Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball4life wrote: View Post
    Yea that's why I it called over achieving. The point being it's still a mediocre roster who's starting PF is Louise Scola.
    Sure but overachieving just means that you've exceeded the expectations. So either the expectations were poorly set or you just got lucky (which i don't buy over an 82 game sample).

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      Sure but overachieving just means that you've exceeded the expectations. So either the expectations were poorly set or you just got lucky (which i don't buy over an 82 game sample).
      There is one other variable you're forgetting. The 29 other teams in the league. We aren't going to be facing the same opposition next year, and a lot of teams in our conference might get a lot better.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        There is one other variable you're forgetting. The 29 other teams in the league. We aren't going to be facing the same opposition next year, and a lot of teams in our conference might get a lot better.
        I agree.

But we also thought the same thing with this season vs the prior one.

Comment

How exactly am i forgetting that? The east has already gotten a lot better compared to last year and we managed to make a big jump.

Comment

Jesus Christ
            Also a shit coach, don't know why'd you bring him up

Comment

How exactly am i forgetting that? The east has already gotten a lot better compared to last year and we managed to make a big jump.
              The East wasn't that good this year. It really wasn't. East vs. West records are helped a lot this year by how bad the bottom of the West is. The West only had 5 legitimate teams with Memphis' injuries, and Houston's problems. So that made the East look a lot better than it actually was.

Comment

• I think the team grew a little but also the east was weak especially the Atlantic division. I would be very shocked if we made it back to the east final's next season.

Comment

Even the coach himself admitted to the team having overachieved and "one too many step ahead of the curve"... I don't know what more I can say. but the fact of the matter is this is a mediocre roster and the talent gap was evident in the ECF.

Comment

The East wasn't that good this year. It really wasn't. East vs. West records are helped a lot this year by how bad the bottom of the West is. The West only had 5 legitimate teams with Memphis' injuries, and Houston's problems. So that made the East look a lot better than it actually was.
                    Compare the conference records for those 5 "legit" teams. The only one that won a significantly larger percentage of interconference games than they did against the west was LAC. The rest are pretty even except OKC which lost 40 percent of their games against the east.

The East is still worse than the west, but the east is a lot better than it was last year.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                      Even the coach himself admitted to the team having overachieved and "one too many step ahead of the curve"... I don't know what more I can say. but the fact of the matter is this is a mediocre roster and the talent gap was evident in the ECF.
                      Yeah they overachieved because the expectations were not just met but exceeded. He didn't say we have a mediocre anything.

Comment

Compare the conference records for those 5 "legit" teams. The only one that won a significantly larger percentage of interconference games than they did against the west was LAC. The rest are pretty even except OKC which lost 40 percent of their games against the east.

The East is still worse than the west, but the east is a lot better than it was last year.
                        Like I said, the West was awful after those 5 teams. So it makes sense that those 5 really, really good teams would win a lot of games in their own conference. League as a whole was really top heavy this year. San Antonio and Golden State just exacerbated that.

Comment

Like I said, the West was awful after those 5 teams. So it makes sense that those 5 really, really good teams would win a lot of games in their own conference. League as a whole was really top heavy this year. San Antonio and Golden State just exacerbated that.
                          That still doesn't change the fact that the East was overall better than last year. Two teams .500 or better didn't even make the playoffs. There were 9 or 10 pretty competitive teams and that could not be said the last two years for the east.

Comment

That still doesn't change the fact that the East was overall better than last year. Two teams .500 or better didn't even make the playoffs. There were 9 or 10 pretty competitive teams and that could not be said the last two years for the east.
                            I actually think there was one competitive team in the East, and a big middle class.

We took two games from Cleveland, sure, but we got wrecked in the other 4.

Comment

I actually think there was one competitive team in the East, and a big middle class.

Yeah, the East got less terrible, but more mediocre.

Comment

Even if that's true it's still better than what the east had to offer last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X