Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    No, it's bias. Stupidity would be wagering money on it.
    I was actually trying to say it's a combination of bias and stupidity but yeah, essentially.

Comment

• Lots of good candidates this year for sure.

There's the caveat for things like Popovich is the best coach in the league, I think Spo and Carlisle and now Stevens are on a tier just behind him. D'Antoni can work magic when he has the right ingredients. Steve Kerr is obviously really good but we've also never seen him without a spectacular roster, so that's hard to judge.

For CoY Stevens has to be the front runner, I'd put Spo, Thibs, Casey, and McMillan just behind him and probably in that order. You have to win quite a bit and exceed preseason projections by quite a bit to win CoY typically. A guy like McMillan is doing a great job, but if they stay in the #4-8 range in the East with a WP% in the .500's, he's not getting CoY for that.

There's half a season left to play, if the Wolves keep trending up and start really knocking on the #2 seed's door, that'll strengthen Thibs' case. If the Heat keep trending up and finish ahead of the Cavs, a #3 seed for them is a very strong case. Ditto for Casey if they keep pushing at Boston. But even given all that, the Celtics with a whole new team, a bunch of young guys in the core, and no Hayward finishing as maybe the #2 team in the league behind GS, that's the leading argument for CoY.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Stevens should definitely be the frontrunner. Has a trash team in 1st, after all.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          With all the injuries and turmoil the Clippers have had this year, you've got to put Doc Rivers somewhere on that list.
          I refuse to believe doc rivers is a good coach

LJ2 wrote: View Post
          No Thibs?
          Teams is extremely talented. Arguably the best big 3 after golden state forsure a top 5 'big 3'. (Joining cleveland houston and okc) and minny is winning on pure raw talent. Ton of iso play and relying on one guy to "go off"..also winning a lot of squeakers
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            To not even list Brad Stevens as a contender. That's not even just bias it's just flat out stupidity.
            Make your own list then...

As I have said many times ..it’s easier for guys like yourself to comment on what’s been said and done by others than actually formulating a position and expanding on it..in print with your name on it....that would take initiative and thought..as opposed to whining and bitching on why your position is not considered by someone else who cares little to nothing about the white noise coming from someone in the back row....

SR said the same things as you..yet he comes off as something other than a whinny little self entitled listen to me I am so smart piece of fly drek...

Not that I don’t value your opinion...
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jan 18, 2018, 02:29 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              No, it's bias. Stupidity would be wagering money on it.
              I had him on..but brad is meeting expectations .... he is an acknowledged genius in the MSM despite an 11 and 18 playoff record ....and the Chowders were pegged to finish first and win 60.... brad is meeting expectations.... The other coaches are lifting their teams beyond expectations...
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Make your own list then...

As I have said many times ..it’s easier for guys like yourself to comment on what’s been said and done by others than actually formulating a position and expanding on it..in print with your name on it....that would take initiative and thought..as opposed to whining and bitching on why your position is not considered...

SR said the same things as you..yet he comes off as something other than a whinny little self entitled listen to me I am so smart piece of fly drek...

Not that I don’t value your opinion...
                All this winning and demar playing well, combined with an exodus of some confrotational members has made RR so friendly these last 6 months or more. Soft, even. But alas, egos bruise and patience is short. Much like the nba players, fists are starting to fly and technicals are being issued. I like it

Comment

I had him on..but brad is meeting expectations .... he is an acknowledged genius in the MSM despite an 11 and 18 playoff record ....and the Chowders were pegged to finish first and win 60.... brad is meeting expectations.... The other coaches are lifting their teams beyond expectations...
                  HOLD ON - You aren't going to acknowledge the fact that the "expectations" were not taking into account their best player was going to be out with a season ending injury the very first game, or that you in particular thought these "expectations" were about 10 wins too high? You'd think you of all people would be a believer in what Brad Stevens is doing with a roster you don't think is as good as everyone else thinks it is.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    All this winning and demar playing well, combined with an exodus of some confrotational members has made RR so friendly these last 6 months or more. Soft, even. But alas, egos bruise and patience is short. Much like the nba players, fists are starting to fly and technicals are being issued. I like it

I like beef... Alberta ..AAA grade .....and I do on occassion miss Snootch.. but not for long.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jan 19, 2018, 01:35 PM.
                    - TGO

Comment

Disingenuous. The expectations changed drastically the second haywards leg bone tried to leave his skin

But it's ok DS we know by now. Matt Damon is the world's worst actor, cheers a brutally awful sitcom and the band boston is a disgrace to music

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        lol this place has gotten soft and agreeable. Hard for people to set their hair on fire when the team wins 70% of the time and refuses to lose more than 2 games in a row. I have a feeling we'll make up for it in the playoffs.

We haven't even had someone rage quit this season. Chr1san1's output is also down 80% as he's got virtually no one to argue with about DeRozan anymore.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Casey sucks. Media is giving him credit for changing a system he implemented. Raptors could have won as much in previous years without the selfish, unsustainable system which instilled bad habits. In fact, the "new:" system looks like the way they were playing right after the Gay trade and the bench still passes more and more effectively than the starters before regressung back to the Gay era ISO ball for the next few years

Young players regress in their second year under him - Ross, Norm, JV, CJ
                          Doesnt use the roster effectively - Scola, Salmons, Ibaka, Miles, James Johnson, Lou Williams
                          Runs a PnR offense for 42 minutes then benches them in crunchtime to run FVV - Ibaka the worst PnR combo on the team
                          In game management is brutal
                          Derozan would have benefited more under a coach that used him as a facilitator, spotup shooter the last few years the way EVERYONE else thought he should be used instead of the foul drawing, ISO scorer

He sucks, the GM is more responsible for regular season success while a coach is responsible for getting players playing the rightway for playoff succcess.

Casey doesnt deservea any credit until after this years playoff

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            lol this place has gotten soft and agreeable. Hard for people to set their hair on fire when the team wins 70% of the time and refuses to lose more than 2 games in a row. I have a feeling we'll make up for it in the playoffs.

We haven't even had someone rage quit this season. Chr1san1's output is also down 80% as he's got virtually no one to argue with about DeRozan anymore.
                            I honestly can't remember the last time a mod came in to say "ok guys stop personal attacking each other" or even deleted a post or a 24 hour ban to cool someone off. That all used to be commonplace. They used to have lock down the demar thread almost daily to let the smoke clear lol

Comment

Pelton had them at 49.4 wins. Matt Moore 57. Ben Golliver didn't give a win total, but had them 3rd in East behind Cavs and Wiz. USA Today 52. Nylon Calculus 48.7.

And that was before Hayward went down, turning them into a trash team.

Who had them for 60 wins??
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Casey's still looking good for all-star coach. I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe the team with the best record after games played on Sunday Feb 4th will determine who the head coach will be. With the caveat that you can't have the same head coach two years in a row (so Brad Stevens is exempt).

The Raptors are 4 games ahead of the Cavs (and have the tie breaker). The Raptors play 9 games between now and February 4 (including a game on the 4th). If the Raps go 5-4 or better he'll get to coach. They do play 4 teams with records below .500 in that span (Atlanta, Utah, LAL, Memphis). 6 of the 9 games are at home as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X