg. Raptors *should* be able to beat both teams.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        It was... we beat Cleveland on opening night in 2009.
                        i thought we were just talking about the heat, but yah.

Comment

I think the East got considerably better by adding more talent while we are relying on organic growth.

The Heat is not the post "decision" Cavs from 2010. They can put together a decent squad to make it to the ECF. I would assume they will totally remake their offense with LBJ gone. Probably try to acquire a PG (Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic). Also, adding a Deng to their roster will make them a playoff squad.

It won't be a cake walk to beat them this year.

The East looks improved too,

Cavs - No details required. deep playoff team period.

Miami - Big 2 + Deng and other marginal pieces. Gotta believe at least a playoff team.

Bulls - Added Gasol. Rose believed to be back. Improved offense with Gasol & Noah high post plays. (they are gonna be fun to watch)

Washington - young talented backcourt's organic improvement plus Otto Porter's second season. Gotta believe he is gonna make real contributions behind Pierce's veteran presence.

Indiana - Only team i'd believe will see a drop off after loosing Stephenson, if they do. A playoff team regardless.

Charlotte - they were already turning heads last year as the season went on. they are poised to add another piece and continuity for them will do good.

Atlanta - Horford being back and a new piece via FA is gonna push them up next season.

These 7 teams are the real competition for us. and we have the potential to finish anywhere from 2-8. These teams are all on par.

The wild card teams are the NY ones. Knicks and Nets. they can make more moves and make some noise as well.

The East looks real good to me next season.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                            I think the East got considerably better by adding more talent while we are relying on organic growth.

The Heat is not the post "decision" Cavs from 2010. They can put together a decent squad to make it to the ECF. I would assume they will totally remake their offense with LBJ gone. Probably try to acquire a PG (Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic). Also, adding a Deng to their roster will make them a playoff squad.

It won't be a cake walk to beat them this year.

The East looks improved too,

Cavs - No details required. deep playoff team period.

Miami - Big 2 + Deng and other marginal pieces. Gotta believe at least a playoff team.

Bulls - Added Gasol. Rose believed to be back. Improved offense with Gasol & Noah high post plays. (they are gonna be fun to watch)

Washington - young talented backcourt's organic improvement plus Otto Porter's second season. Gotta believe he is gonna make real contributions behind Pierce's veteran presence.

Indiana - Only team i'd believe will see a drop off after loosing Stephenson, if they do. A playoff team regardless.

Charlotte - they were already turning heads last year as the season went on. they are poised to add another piece and continuity for them will do good.

Atlanta - Horford being back and a new piece via FA is gonna push them up next season.

These 7 teams are the real competition for us. and we have the potential to finish anywhere from 2-8. These teams are all on par.

The wild card teams are the NY ones. Knicks and Nets. they can make more moves and make some noise as well.

The East looks real good to me next season.
                            Agree completely

Comment

SVG in Detroit also makes them a threat.

Comment

Working...
                              X