Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    League respects Celtics because they're a classic American franchise with Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers etc...major market also has won a title in the last 10 years
    Yup exactly.. nothing to do with Casey/coaching. Toronto is not going to get respect if they get to the Finals either. They have to win.. and may have to win at least twice before they get some real respect.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Show that you can play with anyone in the playoffs, then I'll say that Casey proved doubters wrong. Losing in the playoffs is acceptable, but losing like that:

Cavs beat us by 59PTS in the 2017 playoffs.
      Cavs beat us by 93PTS in the ECF.

And yall still wondering why league and America doesn't respect us? (I'm not talking about TV schedules here.)

93 PTS. That's like watching Arsenal in the Champions League knockout stages... So many similarities...
      The league seems to "respect" Boston just fine and the Cavs beat them by 99 points last year in the playoffs, including game 2 where the Cavs led by 41 points at the half. IN fact, the 99 point differential flattered Boston.

So, while I don't disagree the Raps need to succeed in the playoffs, I'm over the "prove it in the playoffs to gain respect" narrative. There's more to it than that.

Comment

• I don't care why league respects knicks, lakers or celtics. We're different breed. We're like black people in 1960 America. To earn respect, we have to do everything 10x better.. Shit. I still can't forget ESPN post-game shows... Fuck those guys, but I get it... It's on us to perform like we DID IN THE REGULAR SEASON.

If our coaches and superstars played like they're playing in the regular season, we wouldn't hear scumbags like Paul Pierce talking negative shit about us. Maybe we won't get more air time, but I'm damn sure Paul Pierce would shut his mouth quickly.
        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 19, 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          The league seems to "respect" Boston just fine and the Cavs beat them by 99 points last year in the playoffs, including game 2 where the Cavs led by 41 points at the half. IN fact, the 99 point differential flattered Boston.

So, while I don't disagree the Raps need to succeed in the playoffs, I'm over the "prove it in the playoffs to gain respect" narrative. There's more to it than that.
          Don't compare us to America's main market teams. We'll never get that respect.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            I don't care why league respects knicks, lakers or celtics. We're different breed. We're like black people in 1960 America. To earn respect, we have to do everything 10x better.. Shit. I still can't forget ESPN post-game shows... Fuck those guys, but I get it... It's on us to perform like we DID IN THE REGULAR SEASON.

If our coaches and superstars played like they're playing in the regular season, we wouldn't hear scumbags like Paul Pierce talking negative shit about us. Maybe we won't get more air time, but I'm damn sure Paul Pierce would shut his mouth quickly.
            Only way to get real respect though is to win at least twice.. the first time would just be a fluke. So losing by 93 or whatever to the Cavs or losing by 3 or 4 in 7 games would mean the same thing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Only way to get real respect though is to win at least twice.. the first time would just be a fluke. So losing by 93 or whatever to the Cavs or losing by 3 or 4 in 7 games would mean the same thing.

I guess...

Our lads will earn respect if they play good basketball in the playoffs IMO. Not mainstream respect, but still. You think DeMar likes hearing TNT crew talking about him.. But can he do it in the playoffs?

We have a great group of players, A-level coach, A-level docs... No excuses.
              Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 19, 2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It could be none of these reasons people are stating as to why the Celtics have captured the attention of the media. My theory is that the Celtics are still the new kid in town. People like new, fresh, trendy, upside, potential, etc.

Boston has "the look" of a young team on the rise (young coach, young stars, future picks, etc....), whereas the Raps have the air of boring, older team that we've seen before and know they're going to choke again.

Also, analysts don't want to look bad. A few of them jumped on the Raptors bandwagon, calling them legitimate playoff contenders and they've been burned multiple times. They haven't been burned by the Celtics yet, and most of the media still considers last year ECF appearance as a huge overachieve for them.

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Of course they aren't getting the same level of respect as the American based teams. But it's up to the Raptors to go out and take what is owed to them. Not wait for media to come around with some token, fluff piece.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• With the Cleveland loss tonight, I believe a win tomorrow clinches Casey as an all-star head coach (puts Toronto five games up with identical games played and both teams with 5 games left before the coaches are selected, and Toronto currently holding the tiebreaker).

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          With the Cleveland loss tonight, I believe a win tomorrow clinches Casey as an all-star head coach (puts Toronto five games up with identical games played and both teams with 5 games left before the coaches are selected, and Toronto currently holding the tiebreaker).
                          So basically casey is the eastern conference coach
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lowry, DeRozan and Casey all at the all-star game together. I kinda hope they're all on the same team, but I'm sure they'd probably love to go against each other lol
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              So basically casey is the eastern conference coach
                              Yeah, by my math it would take something like Cleveland going 5-0 and the Raptors going 0-6 over the next week and a half for them to pass Toronto. (I might be off by a game depending on whether the selection is made before or after the Raptors game next Sunday.)

Actually, looks like Miami could also catch a 1-5 Raptors by going 6-0, so I guess Raptors actually need two wins to clinch that for Casey.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

This man never gets credit. The way he has developed players is just amazing.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X