The East is going to be much stronger this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    I agree with everything you said but am I the only one who doesn't think last years Lou Williams was that bad? Like I would take that on my team. What he did last year wasn't that much lower than his career averages.
    I agree with you. I'm pretty excited about Lou Williams. Fingers crossed.

Comment

We cant be the deepest team in the league as long as San Antonio bench exists...
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Definitely interested in seeing how he impacts the bench.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Same!
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            LeBron James just left a team surrounded by talent and two HOF players that only 56 games
            or you mean a team that was just coasting during the regular season and one HOF that basically only played half the games cause they knew they were heading into the post-season by default anyway.

Comment

The east is going to start regressing to the mean. They won't be significantly better, but they'll have improved around the margins.

Pistons will be better. Atlanta will be better. The Miami Cavaliers will improve.

On the other hand it'll be less top heavy. Cleveland won't be as good as Miami (come on guys...) and Indiana won't be as good as Indiana.

The Bulls may improve or they may not. Rose is a complete wildcard, he'll wind up somewhere between 2013-2014 Westbrook and 2013-2014 Wade.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm done convincing people. If you think a team full of rookies and mismatched pieces as currently constructed are better than Miami which was entirely built around LeBron James...I can't help you.

This isn't NBA2K where you stick a bunch of guys rated 90 or above on the same team and magic happens.

They will be good...without trades that is all they will be
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Will Kyrie give the ball to LeBron? Duh duh duh...
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'm done convincing people. If you think a team full of rookies and mismatched pieces as currently constructed are better than Miami which was entirely built around LeBron James...I can't help you.

This isn't NBA2K where you stick a bunch of guys rated 90 or above on the same team and magic happens.

Just my 3 cents. Has nothing to do with the arguments happenning

Id say lebron adds 20 wins to whatever team he goea to. Clevland won 34 games last season so by my prediction they will win 54 next year
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I was kind of with the "Cleveland is going to be really good" people up until this post.

I think the relevant comparison is not to last year's Miami team, or the last Lebron Cleveland team, but the 2010-2011 Heat. That team had the best version of Dwyane Wade, somewhere around the best version of Chris Bosh, and still only won 58 games. Why? They had to iron out the best way to make the team work.

This Cleveland team is going to win somewhere around 50 games, I think. I think they'll be higher than 7-8, but I don't think they win the conference (in the regular season, anyways).

If they get it figured out by the playoffs, though, this could be a team that makes the Finals, especially if Derek Rose isn't the old Derek Rose. They'd subsequently get crushed by whatever Western team was there, still, but they are a threat to make it.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        Will Kyrie give the ball to LeBron? Duh duh duh...
                        Trying to figure out the level of sarcasm in this question...

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          I was kind of with the "Cleveland is going to be really good" people up until this post.

I think the relevant comparison is not to last year's Miami team, or the last Lebron Cleveland team, but the 2010-2011 Heat. That team had the best version of Dwyane Wade, somewhere around the best version of Chris Bosh, and still only won 58 games. Why? They had to iron out the best way to make the team work.

This Cleveland team is going to win somewhere around 50 games, I think. I think they'll be higher than 7-8, but I don't think they win the conference (in the regular season, anyways).

If they get it figured out by the playoffs, though, this could be a team that makes the Finals, especially if Derek Rose isn't the old Derek Rose. They'd subsequently get crushed by whatever Western team was there, still, but they are a threat to make it.
                          I think it's safe to say the WCF will be the actual Finals next year. Any series against the East will be a formality.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Trying to figure out the level of sarcasm in this question...
                            Just saying that with LeBron, he is going to get the ball a lot so everyone has to give up some touches.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                              I think it's safe to say the WCF will be the actual Finals next year. Any series against the East will be a formality.
                              I'd say if Derrick Rose plays at his absolute peak, the Bulls have a shot. They wouldn't be favoured, and they'd need things to go right for them, but they have a shot.

Comment

I'd say if Derrick Rose plays at his absolute peak, the Bulls have a shot. They wouldn't be favoured, and they'd need things to go right for them, but they have a shot.
                                Yeah you're right. I'd put money on him not returning to (undeserved) MVP form though
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X