No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just realized Blatt is unemployed. How about the team fire Casey, and bring in Blatt for Game 2, and the remainder of the play offs?

As for his comments about "real" fans: I've been watching, and going to games since the SkyDome. I'm not going around questioning other people's "loyalty" to a team because I think it's pointless. Nobody gets a real fan medal or real fan ring at the end of all this. If the team doesn't perform well, you have every right to criticize. If you want to question anything they do, you have that choice. If the head coach seems clueless as to how to use his personnel to make obvious adjustments, then it's every fans right to do so.

The real fans he expects everyone to be are cheerleaders. Mindless drones with not a single iota of individual thought-process.
    Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Apr 17, 2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
      So I just realized Blatt is unemployed. How about the team fire Casey, and bring in Blatt for Game 2, and the remainder of the play offs?

As for his comments about "real" fans: I've been watching, and going to games since the SkyDome. I'm not going around questioning other people's "loyalty" to a team because I think it's pointless. Nobody gets a real fan medal or real fan ring at the end of all this. If the team doesn't perform well, you have every right to criticize. If you want to question anything they do, you have that choice. If the head coach seems clueless as to how to use his personnel to make obvious adjustments, then it's every fans right to do so.

The real fans he expects everyone to be are cheerleaders. Mindless drones with not a single iota of individual thought-process.
      Casey is a small, small man. plain and simple.

the championship ring exit interview.

the "internet people in their basement" comment.

now this.

all along not making any improvement to his rotations / strategies.

he's a fucking charlatan.

Comment

• Why didn't we just throw a double team at PG13 when he "got going" to take the ball out of his hands, instead of "searching for somebody" to guard him. Are you trying to tell me that doubling George is a tactic that wasn't thoroughly planned for in advance, by the coaching staff? I mean, he's basically the only legitimate scoring threat, and even then, PG is a tier below the Durants and Lebrons.

The Casey comment is part of a repeating pattern of deflecting and pre-empting criticism of his coaching decisions (or non-decisions). In contrast to the majority of Casey's excellent personal attributes, this is a character flaw.

Comment

• Man, what I would give to know what Masai's thinking right now.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Why didn't we just throw a double team at PG13 when he "got going" to take the ball out of his hands, instead of "searching for somebody" to guard him. Are you trying to tell me that doubling George is a tactic that wasn't thoroughly planned for in advance, by the coaching staff? I mean, he's basically the only legitimate scoring threat, and even then, PG is a tier below the Durants and Lebrons.

The Casey comment is part of a repeating pattern of deflecting and pre-empting criticism of his coaching decisions (or non-decisions). In contrast to the majority of Casey's excellent personal attributes, this is a character flaw.
            He's not exactly a killer threat to beat you with the passing game either. He's much like DeMar where if you throw extra defenders at him he's just as likely to attempt a tough shot as to find the open man. Heck, look at the season opener against them - we made it tough for him, he ended up with 17 points on 22 FGA/FT-trips, and racked up 8 assists and 12 boards - and we won.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              He's not exactly a killer threat to beat you with the passing game either. He's much like DeMar where if you throw extra defenders at him he's just as likely to attempt a tough shot as to find the open man. Heck, look at the season opener against them - we made it tough for him, he ended up with 17 points on 22 FGA/FT-trips, and racked up 8 assists and 12 boards - and we won.
              Demarre Carroll made it tough for him.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Demarre Carroll made it tough for him.
                True, but I think we also threw a lot of help his way. If the Pacers' role players are going to beat you, you live with that. Can't let their star get whatever he wants though.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Why didn't we just throw a double team at PG13 when he "got going" to take the ball out of his hands, instead of "searching for somebody" to guard him. Are you trying to tell me that doubling George is a tactic that wasn't thoroughly planned for in advance, by the coaching staff? I mean, he's basically the only legitimate scoring threat, and even then, PG is a tier below the Durants and Lebrons.

Casey doesn't believe in adjustments, remember?

Seriously though, it took until what, game 6 of the BKL series for us to throw a double at Joe Johnson? I wouldn't hold my breath, friend.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    True, but I think we also threw a lot of help his way. If the Pacers' role players are going to beat you, you live with that. Can't let their star get whatever he wants though.
                    Frustrating thing is the Pacers role players are never going to beat you - they're not that good. Raps should be giving PG13 the Jordan rules. You're not losing this series to Rodney Stuckey ffs.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Frustrating thing is the Pacers role players are never going to beat you - they're not that good. Raps should be giving PG13 the Jordan rules. You're not losing this series to Rodney Stuckey ffs.
                      Seriously anoyone other than demar on him and i think we win. Not even because he is an aweful defender, although he was pretty damn bad yesterday, but he just cant do a good job defending and light it up on offense. Its really that simple.

Comment

• So why didn't we try Ross on PG yesterday? At least Ross can defend somewhat
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          So why didn't we try Ross on PG yesterday? At least Ross can defend somewhat
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            so if and when they win you will gladly give the team props or will the bar move about how it isn't enough for the second round?

it is put up or shut up right?

so if we win round one you will change your sig to "i doubted casey and dd and they made me eat it"

and if and when we lose i will make my sig "i doubted oldskoolcool and was made to look like an idiot"

until the playoffs are over? because it is put up or shut up right
                            Why would I sig bet you for winning one round that we should win as the 2nd seed?? That's stupid

Raptors, as a second seed, should not have performed the way they did as a team. It's not just that they only lost by ten and fans were leaving before the game was over, but how they lost that had many of the fans leaving the arena before the game was over. Does that make sense?

Casey was speaking to those guys. I am saying that he should maybe listen instead of playing ignorant because those "not real fans" can see what is going on pretty clearly on the court.

The bar for the playoffs is always the Chip, for every team that makes it

But, just because you don't reach the bar does not mean your playoffs were a failure.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Why would I sig bet you for winning one round that we should win as the 2nd seed?? That's stupid

Raptors, as a second seed, should not have performed the way they did as a team. It's not just that they only lost by ten and fans were leaving before the game was over, but how they lost that had many of the fans leaving the arena before the game was over. Does that make sense?

Casey was speaking to those guys. I am saying that he should maybe listen instead of playing ignorant because those "not real fans" can see what is going on pretty clearly on the court.

The bar for the playoffs is always the Chip, for every team that makes it

But, just because you don't reach the bar does not mean your playoffs were a failure.
                              Those fans that left are not the issue. Those fans are real fans given they pay to be there. That's a red herring. The real issues are poor play by DD and KL and DCs inability to have a game plan to stop PG.

Comment

• Is it Casey's fault that his two "stars" keeps playing like shit in pressurized situation? aka playoffs.

The reason the Raps lost yesterday was because their two stars didn't show up.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X