No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is he ignoring Nick Nurse or is Nick Nurse wildly overrated?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Two things. Yes, he has made a lot of adjustments, which is good. But, also importantly, he hasn't jumped the gun and panicked. The staff has been patient enough to let stuff fail first, rather than constantly be tinkering. I know that sounds messed up but I think that some coaches and teams react to ghosts too much and get themselves in trouble for no reason.

The EOG offense is questionable but, otherwise, I think the staff has done a great job holding this thing together so far despite all the injuries and generally poor play from Derozan.
      Benching Biz in game 4 was an example of chasing ghosts

Comment

• It's quite amazing that after a full season and Casey's assertion to the contrary, that Scola is truly out of the rotation now due to his poor (to be nice) play. Casey again showing that he is capable of making the right call (better late than never).

Only real complaint last game was the number of possessions that we ended up forcing ourselves into a late clock ISO because we burned the full possession.

There was one possession where CoJo dribbled at the top while we ran a series of screens intended to get Demar the ball on the left wing (Lowry was one of the screeners). Miami played the pass tight and what we ended up doing was hand off pass to Demar at the top with about 6 seconds left on the clock. Demar, ISO against a set defence with limited time from the top of the arc is a bad possession and had obvious results (no points). We had too many possessions that ended up very similar. Multiple wasted trips that only didn't cost us the game because of our defence.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          The only complaint I had last night is about playing a clearly over-matched Powell instead of James Johnson. The Heat 'big' small-ball lineup is the ideal circumstance for JJ, especially when the rest of the lineup is loaded with ball handlers and shooters. It was particularly evident during the one Heat mini-run, which was lead by Joe Johnson. I was pleading with the TV... if there's ever a time to use JJ...
          Now we're complaining about Casey playing rookies over veterans, we've come full circle guys

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            It's quite amazing that after a full season and Casey's assertion to the contrary, that Scola is truly out of the rotation now due to his poor (to be nice) play. Casey again showing that he is capable of making the right call (better late than never).

Only real complaint last game was the number of possessions that we ended up forcing ourselves into a late clock ISO because we burned the full possession.

There was one possession where CoJo dribbled at the top while we ran a series of screens intended to get Demar the ball on the left wing (Lowry was one of the screeners). Miami played the pass tight and what we ended up doing was hand off pass to Demar at the top with about 6 seconds left on the clock. Demar, ISO against a set defence with limited time from the top of the arc is a bad possession and had obvious results (no points). We had too many possessions that ended up very similar. Multiple wasted trips that only didn't cost us the game because of our defence.
            might, maybe, could see some scola in a game 1 of a cavs series. he might, maybe, could be good for 3-4 minutes after these two weeks rest

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              It's quite amazing that after a full season and Casey's assertion to the contrary, that Scola is truly out of the rotation now due to his poor (to be nice) play. Casey again showing that he is capable of making the right call (better late than never).

I remember that play clearly. I remember asking myself why we force such a play when it clearly is not there. The play calling seems too rigid. Don't take what the defence gives you, instead, run the play we drew up.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                might, maybe, could see some scola in a game 1 of a cavs series. he might, maybe, could be good for 3-4 minutes after these two weeks rest
                He was worse, significantly worse, all season long when he had rest days than when he didn't.

Scola should never see the light of day again.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                  I remember that play clearly. I remember asking myself why we force such a play when it clearly is not there. The play calling seems too rigid. Don't take what the defence gives you, instead, run the play we drew up.
                  Also so simplistic. Literally Miami had to prevent the pass to Demar moving away from the hoop to disrupt the entire possession. Considering Miami has been switching screens all series, deny 1 pass from off ball screens wouldn't be that hard. We had zero options beyond getting Demar the ball and wasted an entire shot clock to get it.

Plays should always have multiple options built in, each with variations depending on how the defence reacts (if player x is coming off a screen, then variations would be used if the def goes under the screen vs over the screen vs switching the screen vs hedging).

Also if you are going to spend a lot of time on elaborate screens then it should be getting the ball to a player moving to the hoop or at least laterally. A player running baseline to the wing can usually get open without all those screens because the defence is more concerned with keeping them away from the hoop. Seems like Demar could have simply cut hard from the baseline to accomplish the same thing. If Miami is overplaying to deny that pass, then DD could quickly reverse direction and get a back door cut to the hoop open.

All around, a terrible possession with a bad play.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Lol settle down there Dwane
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• So I asked some of you guys going into the playoffs what it would take for you to get on board of Casey coming back. A couple of you said he'd need to get through round one. A couple of you said he'd need to get to the conferences finals. You standing by that now or has your scale of expectations changed?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        So I asked some of you guys going into the playoffs what it would take for you to get on board of Casey coming back. A couple of you said he'd need to get through round one. A couple of you said he'd need to get to the conferences finals. You standing by that now or has your scale of expectations changed?
                        i don't want him back at all. for every positive sign there's been a negative WTF moment. We're playing garbage basketball and have gotten this far because of our depth and by playing a shitty team followed by a team decimated by injuries. but he's coming back, so lets hope we can keep winning in spite of shitty ball.

Comment

So I asked some of you guys going into the playoffs what it would take for you to get on board of Casey coming back. A couple of you said he'd need to get through round one. A couple of you said he'd need to get to the conferences finals. You standing by that now or has your scale of expectations changed?
                          I'm at the point where I can live with Casey coming back.

I'm more ok with Casey coming back than DeMar getting the max, being honest.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I don't believe we've played well enough at this point. Too many poor games/quarters/plays with the same problems that we've seen before. I don't see how we can progress as a team under Casey.

Comment

• So you're taking it back then. Fair enough.

Comment

So you're taking it back then. Fair enough.
                                Who and what?

If you talking about me, no, it was always relating to how we played, at least playing in the second round.

Comment

Working...
                                X